UFN 142 Dos Santos vs Tuivasa

Someone sell me on Matthews, tell me something I don't know
Dude implied that he was taking some sort of PEDs on Twitter when I asked him about his fourth Puberty. Honestly I'm not sure what to think. Dude's classically had frontrunner issues, and is forever massively juiced. It really comes down to how much you rate the Li win.

Dude implied that he was taking some sort of PEDs on Twitter when I asked him about his fourth Puberty. Honestly I'm not sure what to think. Dude's classically had frontrunner issues, and is forever massively juiced. It really comes down to how much you rate the Li win.
LOL he very well could be on PED's, he's looked like a different fighter in his last two performances. I rate the Li win higher than I rate Martin's recent wins over aging vets.

Matthews said in an interview he expects this fight to play out mostly on the feet but I do expect Matthews to attempt TD's, he takes down the majority of his opponents. Both Martin and Matthews are primarily counter strikers but I think Martin will be the one moving forward, Matthews backs up a lot in his fights. Neither guy throws a lot of volume.

IMO Matthews biggest edge is his athleticism and physicality

Matthews biggest edge is his athleticism and physicality
Yeah, this is my only concern for Martin. OAM was obviously stronger than Martin and went to a split with him. Personally didn't think he deserved it but whatever. But Aubin-Mercier is better technician on the ground than Matthews.

Yeah, this is my only concern for Martin. OAM was obviously stronger than Martin and went to a split with him. Personally didn't think he deserved it but whatever. But Aubin-Mercier is better technician on the ground than Matthews.
Yeah I had OAM in that fight, he was just a little bit better everywhere in that fight. Martin struggled with the strength and top control of OAM.

If Matthews gets a couple take downs he could burn the clock with top control, I don't think Martin is great at scrambling back to his feet. Both Martin and Matthews are BJJ blackbelts

Are you on Martin?

after watching both tapes of tuivasa and dos santos, I think tuivasa will win.

tuivasa
1) this guy can withstand massive shots
2) he is fairly skilled striker
3) UFC favors him a lot. the fight with Andrei should have been a draw or a loss but oddly tuivasa won.

dos santos
1) good footwork
2) precision striker
3) crazy experience

This is gonna be a striker vs striker match. Dos santos rarely take things to the ground. If he is going toe to toe with tuivasa, I have feeling dos santos will get pummeled. What are your thoughts?
btw, even tho this was my initial prediction. I have decided to go with dos santos.

Are you on Martin?
Have 5u on him, I am very confident he'll win. Feel the scenario I described above is the worst that this fight can look for Martin and he still can win even in that type of mess. I am not high on Matthews at all. He's been the favourite in almost all of his UFC fights, he was favourite even v K.Lee and I remember that fight - I was not into predictions and breaking down fights in that period, I didn't know better and thought this is great win for Lee, big surprise! A lot of people I remember were surprised. Just because that kid Matthews is hyped so much. In reality he doesn't offer much besides athleticism. I think Anthony is making big leaps in his striking and with his gameplanning too, which is not a small thing either. Matthews' leaps are more physical. He is so much more muscular than before that this gives him confidence. His striking is not developed much for all the years he's competing, but because now he have confidence, he is using it more and more. But his fears of getting hit or whatever it is, are still there and his father has to scream at him to keep him striking when he has clear advantage there, his comfort zone is grappling and wants to just hug you or go to the ground when the first opportunity shows itself. That's why he lost to bumass Holbrook.
btw, even tho this was my initial prediction. I have decided to go with dos santos.
Stick with your initial prediction, if you were very confident in it to begin with. Often it's more accurate. Let me give you me as an example: If my initial prediction was somewhant unsure like a 60-70 confidence, it maybe was that way with a legit reason. So with little more thinking, watching tape, taking tips from you guys here, I change it. If initial prediction was 90-100% confident, when I change it often it turns out I should stay with the first pick. This is with me, I don't know with others how it is. :)

Betfair Exchange have Pedro KO/TKO @2.02 (+102), just put 5u on this line and waiting to see if it is not getting even better.

Have 5u on him, I am very confident he'll win. Feel the scenario I described above is the worst that this fight can look for Martin and he still can win even in that type of mess. I am not high on Matthews at all. He's been the favourite in almost all of his UFC fights, he was favourite even v K.Lee and I remember that fight - I was not into predictions and breaking down fights in that period, I didn't know better and thought this is great win for Lee, big surprise! A lot of people I remember were surprised. Just because that kid Matthews is hyped so much. In reality he doesn't offer much besides athleticism. I think Anthony is making big leaps in his striking and with his gameplanning too, which is not a small thing either. Matthews' leaps are more physical. He is so much more muscular than before that this gives him confidence. His striking is not developed much for all the years he's competing, but because now he have confidence, he is using it more and more. But his fears of getting hit or whatever it is, are still there and his father has to scream at him to keep him striking when he has clear advantage there, his comfort zone is grappling and wants to just hug you or go to the ground when the first opportunity shows itself. That's why he lost to bumass Holbrook.

