Uh, well you know Mike, we really need to change the way we calculate reach

"His arm's in, Joe, doesn't matter."

or

"He's doing the arm-in guillotine incorrectly, Mike! He has to SIT UP and squeeze, he can't pull from here."

I wonder what percentage of people who hear leg kicks think that it means kicks delivered via leg. (AKA, all kicks.)

the way it is kinda doesnt make sense anyway. they measure fingertip to finger tip... a broad chest increases ur length in inches, but its armpit to fingertip that counts.... ammirite?

the way it is kinda doesnt make sense anyway. they measure fingertip to finger tip... a broad chest increases ur length in inches, but its armpit to fingertip that counts.... ammirite?

Think about how a fighter faces his opponent, though. You're not standing directly in front of him with your arms perfectly perpendicular to your body. Instead you're turning one shoulder towards him with your arms going largely across your body. That means that your shoulder/chest length is important as well.

Goldy always calling out the numerical punch combos. Showcasing his mad striking knowledge.

"But what he lacks in the stand up department Mike, he makes up with his wrestling. Which UNDOUBTEDLY is the most important aspect of MMA. The ability to control where the fight takes place is what wins the fight!"

"Absolutely Joe!"

Still nothing either Rogan or Goldberg say even comes close to that one commentator after the Strikeforce Diaz/Miller altercation:

"Well we all know sometimes these things happen in MMA" WTF.

"OH! He's hurt, he's hurt!" Fighter proceeds to fight perfectly fine because he actually just tripped and stumbled very shortly.

"...and he is dropping BAAAMBS here Mike"

"Our corner cam is brought to you, by Corn Nuts. Corn...TO THE CORE!" hahahaha that last one is just hilarious.

Hahaha

"the official corn snack of the UFC!"

Also

"the jab is the most under-utilized weapon in MMA"

"I don't know Mike, its pretty deep.....OH WAIT HE JUST SLIPPED OUT."

"Well Mike we all know that sweat can make it EXTREMELY hard to pull off that submission."

Goes more like this:

"Well Joe, that sweat can make it really slippery and difficult to pull off the submission"
"Actually Mike sometimes it actually makes it easier to slip in chokes"

Also:

"It's so difficult to find training partners that emulate his style"

"He's standing right in front of him!!!!"

I get what he's implying but holy shit that hardly makes sense.

"That was some of the best technique I've seen in there, let's take a look at that again." Replay shows wild looping punches.

"the punches that land are the most dangerous kind"

Back