Uhh... why isn't this fight Saturday?

I should elaborate. I live in australia and most cards are on sunday arvo. Which is not bad if i want to stay home and chill and watch the fights but i would much rather a friday night card at the bar

I realized that when I hit reply. Stopped and did the math and realized it wasn't nearly as late for you guys, but yeah, Friday would be better.

and lets be honest, no one really celebrates NYE. They're at home watching TV, switching between Ryan Seacrests dumb face and something more interesting
Just because you're boring doesn't mean the rest of the world is

Ratings will be better tonight than it would tomorrow night. Pride FC had them on NYE actually Shockwave, those were actually good events.

Pride did it all the time... UFC does July 4 cards all the time... facking NBA has their highest rated games on Christmas

and lets be honest, no one really celebrates NYE. They're at home watching TV, switching between Ryan Seacrests dumb face and something more interesting
In Maine everyone celebrates New Years Eve and goes crazy partying

College football playoffs are on Saturday

Ronda can't compete with NCAAF

Pm the UFC can't compete with any football playoffs. Luckily NFL is on Sundays lol
This. Clemson-Ohio State I think is the evening game.

UFC does July 4 cards all the time...

List 3 occasions where the UFC has done a card on July 4th

Actually, list two..

no, tell you what...

GIVE ME ONE OCCASION WHERE THE UFC HAS DONE A CARD ON JULY 4th

they never have. closest was Lesnar/Carwin on July 3rd

It's possibly more expensive to host an event on NYE in Vegas, coupled to the fact that you're competing for eyeballs at the same time your prime fight(s) is on.

Moving it to Friday seems fine enough, to me. I'll be able to enjoy both.

This is a one-off.

Reason being that Saturday is New Years Eve, and no one is going to spend New Years watching UFC. Everyone watches that stupid ball drop, and the card will probably go past midnight.
Fuck that ball,

I'd watch it, although im a dangerous shut-in with a rifle fetish. Take my opinion lightly.

Because if it was New Year's Eve most casuals (a high percentage of Rousey PPV buyers btw) will be much more likely to go out to party with their friends and watch the ball drop than stay home and watch the UFC PPV. Pretty simple. A much higher percentage of people will be looking for something to watch tonight.

List 3 occasions where the UFC has done a card on July 4th

Actually, list two..

no, tell you what...

GIVE ME ONE OCCASION WHERE THE UFC HAS DONE A CARD ON JULY 4th

they never have. closest was Lesnar/Carwin on July 3rd
hahahahaha

come on dim, that's not a fair fight. You're using facts and the other guy isn't.

Obviously Ronda's fight with Holly Holm was on a Saturday, so now she refuses to fight on Saturdays.

Ronda said Friday, Ronda gets what she wants.

What a stupid thread to start.

Here - I'll save it:

giphy.gif

god i hope this happens tonight lol.

Stop projecting. Turn off the Kardashians and make some friends and then you'll have somewhere to go on New Year's Eve.

Pride did it all the time... UFC does July 4 cards all the time... facking NBA has their highest rated games on Christmas

Different cultures bro
Japanese have a tradition watching something entertaining on tv for nye
Occidental are more into pArty and boozing on nye

Back