UK fight shows and new covid restrictions

RDL81

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So Boris has announced plans to allow spectators to sporting events has been put on hold in the UK and that these new restrictions could last for 6 months.

Given this is it likely that the announced matchroom shows go ahead? What about Joyce vs Dubois?

What is happening in the USA any signs something similar could happen

So Boris has announced plans to allow spectators to sporting events has been put on hold in the UK and that these new restrictions could last for 6 months.

Given this is it likely that the announced matchroom shows go ahead? What about Joyce vs Dubois?

What is happening in the USA any signs something similar could happen
I think the fights will go ahead. Matchroom have already put on spectator-less events. Covid could carry on for some time. Fighters still have to get paid even if it's less than they would usually.

No surprise at all. And it will the same in the states, until well in to next year at least. These guys just need to fight rather than lose a year + of their careers. It’s not so bad for Dubois or the youngsters at LW, but Joyce, wilder, Fury, Joshua etc haven’t got time to sit around. They just need to appreciate that they’re not gonna get paid what they would

Yeah I totally agreed but Warren has already implied that Dubois vs Joyce and wilder fury won’t happen behind closed doors so looks like he will need an alternative. I am sure Eddie will go ahead and innovate less sure about warren

I grant matchroom will announce soon where they will be staging them possibly Wembley arena

Back