UFN 156 on ESPN+ 14 Shevchenko vs Carmouche II

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
h8e21IM.jpg

LOL these main events are so bad lately. Luque/Perry is a banger and couple others with potential but this card is a dumpster fire of epic proportions

How big of a favorite is Shevchenko going to be? Burge is right- the ME is a joke.

You're getting a title fight on a fight night of course its going to be the main event, what do expect it to headline the prelims? Shev was headlining Fox cards when she wasn't even champ it's hardly a surprise.

Odds for the ME on Euro books are approx. -800 Shev and +500 Carmouche.

You're getting a title fight on a fight night of course its going to be the main event, what do expect it to headline the prelims? Shev was headlining Fox cards when she wasn't even champ it's hardly a surprise.

Odds for the ME on Euro books are approx. -800 Shev and +500 Carmouche.
Title fight is cool, just make it one worth watching.

Title fight is cool, just make it one worth watching.
That's really easy to say and a hell of a lot harder to do. The only possible other option maybe would be Chookagian and nobody wants to see her fight ever.

It's a decent fight regardless, Shev gets to avenge a loss and is against a decent grappler which the only way she'll ever get challenged at 125.

That's really easy to say and a hell of a lot harder to do. The only possible other option maybe would be Chookagian and nobody wants to see her fight ever.

Its a decent fight regardless, Shev gets to avenge a loss and is against a decent grappler which the only way she'll ever get challenged at 125.
There are only a handful of wmma fighters I'm interested in watching so unless is Joanna Violence, Rose, Andrade or Nunes I could not care less. This isn't even just the main though, there is 1 good fight here on the whole card. Isn't to say the others can't turn out to be good but UFC is so bloody watered down these days, really struggling to watch.

There are only a handful of wmma fighters I'm interested in watching so unless is Joanna Violence, Rose, Andrade or Nunes I could not care less. This isn't even just the main though, there is 1 good fight here on the whole card. Isn't to say the others can't turn out to be good but UFC is so bloody watered down these days, really struggling to watch.
Tbh I don't see how anyone serious about betting can complain about too many fights or events ever given every single extra fight is an opportunity to make money.

Regardless, there's a bunch of decent or interesting fights aside from Perry vs Luque. Main event is solid, Kunchenko vs Staropoli, Rodolfo Vieira's debut, Bontorin vs Paiva, Ostotits vs Macedo for the pervs etc. Its not casual friendly but its an entertaining card with some very good match ups.

First sight I like valentina as parlay piece, moffett, tecia and laureano

Tbh I don't see how anyone serious about betting can complain about too many fights or events ever given every single extra fight is an opportunity to make money.

Regardless, there's a bunch of decent or interesting fights aside from Perry vs Luque. Main event is solid, Kunchenko vs Staropoli, Rodolfo Vieira's debut, Bontorin vs Paiva, Ostotits vs Macedo for the pervs etc. Its not casual friendly but its an entertaining card with some very good match ups.
I gamble but I'm still a fan first. Being able to bet low level wmma doesn't make me want to watch Invicta! Hope we get some betting spots but I won't be giving up a Sunday afternoon to stay in and watch this.

TKD, this is maybe the toughest opponent for Valentina @ this weightclass. Not saying she is not gonna win, but it is not a foregone conclusion like some people think after she decapitated Eye. If nothing else, Carmouche is a lot better athlete than the 3 girls Val fought @ 125 so far. Use caution.
Sup kyle

I really rate carmouche, she's a solid competitor but valentina is clearly the better fighter atm. Striking and grappling (she has improved way too much). She's dynamic, very strong for the wc and is as experienced as ever. Only cons I see is she doesn't throw much volume, but lately she has improved in that dept (and liz is a low output girl too). I expect it to be a fairly competitive fight, much more than eye, but valentina should pull it off 9.9 out of 10 times, Worse case scenario being a dec for shev. How do you think carmouche could beat val?

I really rate carmouche, she's a solid competitor but valentina is clearly the better fighter atm.
For sure.
How do you think carmouche could beat val?
Val can beat herself. She can make it close by going for the ground too much. Look at her fight with Kaufman. Razor close. She is good on the ground, but still... she can be reversed and stalled out. Carmouche is a good grappler and have the size and strenght to compete there.
It depends solely on the odds for me. I don't know what bookies and public will do with her in this. If I have to I would playher straight, would not include her in parlays. Look her fight with Eye - she went for TDs even though she has nothing, and I mean, nothing to worry on the feet. Eye is an awful striker. But she can wrestle some and she has good grappling.

It may be my bias against Shevchenko talking here. I hate her, hate her style of fighting and hate her fanboys TBH. So take that into consideration, TKD :)

ook her fight with Eye - she went for TDs even though she has nothing, and I mean, nothing to worry on the feet. Eye is an awful striker. But she can wrestle some and she has good grappling.

It may be my bias against Shevchenko talking here. I hate her, hate her style of fighting and hate her fanboys TBH. So take that into consideration, TKD :)
You're right, it seems like she doesn't need to look for tds but then again, she's a low output, precision striker so she prob wants to make her opponents overthink on the feet with the td threat so she can strike with more confidence. As I said, her grappling is very good now and she's a strong girl at 125 so it isn't a weakness really and wouldn't call it bad fight iq.

Believe me, i'm not a big fan of shev either but I do think she's the best wmma fighter right now besides amanda, and she should dominate these 125 girls with relative ease. I'll wait for the lines

No offense to anyone but a -800 favorite isn’t a good “parlay piece”

Bet the dog and maybe you get lucky, no point touching Valentina at all

Carmouche did not look good in the second half of her last fight. Bet on her and was sweating that one. Could see a decision by brutalizing kickboxing display. Of course a ko. But sub isnt out of the realm of possibility with carmouche desperately shooting takedowns but I doubt it. Sehevschenko inside first 2 rds I would think

I think the under 2.5 is a smarter bet than anything else considering Schev is wrecking everyone atm

Back