Stick with your initial prediction, if you were very confident in it to begin with. Often it's more accurate. Let me give you me as an example: If my initial prediction was somewhant unsure like a 60-70 confidence, it maybe was that way with a legit reason. So with little more thinking, watching tape, taking tips from you guys here, I change it. If initial prediction was 90-100% confident, when I change it often it turns out I should stay with the first pick. This is with me, I don't know with others how it is. :)
Yeah Matthews just seems to be on another level since going to WW. As you say his confidence must be high right now, he looks better than ever in recent performances. I do think Matthews has had mental troubles in the past, he is a bit of a front runner and has shown inconsistency in performances. Losing to Holbrook proves this, he had a terrible performance, maybe it was the weight cut, maybe it was his hip injury, maybe it was something else but he didn't show up in that fight.

I don't think Matthew's father gives good advice in his corner. Sounds more like a father than a coach, constantly showing concern, "Are you ok Jake?" IDK how many time he's asked this. Although in Matthew's recent fights he has been better.

Martin looks much better at 170 too and I think going to ATT has really improved his game. I agree his game planning for his last two fights was very good.

I just think Matthew's is probably going to win a decision here. The striking will be interesting because both guys like to counter. But I think Matthew's wrestling could be the difference.

Betfair Exchange have Pedro KO/TKO @2.02 (+102), just put 5u on this line and waiting to see if it is not getting even better.
I've got fight to end by KO @ +100 which I kinda prefer to Pedro KO @ +140. Don't see Pedro tapping Shogun, but I don't 100% trust Pedro not to be an idiot.

Pedro may decide to finish him with submission. You never know, he has much more sub wins than KO. Use caution. 5u is a lot.

The striking will be interesting because both guys like to counter.
Yes, but the much better counter-fighter is Martin. Jake wings wild hooks on defence. It could be effective if he catches you, but it's not accurate.

I actually think Tony has good TDD if he wants to, just he is so comfortable on the ground that he forgets that he may have bigger edges in other areas over opponents and choose to not stand up. Matthew's wrestling is not lockdown Khabib style where you cannot do anything but manage the damage you receive and survive untill the end of the round. You can sweep him and he can be submitted. He is very vulnerable from bottom position.

Pedro may decide to finish him with submission. You never know, he has much more sub wins than KO. Use caution. 5u is a lot.
Shogun last SUB loss is from 2013. I think he has the better ground game and i see Pedro sub very unlikely. Actually i think Shogun SUB is a good hedge.

Shogun last SUB loss is from 2013. I think he has the better ground game and i see Pedro sub very unlikely. Actually i think Shogun SUB is a good hedge.
That would be the case if we are talking in a vacuum.
Shogun is beyond shot at this point. Pedro can stun him standig up and proceed to go for the submission. You can't be so sure to rule it out enterely. He did the same with OSP. So we have real life proof he likes chokes.

Maxbet even after knowing Matthews is on the sauce and the drastic jumps he made In his standup before the leech fight?

He looked like he had been training in a gravity Chamber with goku

I’m in heavy on Jake Matthews. 15u minimum. Will probably up to 25u since I raked in a good amount last night (again, thanks @Dianabol. The 21 year old old golden boy rounded out my parlay)

He has a massive strength advantage (either he has elite .1% genetics or he is mainlining PEDs) and will be landing takedowns at will. This, coupled with serviceable jits (he’s a black belt but not sure the lineage) to keep Martin’s subs at bay off his back = a bad matchup for Martin.

ill800, he have always been fast and strong (and big). He was bigger in the cage than fucking Kevin Lee, and we know Lee's struggles with the scale. Just now he went up a weightclass and maybe juiced a little and when compared to 155 Jake the difference is shocking.

I'm not scared of Jake. I would not say the jumps are drastic in his standup. More a combination of that he stayed a little more on his feet with Li and Li was so easy to hit. Coming into him in straight lines and with little care to defend himself, the usual stuff from the Leech.

His fight with Vick is maybe not the best, but good comparison to this here with Martin. Both are tall, lanky dudes that have very good BJJ. Difference is that Vick had the tall man defence syndrom. Jake had success with leaping left hooks, because he is very very fast. But typical to Jake, he stunned Vick and proceed to try to take him down (?). So Vick had time to gather himself. When they are again standing Vick tries to time the leaping attacks of Jake and answer them, he just backs on angles this time and Jake misses him. He figured him out in 2 minutes and was far better at defending the leaping techniques of Jake and punishing him for them. And Jake didn't touch him one time with hard shot after that. Of course Jake tries another TD but Vick catches him in a deep guillotine and guess what - he was an underdog.

I’m in heavy on Jake Matthews. 15u minimum. Will probably up to 25u since I raked in a good amount last night (again, thanks @Dianabol. The 21 year old old golden boy rounded out my parlay)

This isn't even real. 15u? 25u? On Matthews. I hope you're on a $1 unit size.

Loads of money coming in on Willis, Hunt went up to 2.30 now.
I have money on Hunt for 1.90 and even less, goddamn!!

Loads of money coming in on Willis, Hunt went up to 2.30 now.
I have money on Hunt for 1.90 and even less, goddamn!!

Damn where at? I'm only seeing him at +125 which is slightly up. If that shit goes up to +200 thats a no-brainer bet on Hunt. Though, I am a little mixed on him, his last fight in the UFC I feel like he truly isn't trying anymore. Guy seems like he goes into to get his paycheck and leave, not much passion in his fights any longer. The more research I do the more I'm in on Willis, but I bet Hunt and will stick with him.

Back