UFN 144 on ESPN+ 2 Assuncao vs Moraes II

Was expected after seeing them at the face off yesterday. Bitch move to weigh in almost first when you're 7 pounds over though lol, she dosen't give a fuck
She did make 116 for the DWTNCS fight though.

Maybe she got her period this time, that seems to be the excuse for female fighters missing weight. But strange to miss by that much and just weigh in at the very start, I'm guessing she didn't make too much of an effort.

She is massive though, looks about the same size as her training partner Taila Santos who is a FLW

There does not appear to be a fight day weigh in stipulation for Frota, which means she is going to be massive when she steps in the Octagon

There does not appear to be a fight day weigh in stipulation for Frota, which means she is going to be massive when she steps in the Octagon

It would be absolute bananas if they don't have that :eek:

It would be absolute bananas if they don't have that :eek:
Commissions don't like doing it because it can be dangerous

I don't believe they gave Dern a stipulation either and she missed weight by the same amount as Frota

MMA media would report it, all I'm seeing is that they're taking 40% of Frota's purse.

Frota is indeed much larger than the average if not below average sized Souza but she doesn't use her assets particularly well in my opinion... Yes she's going to have a big reach advantage but I'll take Souza's heavy right hand, which I saw her fire with conviction and power for 5 rounds against a Angela Hill who was boxing out of her skin that night, over anything Frota can throw.

I have no doubt Frota can throw hard and knock out an ill prepared girl, she showed that in her last fight when she bothered to make 116. But in my opinion we've seen Souza's striking at a much higher level, and her sub game is tremendous as well.

How does Ledet beat Walker? Surprised so much money has come in on Ledet since the -400 opener for Walker.

Walker's chin and defense isn't perfect, but Ledet doesn't have much power or accuracy. Unless Walker tries to knock him out and gets caught himself, I realllly don't see Ledet pulling this off. If Walker were smart, he would take Ledet down and win rounds, but he doesn't seem too interested in winning decisions.

Walker should be -400 not -200.

The strikes he started landing on Holloway in the third round after getting beat badly for 10 mintutes was as impressive as anything Aldo did against Holloway

C'mon Raket Aldo arguably won 4 rounds vs Holloway, Ortega maaaybbbe won 1, with the other 3 being about as wide as could be. Holloway absolutely murked Ortega, whereas Aldo was uber competetive until the ending sequences.

How does Ledet beat Walker? Surprised so much money has come in on Ledet since the -400 opener for Walker.

Walker's chin and defense isn't perfect, but Ledet doesn't have much power or accuracy. Unless Walker tries to knock him out and gets caught himself, I realllly don't see Ledet pulling this off. If Walker were smart, he would take Ledet down and win rounds, but he doesn't seem too interested in winning decisions.

agree about the power but ledet does have accuracy with his boxing, certainly moreso than walker who loads up with everything. think ledet is extremely live.

A badass Rakic made Ledet look terrible, a very stiff and visibly nervous Khalil made Walker look fantastic. This match up may play out very differently. Ledet seems to have a good chin and also has a well timed jab, Walker goes bananas and might tire or get caught.

edit: piglord beat me to it! :)

Last edited:
Cant think of any other time the co main and main were Brazilian vs Brazilian.

agree about the power but ledet does have accuracy with his boxing, certainly moreso than walker who loads up with everything. think ledet is extremely live.

Hi Pig! What do you think about Frota/Souza, if you don't mind me picking your brain?

Interesting that the consensus seems to be that Frota missing weight is to her advantage. Sure the size advantage is large, and she didn't exactly look drained so probably barely even tried to make weight. But it seems you could just as well read it the opposite way: that it's a clear sign of her amateurism.

Interesting that the consensus seems to be that Frota missing weight is to her advantage. Sure the size advantage is large, and she didn't exactly look drained so probably barely even tried to make weight. But it seems you could just as well read it the opposite way: that it's a clear sign of her amateurism.

The fact that she ever fought as high as 135 and then 125, and got a unremarkable split decision win out of it tells me plenty, along with her successfully getting herself down to 116 prior to this. Just seems to be someone who hasn't been able to ever get substantially cutting weight down and we have to wonder how compromised she'll be for even trying this time out. It's obviously not an easy cut down to 115 for her given her stature and frame.

i didn't look into it dude but most people i trust favor souza - just wouldn't pay the juice.

You watch any tape on Frota? She doesn't do much for me. Her mauling and KO of that girl last time out on Dana White's show is less impressive when you realize how many clean shots it took her to get that KO. She had to pummel that girl senseless before finally putting her away. We've seen Souza on the flip side just touch girls multiple times and put serious hurting on them, with that big right hand of hers and kicks, resulting in some impressive first round stoppages.

I think Souza ITD at +155 has great value. Frota ITD at +370 as an arb seems like the way to go...

Frota had KOd that girl before too. It was an easy fight.

I wasn't going to play but after she came in 7 pounds heavy FDGTD seems playable

You watch any tape on Frota? She doesn't do much for me. Her mauling and KO of that girl last time out on Dana White's show is less impressive when you realize how many clean shots it took her to get that KO. She had to pummel that girl senseless before finally putting her away. We've seen Souza on the flip side just touch girls multiple times and put serious hurting on them, with that big right hand of hers and kicks, resulting in some impressive first round stoppages.

I think Souza ITD at +155 has great value. Frota ITD at +370 as an arb seems like the way to go...

I think both of their stand-up is pretty meh TBH. I watched Frota and was excited to get to fade her, but Souza's standup is extremely lacking as well. Her best weapon is her left body kick, but that will be negated here as Frota is a SP. She only has that overhand right you mentioned, but she loads up on it and I doubt shes hurting 135 Frota. Souza's td entries are solid and she has a decent variety of ways to get this to the mat, but Frota's guard is very active. Souza's cardio isn't the best either, she faded vs Hill and Morandin. She doesn't totally gas but she accepts being backed up to the cage and her defense begins to fade. I put 1u Frota +183 hoping to switch sides, but I may end up leaving it after her non-weight cut. Something to think about...Frota's punches looked much slower on DWTNCS then previous fights, but that was also the only time she made the SW limit. She may look improved without the weight cut and being relatively new to mma in general.

I think both of their stand-up is pretty meh TBH. I watched Frota and was excited to get to fade her, but Souza's standup is extremely lacking as well. Her best weapon is her left body kick, but that will be negated here as Frota is a SP. She only has that overhand right you mentioned, but she loads up on it and I doubt shes hurting 135 Frota. Souza's td entries are solid and she has a decent variety of ways to get this to the mat, but Frota's guard is very active. Souza's cardio isn't the best either, she faded vs Hill and Morandin. She doesn't totally gas but she accepts being backed up to the cage and her defense begins to fade. I put 1u Frota +183 hoping to switch sides, but I may end up leaving it after her non-weight cut. Something to think about...Frota's punches looked much slower on DWTNCS then previous fights, but that was also the only time she made the SW limit. She may look improved without the weight cut and being relatively new to mma in general.

I think Souza can definitely hurt Frota by cracking her clean on the chin early. We've seen Frota show poor defense, poor head movement and in general defense to punches and kicks more than once. Lots of forward pressure from her, I think she gets clipped because of that and then taken down and subbed. I just think Souza is a much more skilled operator, I guess.

Hi Fellow gambler,

I been out of loop for this card. I see there is 13 fights in best fight odd and Pinnacle but it seems official ufc say it only have 8 fights. If there is actually 13 fights, how do you watch that 5 missing fight??

Back