UFN 130 - Thompson vs Till - Liverpool

That’s really significant

My daughter got it a couple years ago, she was 6. Pretty much a day after she started antibiotics she felt fine. BUT she gave it to my wife. That is when I learned that strep is evidently a LOT bigger deal when you get it as an adult (according to my wife's Dr anyway). My wife started anti-B's right away but it was like 3-4 days before she was noticeably better.

My daughter got it a couple years ago, she was 6. Pretty much a day after she started antibiotics she felt fine. BUT she gave it to my wife. That is when I learned that strep is evidently a LOT bigger deal when you get it as an adult (according to my wife's Dr anyway). My wife started anti-B's right away but it was like 3-4 days before she was noticeably better.

I had it earlier this year, felt like I was swallowing razor blades, was tired AF too.

i guess brad scott vs neil magny would have been too logical for the ufc so they had to bring in this "please hit me as much as you can" craig white.

Who the fuck is Molly "Meatball" McCann and why is she -270? One of wins is against the biggest can in WMMA Anjela Pink.

Who the fuck is Molly "Meatball" McCann and why is she -270? One of wins is against the biggest can in WMMA Anjela Pink.
Check out her fights on Cage Warriors cards on Fight Pass if you have it. She's a Liverpool local with a lot of fan support who trains with Paddy Pimblett. She is pretty aggressive and has decent boxing. I think she'll be a fun action fighter and win this one at least.

Went in on Mazany +135.
Mazany kinda sucks and Lina is more skilled, despite that fast stoppage loss against Aspen Ladd. For comparison, do you think Gina Mazany would make it out of the first round with Cyborg?

Mazany kinda sucks and Lina is more skilled, despite that fast stoppage loss against Aspen Ladd. For comparison, do you think Gina Mazany would make it out of the first round with Cyborg?
I disagree. Lina has a decent clinch game and nothing more, that's was saved her against Cyborg. She's also terrible off her back, look how clueless she was when Ladd took her down. Wanting to engage in the clinch and at the same time having a terrible ground game is just a bad combination and I think she's gonna lose against any decent wrestler.

Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson vs Darren Till fight analysis.

I just went over hours of tape on both fighters, it's 3 am in the morning in Canada.

Both fighters are strikers. One is a karate striker (Thompson) and the other is a Brazilian Muay Thai fighter (Till). Both are 6 foot tall and both have a 75' inch reach. Both are southpaw fighters but Stephen Thompson has a tendency to switch stances in fight. I'll first start off by saying Darren Till is huge for the welterweight division, he should be fighting at middleweight and probably is over 200 pounds come fight time. I don't think he is even 6 foot tall, he is more likely 6'2', just huge for the division.

After watching tape, this is a really dangerous fight for Stephen Thompson, all the advantages he had in previous fights like his length and him being a southpaw are negated in this fight. He does have a speed advantage and a wider varied diverse arsenal of strikes.

Darren Till is a southpaw striker, really loose and confident in his striking, leaves his hands low and chin straight as a result which is probably his worse vice. His main weapons are his straight left and left step in elbow when in close range and left kick. He doesn't throw a huge amount of volume but a lot of kill shots that are very accurate. Good footwork and understanding of distance and range. Really good at moving forward and cutting his opponents off and as a result, a lot of times his opponents have their backs against the cage.

Stephen Thompson is a southpaw karate striker that also switches to orthodox. Thompson uses a karate stance so you will see him use front side kicks a lot to control distance and as a weapon. His hands have developed quite a bit over the years, he uses his hands a lot to counter guys coming in and chasing him because he is so elusive. He cuts a lot of angles and is always moving, so really difficult to time and to hit straight on.

Since both are southpaws and I see most of this fight taking place in southpaw stances with Thompson sometimes going orthodox to give Till different looks, I see Till landing a lot of leg kicks to Thompson's lead leg to slow him down. Masvidal was landing a lot of leg kicks on Thompson when switching to southpaw and Thompson has a tendency to keep his hands low which is super dangerous against a fighter like Till who has a very accurate straight left and the length to land on him and coming from the southpaw stance. Every fight, that Thompson had his back against the corner, he was hit cleanly. I think Till is going to be able to cut him off and pressure him against the cage and land his left hand and stop him within the 5 rounds in Liverpool, England. The biggest concern I have as a Till bettor is how Till deals with Thompson's speed.

1u Till ML @ +148. As I mentioned before, a lot of advantages Thompson had in previous fights like length and being a southpaw are not going to be there against Darren Till.

If you feel that Thompson will win the fight, you are better off betting Thompson's decision than ML since he will probably hold a striking edge in terms of volume if it goes to a decision.

Last edited:
1) Proven vets are doing spectacularly against up-and-comers.
Cub vs Choi
Edgar vs Rodriguez
Knight vs Lamas
Ferguson vs Lee
Comier vs Oezdemir

Age is an overrated factor in the modern UFC.

2) Wonderboy was way more worried about Tyron's wrestling than his "quick first step". Woodley quickly proved that once he was on top of Thompson he would remain on top until the bell separated them. Wonderboy's no idiot, and realized that he couldn't use kicks against somebody with the skills to take him down and keep him there. What I'm hearing by your distance-analysis is that Wonderboy has been fighting people like Till his whole life and we'll see something similar to the Masvidal fight.

Valid points. But I never argued point #1. Age is a slightly different metric than vet versus up and comers. In the middleweight division it's less of an issue but in the lighter weights age is not an overrated factor in the modern UFC. This is just undeniable based on the statistics. If age wasn't a factor, the younger guy wouldn't be winning 65/35. There are many other fights like OAM vs. Dunham where the younger guy beats the aging vet. Plus the obvious fact that age plays a role in every single physically demanding sport.

I really like Manny Bermudez against Davey Grant.
He should get a submission here.

I disagree. Lina has a decent clinch game and nothing more, that's was saved her against Cyborg. She's also terrible off her back, look how clueless she was when Ladd took her down. Wanting to engage in the clinch and at the same time having a terrible ground game is just a bad combination and I think she's gonna lose against any decent wrestler.

I think Länsberg will out point Mazany on the feet and score points in the clinch, cant see Mazany get the takedown and keep it there, 1,6 is good enuf to put Länsberg in a parly

After watching tape I had to put 5u on Davey Grant, Bermudes gona get smashed

According to Ylilyönti podcast Makwan took off rest of the 2017 from MMA training and only did some boxing and cardio. He's been training 4 months now at SBG. He was originally supposed to only do 8 weeks for the London card, so this is unusually long camp for him and that could be very good for his cardio at least.

It just depends. I actually had a tonsillectomy this year because I had strep so many times in the past year. If I caught the strep early enough, I felt significantly better after 24 hours on antibiotics. My throat wouldn't clear for 3 days though. If I didn't get to the doctor within the first day or so, it would take 2-3 days. By the way - a tonsillectomy is brutal as an adult. I do not recommend unless you really need it.

Strep is the worst. It causes fatigue (at least it did to me) because of the infection, malaise and nausea. I was getting it like every other month when I was 9 and shortly after I turned 10 I got a tonsilectomy. Changed my life. Feel bad for Knight having to deal with that during fight week. Not taking anything away from Moggly though I think he's finally putting it all together.

Back