Uk kent open: White belt against a yellow belt

yodsaenkla**

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What does this mean? That both competitor's are in the white belt category yet one chooses to wear a yellow belt for some reason?

Possibly because his school chooses that you climb the ranks through extra belts as a money spinner?

I don't understand. Kent open (aka english open this year) doesn't make any mention of yellow belts that I can see.

I know there is no yellow belt category (in any BJJ tournament I know of) yet I remember seeing a guy wearing a yellow belt competing against a guy wearing a white belt I was wondering why this was.

Usually a yellow belt is a kids (under 16) belt that you give them after white. No tournament has a yellow belt division, so they would just compete with white belts.

for scoring?
imgres

I know there is no yellow belt category (in any BJJ tournament I know of) yet I remember seeing a guy wearing a yellow belt competing against a guy wearing a white belt I was wondering why this was.

Green and yellow belt is sometimes use to differentiate competitors.

its in case two of you are wearing the same colour gi.
one wears a yellow belt.
so you know who the points are going to.

The Kent Open is my competition.

It is run by Carlson Gracie Revolution Team, the first year we ran the competition for 450 competitors in 1, YES, 1 day. Last year we had a more relaxed atmosphere and did just under that number in 2 days.

This year we are again running the event over 2 days, it has changed it name to the English Open. Info and registration hereHOME - 2010 English BJJ Open

Without seeing the fight that we are talking about, I cannot give a definitive answer, however there are 2 possible reasons.

a) We did use non standard (hrizontal stripes/not vertical), green and yellow belts for those same colour gi scenarios. maybe an orange Judo belt found it way into the bag? it is primarily a massive judo centre after all

or

b) It was a juveniles match where a white belt, was fighting a graded yet still juvenile competitor.

We do have juvenile competitors at the comps, ranging from 6 or 7 upto under 18s.

Hope this helps!

OSSSSSSSSSS!

sick i didnt think thered be many carlson london on here

im signing up for the comp on monday!

Maybe he was a judo guy? Why does it really matter, as long as he's not wearing blue your fine.

When under 16 kids compete the belt color doesn't matter. You will see white, yellow, orange, and green all compete together.

The Kent Open is my competition.

It is run by Carlson Gracie Revolution Team, the first year we ran the competition for 450 competitors in 1, YES, 1 day. Last year we had a more relaxed atmosphere and did just under that number in 2 days.

This year we are again running the event over 2 days, it has changed it name to the English Open. Info and registration hereHOME - 2010 English BJJ Open

Without seeing the fight that we are talking about, I cannot give a definitive answer, however there are 2 possible reasons.

a) We did use non standard (hrizontal stripes/not vertical), green and yellow belts for those same colour gi scenarios. maybe an orange Judo belt found it way into the bag? it is primarily a massive judo centre after all

or

b) It was a juveniles match where a white belt, was fighting a graded yet still juvenile competitor.

We do have juvenile competitors at the comps, ranging from 6 or 7 upto under 18s.

Hope this helps!

OSSSSSSSSSS!

Ok thanks that makes sense and thanks to the other guy's that answered.

Lots of times, I would be a white belt in judo and fight any coloured belts.

Back