UFN 89 III - PBP/discussion/etc

This thread can be good and it can be bad. Sometimes the group can talk you out of a play that you believe in. I made the decision a long time ago to try to stick with my gut even if most are against that play. I think there was some massive groupthink going on with Cote.

Tricky thing is, "staying with your gut" can be just as dangerous. Isn't that just another version of closing your mind to the discussion?

Imo the most important thing is to get all the data before making a final dec. Data meaning: everyone's opinion itt, twitter info, instagram info, fighter interviews, weigh ins, old fight footage, training camp, injuries, ring rust etc.

Thread comments are great but what is important is the quality of the argument, not who is saying it, or how many people are saying it. The argument that "cote is bigger and he hits harder" is imo a pretty shallow argument, no matter how many people are saying it. While "Rory is an out side point fighter jab artist, and in order for him to close the distance and be a clinch fighter he would have to be a diff fighter"(paraphrasing) Is a deep and meaningful argument. It may take 30 pages of discussion before the best angle on a fight becomes clear, but usually with enough back and forth the best argument emerges.

Back