International UK firms are starting to decouple from China because of GeoPolitics.

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
- CBI (Confederation of British Industry) chief says UK firms are cutting ties with China
- Due to security issues and tensions with the West

--

UK firms are cutting ties with China amid wider tensions, CBI chief says

British businesses are scrambling to sever economic ties with China in the wake of increased political and security tensions between Beijing and the west, an industry leader has said.

Speaking to FT Weekend, he said thousands of companies in the UK were engaged in rethinking supply chains in anticipation of anti-China political sentiment hardening.

“Every company that I speak to at the moment is engaged in rethinking their supply chains … because they anticipate that our politicians will inevitably accelerate towards a decoupled world from China.”

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...y-danker-supply-chains?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

--

Well I guess building up China with offshoring, tech transfer, WTO membership, most favored nation status by the US and moving Western industry to China was not such a good idea. Oh well atleast there seems to be a real paradigm shift happening in the West now.

A "decoupled world" from China... I'm thinking that world looks something like this:

gnhiNbo.jpeg

It's a necessary thing to do, but China has been prepping for it for a while. I guess we'll see whether they've prepared themselves enough.

A "decoupled world" from China... I'm thinking that world looks something like this:

gnhiNbo.jpeg

It's a necessary thing to do, but China has been prepping for it for a while. I guess we'll see whether they've prepared themselves enough.

I don’t see why Mexico, Central South America and large parts of Africa can’t be a part. Politicians are failing by not bringing them into the fold.

Good for them. China is not anyone's friend except itself.

We're just sitting back, waiting for the US, China and Russia to nuke each other and then the empire will rise again.

It’s just business. All this bullshit with China is bad for business.

gnhiNbo.jpeg

I wouldnt count on Bulgaria or Hungary but the rest yeah assuming Trump doesnt break the country up. 2024/2025
I don’t see why Mexico, Central South America and large parts of Africa can’t be a part. Politicians are failing by not bringing them into the fold.

Because they hate the woke agenda and dont like the patronizing view of the radical liberalism agenda. Africans you could largelly buy off but the continent is headed for famine says the WEF so.... no point. But South America block is largelly filled with states who resent US influence. If an American far right person was elected they might shift more pro US but the Biden admin and Obama were hostile to their interests. Trump didnt care how they governed but the deep state tried to make him attack Venezuela.

Well Brazil is heavily involved in BRICS and dedollarization. Argentina is as well and joining. Venezuela is a russian ally as is Bolivia, Nicaragua, Cuba, and now it seems Chile and Peru. China has huge trade and investments in Brazil and the other countries. Russia supplies almost all fertilizer to Paraguay and key materials.

gnhiNbo.jpeg

this is the world with all the fun areas taken out

Good, everyone should move away from China.

All global businesses should minimize relying on China. The CCP cannot be trusted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back