UG site down?

It goes down at least twice a day.

Kirik has let that place run into the dirt.

its up.

edit:
whups. after refreshing, it is not.

Yeah it's been down for me for a while today

that site makes my eyes bleed, well last time i checked.

The Gator decides.

Did you legit leave the UG for good?

This is Galanis BTW. Always thought you were one of the better members.

Yeah, man. I had a bet to leave forever should Jones beat Cormier.

I honored the bet.

Good to see you, you are one of the few posters I enjoyed reading opinions from.

Da fuck is all this ug talk? Fuck the ug

The UG is garbage now I don't go on there anymore

It goes down at least twice a day.

Kirik has let that place run into the dirt.

'02 account with less than 3k posts?

rILzZRI.gif

Yeah the UG sucks now, but so does every single big time MMA board out there. It's more a testament of the fans of this sport being lame and joining that site en masse than the board itself.

The best part that made the UG unique in its heyday, long before now, was that TONS of big time fighters posted there regularly (way more often than here, like, almost daily) including guys like Royce, Barnett, Miletich, Couture, and on and on.... Dana White and Joe Rogan, along with other names like Eddie Braco, were STILL active members of the UG on a regular basis up until only 2 years or so ago, when the UG basically FINALLY jumped the shark forever and let shit get ridiculous.

The UG was the most unique forum in all of pro sports IMO. In its heyday, there was nowhere like it, nowhere you could go to consistently interact with the top figures and athletes in the sport the board was about. You'd get a reply from anyone you asked of. Royce & co even had their own boards.

Old school Sherdog did have a lot of guys, like Bas and sometimes Rampage, but the UG for years and years was the "insider" forum for hardcore fans. Those days have been ruined by both retards who know nothing about MMA, and lack of care by the admins to put a stop to the trolling/nonstop fighter bashing (which, unlike on here, was 100x worse because it would get said straight up to the fighters themselves any time they made a post by countless trolls)

Sherdog used to be pretty great too, but once TUF hit, the shit hit the fan. I'd say the UG tapped out for good in 2011, but after TUF it still was plagued just like most. However, the top people in the sport were still active til around then. The rise of social media and the increasing amount of disrespect and trolls were the downfall of the UG, which is a real fucking shame.

Sorry for the rant. But any old school users of the UG know how special it was back then. Hell even here was a lot different in the old days (this is not my 1st account and it's still 7 years old).. it's just sad that when MMA went completely mainstream, the close knit online community that held it together and was the SOLE reason it survived for many years, has turned to shit.

I guess it's like any other mainstream thing now on the internet. Infested with people who know little yet feel the need to constantly express their horrid opinions and over run the boards with uninformed trash, while acting like what they say is gospel and other users are stupid for not agreeing.

In the old days, you lurked the UG or even Sherdog for a couple YEARS before you became a regular poster, or you'd get fucking torn apart by the members for being a total n00b.

There were still idiots and trolls - but it wasn't the vast majority. Back then, most users had been members for a while and the ones that didn't, again, would lurk to become knowledgeable before trying to chime in with opinions that were uninformed. You could actually have in depth discussion about the sport itself or technique, since most members trained in some discipline.

Now, legit fans who actually know what they are talking about are called "hipsters" or have been run off period because the majority has shifted, as in 90% or more users are new, and ironically also the most vocal..

Back then we all wanted it to be mainstream. Well now that it is, things sure have changed, and as of the last 2 years or so, I wouldn't necessarily say for the better. I sure do miss the old days of MMA in general... Especially not having watered down cards with ONE worthy fight every single weekend, put on by the ONLY major promotion.

Oh well.

Back