Social UK: Police Accuse Man of Playing “Racist Music”

What was the music?

What was the music?

Should be irrelevant. I get some of the criticism. We don't actually see what the guy did. I wouldn't take anything the police say for gospel. Possibly he's looking to provoke like the open carry people do here, but regardless, the police showing up to harass and threaten people like that over music is disturbing to say the least. And part of a pattern.

I just listened to the video, he said the guy had loud music playing out the window. He also mentioned it was racist music and defamatory...I said I didn't care about whether or not it was racist....so what strawman did I actually create?

Again. You don't see the issue. Police showing up because someone called them sand said someone was playing racist music? And them making an issue about this and clearly harassing and threatening this dude? That doesn't bother you?

Should be irrelevant. I get some of the criticism. We don't actually see what the guy did. I wouldn't take anything the police say for gospel. Possibly he's looking to provoke like the open carry people do here, but regardless, the police showing up to harass and threaten people like that over music is disturbing to say the least. And part of a pattern.
Agree mostly but I'd still like to know what music was deemed "Racist music."

Again. You don't see the issue. Police showing up because someone called them sand said someone was playing racist music? And them making an issue about this and clearly harassing and threatening this dude? That doesn't bother you?
Not at all, cause he was playing the shit loud and out his window. He was looking for attention, now if he was just playing his music at a normal volume in his home and was harassed and threatened for it, sure. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Not at all, cause he was playing the shit loud and out his window. He was looking for attention, now if he was just playing his music at a normal volume in his home and was harassed and threatened for it, sure. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Doesn't seem to be. You are just assuming that is the case due to the threats and accusations from police. Great.

If he was blasting loud music, fuckem. The type of music should not matter. I have been tempted to call the police on people having parties in my neighborhood at the time. It's because they blast that shit until 4-5am, I don't give a damn what genre it is. It was rap though FTW.

What was the music?

The Wiggles

source.gif

It should not matter what he was playing only how loudly it was being played.

If it was loud enough to be held as disturbing the peace then tell him to turn it down or get a ticket.

It should be the same no matter the kind of music.

Britain is absolutely fucked! It gets more and more totalitarian every day and the same is going to happen to many other countries including mine.

I'm the guy who blasts loud music all night in my neighborhood

Back