International UK/European energy crisis, is Russia behind this?

The short version is Europe fucked itself with its dumbass energy policies, then Russia turned the screws on them.

The long version would take about 100 pages to type out.

I don't think they got blamed for Covid. Boo hoo poor Russians getting blamed.

But it's not just me who thinks Russia is partly responsible for this.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....gy-gas-renewables-climate-cmd-intl/index.html
Of course they are behind this one. Just making fun of the Neoliberal western medias who have cried wolf way too much about Russia, that accusing Russia of anything is just a Tuesday at this point. Russia is the eternal scapegoat in the eyes of the whining wester consumer.

The whole go green, carbon zero thing doesn’t make any sense unless China are also involved.

www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57018837.amp

“China emits more greenhouse gas than the entire developed world combined, a new report has claimed.

The research by Rhodium Group says China emitted 27% of the world's greenhouse gases in 2019.”

The UK’s contribution to greenhouse effect is negligible by comparison.

Perhaps but China is also leading the way into that overall industry.

I don't know for the life of me why we aren't full force for nuclear power at this point.

You really don't know? Because big oil is in the politicians pockets. Same reason we're going to electric cars kicking and screaming, home solar energy is too expensive for most. Government cares more about corporations than it does people, been like that for a long time.

It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Russia has lowered supply and prices have skyrocketed. The question is why.

I’d imagine it’s to apply pressure on Europe to get Nord Stream 2 running despite US opposition.

You really don't know? Because big oil is in the politicians pockets. Same reason we're going to electric cars kicking and screaming, home solar energy is too expensive for most. Government cares more about corporations than it does people, been like that for a long time.

You're right, I should have said I do know but it's bullshit.

The whole go green, carbon zero thing doesn’t make any sense unless China are also involved.

www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57018837.amp

“China emits more greenhouse gas than the entire developed world combined, a new report has claimed.

The research by Rhodium Group says China emitted 27% of the world's greenhouse gases in 2019.”

The UK’s contribution to greenhouse effect is negligible by comparison.

Mostly because we'v exported our production to them.

China will do what is in the best interests of China. Everyone else be damned.
OF course they are doing it for their own interest. Just saying that the CCP recognised a long time ago the importance of green technologies and became a major player within like 15 years

It doesn't matter AOC says the world will end in like 10 years anyways unless we do drastic things... Time to switch your dog diets, hard hitting journalism helping you peasants.

It doesn't matter AOC says the world will end in like 10 years anyways unless we do drastic things... Time to switch your dog diets, hard hitting journalism helping you peasants.

They will be forcing us to eat bugs soon, too. The BBC are already priming the pumps:

Can eating bugs save the world?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01599yk

Eating insects: Should we be eating more? Why are they so good?
www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/49127499.amp

A neglected protein-rich 'superfood'
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20210420-the-protein-rich-superfood-most-europeans-wont-eat

But, don’t worry, I’m sure Bill Gates, AOC and the Met Gala type people will still be eating beef.

Most of it's because they decided to shut down the economy for too long over "COVID"
That's screwed up the whole supply chain, and led to inflation, (along with printing a bunch of paper money and giving stiumuls checks)
That would make sense if it was an inflationary rise in prices but it has gone way beyond that. The price has risen that high because the supplies were lowered that much by the Russians. Just like OPEC do with oil.

My point still stands. Whether the UK becomes carbon net zero or not is NEGLIGIBLE.

My point would highlight though that our actual potential influence is much greater than our domestic emissions.

I mean really you'd think this situation would actually be a good advert for moving away from fossil fuels and the weakness this introduced into our economies.

Last edited:
The issue was caused long ago when it was known we can't keep emissions at current levels but we just kicked the can down the road, making the adjustments required more disruptive.

China will do what is in the best interests of China. Everyone else be damned.

Much like every country.

Every country can claim to have a immaterial impact on world wide emissions. US talks about outright numbers, China talks per capita, both have a reasonable amount of validity.

Back