UFN 149 on ESPN+ 7 Overeem vs Oleinik

Good value on the russian. I'm little surprised he is that big of dog here.

I think Oli is gonna knock out the Reem. Just gut feeling, can't tell you why.
I got a rule, never bet chiny fighters. It helped me to bet against Jouban And pass on Turner. Cant trust 2019 Overeem

Good value on the russian. I'm little surprised he is that big of dog here.

I think Oli is gonna knock out the Reem. Just gut feeling, can't tell you why.
Kinda like max getting the KO inside the fist two rounds huh?

If Yakovlev comes back and fights anywhere near his potential he will finish his new opponent Silva easily.
Ya know ive been digging into this fight for a minute now and really cant see how this is anywhere close to evens
Im heavily inclined to agree with you

I dont know what the exact weight situation is but Yak appears to be vastly bigger / vastly better going up against a can crusher who going up in weight on short notice from Brazil to Russia

Also him being a passive fighter will get a bit of a pass here since home field advantage will be in play if this somehow goes to decision

This Ivan Shtyrkov looks like A next usada victim . What do you think of him? I Wonder if his tdd holds up against Clark

Ya know ive been digging into this fight for a minute now and really cant see how this is anywhere close to evens
Im heavily inclined to agree with you

I dont know what the exact weight situation is but Yak appears to be vastly bigger / vastly better going up against a can crusher who going up in weight on short notice from Brazil to Russia

Also him being a passive fighter will get a bit of a pass here since home field advantage will be in play if this somehow goes to decision
Pretty much my only concern is if Yak was to stand there and eat so many leg kicks his overall movement is heavily compromised. But the overall likelihood of that isn't too bad and Yak should still be able to force grappling easily enough given his vast advantage.

Yak was a solid fighter the last time I remember seeing him in the UFC. He showed that he's a decent fighter in that loss to Maia years ago.

I really, really would like to see Reem get subbed here just for the lols, but I also really doubt it

Nothing watched yet but I think Michal can finish Antigulov.

He is a middleweight fighting at 205 lol but this Polak is on some EPO shit. Very, very good cardio and he goes to the body. I bet him to finish Villante who also has bad cardio and the odds were like 3.00 something. Antigulov has a little 2 minute grappling storm in him. He is no Demian Maia though. We didn’t see him submit a serious opponent and last time was very pathetic.

I doubt he became a cardio machine since then. Should be Michal‘s fight.

This Ivan Shtyrkov looks like A next usada victim . What do you think of him? I Wonder if his tdd holds up against Clark

Never saw the dude fight but if he can defend a few takedowns and escape the clinch, this should be like every Clark fight. He gets finished at the end lol. The UFC wants to give him a nice finish victory in Russia.

Pretty much my only concern is if Yak was to stand there and eat so many leg kicks his overall movement is heavily compromised. But the overall likelihood of that isn't too bad and Yak should still be able to force grappling easily enough given his vast advantage.

leg kicks are my main concern too, but i feel we're being adequately compensated with yak close to pick 'em.

unrelated to this particular card, but how can somebody follow this sport for literally a single month and still believe in "locks"
"Oh, Till is a lock bro he's so much better and so much big--"
"Oh, Wonderboy is a lock bro he's so much better and so much big--"
"Oh, Holloway is a lock bro he's so much bet--"
disclaimer: I went embarrassingly deep on a very low-level fight last night because I saw it as a lock lol

Got Olenik at +210. Think theres value there with submission skills and it being heavyweight. I'd handicap it at a pickem but the Overeem name drives the line IMO. Overeem too chinny, and Olenik could land/+submission aspect of his game. staying away from anything else on the card.

Reem and Oleynik have trained together. Said Reem had very good grappling defense, said Werdum couldn't sub him (which is wrong, but anyways).

Reem and Oleynik have trained together. Said Reem had very good grappling defense, said Werdum couldn't sub him (which is wrong, but anyways).

I heard Helwani interview both. Oleynik said hed never been able to sub Reem.

Both guys said they consider the other a friend and would help the other train for fights.

Overeem seemed confident. Oleynik sees Reem as quite a challenge.

Avoiding this fight.

I heard Helwani interview both. Oleynik said hed never been able to sub Reem.

Both guys said they consider the other a friend and would help the other train for fights.

Overeem seemed confident. Oleynik sees Reem as quite a challenge.

Avoiding this fight.
I was trying to find that tidbit too, the never subbed Reem part. Nice spot. After missing the -200, not that that was very enticing to begin with, I'm passing too. Maybe check props for something but yeah, with you on that.

Lost in devastating fashion the last card, a worry which I alluded to in another thread. Too much time in between cards makes me get lazy on my research because there is less urgency. With these overseas cards since there are so many unknown fighters it forces me to watch tape and not rely on false memories. Reis was the big betting loser for me.

I have $500 on Roxi @ +275. The number appears to be trending toward +300 too, so may add more. Leaning Abdurakhimov at plus money as well. I think Tybura is a can in hiding tbh.

Lost in devastating fashion the last card, a worry which I alluded to in another thread. Too much time in between cards makes me get lazy on my research because there is less urgency. With these overseas cards since there are so many unknown fighters it forces me to watch tape and not rely on false memories. Reis was the big betting loser for me.

I have $500 on Roxi @ +275. The number appears to be trending toward +300 too, so may add more. Leaning Abdurakhimov at plus money as well. I think Tybura is a can in hiding tbh.
Abdurakhimov's line has been dropping steadily so get him at + odds while you can! People are coming up with the same conclusion that he shouldn't be a big dog in this fight.

Back