UFN 157 on ESPN+ 15 Andrade vs Zhang

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by JimGunn, Aug 12, 2019 at 11:18 AM.

1. JimGunn

JimGunn Silver Belt

2. Rickson

Rickson LOL @ Askren & his fans who thought he was elite

Zhang is chinny and Andrade walks forward throwing bombs non stop which is probably enough to win. She might also dump her head first to the ground.

3. JimGunn

JimGunn Silver Belt

Prelim start time is 3 am ET according to what I saw on the last UFC broadcast. Too late to stay up all night for, too early to wake up for. Might be the first card in a long while that I don't watch live.

Bodybuilder likes this.
  4. onC

onC Blue Belt

You can be a european for a day. It's good fun; you'll be able to return to your normal sleep schedule just in time for next weekends card ;).

rille31 likes this.
  5. Martialbeef

Martialbeef Purple Belt

Why is Santos fighting that guy? He should be fighting a top 15 dude.

Macaque likes this.
  6. Austisthunder

Austisthunder Blue Belt

Andrades forward pressure/ wrestling should handle this, although i will say Jessicas striking looked far worse than I remember after tape,
    The kicker here for me was Torres reversed/ got the best of weili 2 times when wrestling; if Torres can do it, id assume Jessica will be able to dominate there

7. piglord

piglord Black Belt

my entire sleeping schedule is optimised for the ufc, i hate early morning cards.

8. Cockadoodle

Cockadoodle Orange Belt

Feed him to the Leech

9. Blockbets

Blockbets White Belt

10. Blockbets

Blockbets White Belt

11. Blockbets

Blockbets White Belt

12. ApplesVild

ApplesVild Brown Belt

I wonder what the odds will be live for Evloev/Grundy

13. Rickson

Rickson LOL @ Askren & his fans who thought he was elite

Not done with my research but I'm leaning heavily towards Andrade.

Weili had some ugly fights against low level cans in the chinese scene. Just watched both Sattelmeyer fights and she can definitely get taken down. She gave up some single legs and that's Andrade's go to takedown.

https://ok.ru/video/286735143177

Then she fought Marilia Santos who we saw recently on the Contender Series and she dropped her with that brazilian zombie style. I noticed that Zhang is quite chinny even in her UFC debut. She does get wobbled.

Zhang will struggle with the punches especially as a kick heavy fighter who will not have much space to throw her kicks and the strength Andrade has in the grappling. For now I can only see her win by some guard sub. Andrade got subbed a few times in the past. She looks way better these days though. I bet Weili in her first 3 UFC fights but this seems to be the time to jump off the Weili train.

14. ill800

ill800 Founder of Eugenics Society of Gambling

Andrades got a long way to travel for this fight

Despite her having butch lesbian farmhouse strength, her striking really isn’t very good. She just kind of chases with wild hooks hoping she can close the distance to get a takedown

Weili is much more fluent and might be able to keep her at range for periods of the fight using her kicks to control range like she did against torres

Weili also has been eating her special Chinese spinach so she’s very strong. Doubt she’s strong enough to match the bull shark testosterone of andrade

Weili May get dropped but she does recover well.

I was looking for reasons not to go big on Andrade

15. Naught2Sixty

Naught2Sixty Black Belt

You need top tier footwork to outmaneuver Android and even then at some point you're gonna get grabbed. Joanna got taken down but has top tier pass blocking and get ups, my girl Thug Rose was looking sharp and elusive and had a good counter with them kimura grips but she fell apart I'm sad to say. Even said herself she didn't wanna be there after a round. Happy to get ko'd. Not that it pertains to this matchup much.

Anyway how does Weili win? I guess hometown cooking will give her a round automatically but it's 115 pounds so a ko is super unlikely especially against the powerhouse Android, doubtful Weili gets in a position to submit Andrade and getting walked down, bombed on and grabbed ahold of is gonna make it extremely hard to land enough kicks to make it a convincing argument you got the better of the fight.

I'm really struggling to not take all my savings + borrow as much money as I can and fly to Vegas to put it on Andrade.

16. Sauna

Sauna White Belt

Surely Weili can do what Rose and Joanna did. Sure AnROID is scary but no way she is keeping that belt for a long time and at these odds, I'm riding with my dawg Magnum.