UFN 130 - Thompson vs Till - Liverpool

1) Proven vets are doing spectacularly against up-and-comers.
Cub vs Choi
Edgar vs Rodriguez
Knight vs Lamas
Ferguson vs Lee
Comier vs Oezdemir

Age is an overrated factor in the modern UFC.

2) Wonderboy was way more worried about Tyron's wrestling than his "quick first step". Woodley quickly proved that once he was on top of Thompson he would remain on top until the bell separated them. Wonderboy's no idiot, and realized that he couldn't use kicks against somebody with the skills to take him down and keep him there. What I'm hearing by your distance-analysis is that Wonderboy has been fighting people like Till his whole life and we'll see something similar to the Masvidal fight.
notable exceptions to my vets vs noobs point are Cody Garbrandt, Ortega, and Holloway but I stand by my point that you're overrating the importance of age.

notable exceptions to my vets vs noobs point are Cody Garbrandt, Ortega, and Holloway but I stand by my point that you're overrating the importance of age.

Machida/Anders too- and Machida was a huge dog in that one.

How shot is rashad evans

Better wrestling, maybe cardio

+240 seems like a no brainer

about as shot as vitor lol, maybe more so. i like smith here pre tape, hoping for a decent KO line.

I missed the +180 opener for the line I was most waiting on for UFN 130 in Liverpool, but I hit Daniel Kelly at +155 vs Tom Breese.

if knight's gameplanning for a wrestle-based opponent is anything like his boy davis, i think makwan could be an excellent dog.

I am not about betting big on big favorites, but sometimes you just have to. I absolutely hammered Magny over White at -380 and -400. Current odds are at -515 and I can tell you now that there is still value even on that line. I know many of you are understandably hesitant on betting anything over -500. But if you watch tape on White, you will understand what I am saying here. I watched White when betting on Cage warriors super saturday earlier this year and he should not be on the UFC roster and he stylistically will be mauled as well vs Magny. This should be over -2000.

Burnell +250 seems very high

love underdogs hwo you know will fight for your money

Burnell +250 seems very high

love underdogs hwo you know will fight for your money

I got a few units on Burnell, Makwan was close to sub Arnold and I think Burnell can get the sub here or he coud grind out a dec.
If not im rdy to hedge with live bet

I got a few units on Burnell, Makwan was close to sub Arnold and I think Burnell can get the sub here or he coud grind out a dec.
If not im rdy to hedge with live bet

ya i just watched that fight and i was not impressed with Allen at all.. Makwan got takedowns pretty easy and Allens striking technique is laughable bad :D he just pushes the jab and leads with naked kicks ect still need to watch more tape but so far Burnell looks very tempting

Early in on tape here.

Allen is 24 years old and has a lot of heart. Good gas tank. He outworked makwan. He can wrestle and scramble.

-280 is high but I don’t think burnell is going to outpoint him. I’d look for burnell sub if I was going to play him

So far i like what I see from Allen. He’s got potential. He’s young so he could’ve made some serious strides with his standup

Early in on tape here.

Allen is 24 years old and has a lot of heart. Good gas tank. He outworked makwan. He can wrestle and scramble.

-280 is high but I don’t think burnell is going to outpoint him. I’d look for burnell sub if I was going to play him

So far i like what I see from Allen. He’s got potential. He’s young so he could’ve made some serious strides with his standup

you could say the same things about Burnell imo he is the same age :) first time Burnell will fight someone his own size in the ufc i think he might look much better here compared to his previous fights

kinda off-topic but just posting this here again if someone missed it the first time i posted in his debut fight

Burnell is nr2 on the list of fighters reciving fastest BJJ black belts ever

https://www.bjjee.com/articles/top-10-fastest-black-belt-promotions-in-brazilian-jiu-jitsu-history/

Last edited:
you could say the same things about Burnell imo he is the same age :) first time Burnell will fight someone his own size in the ufc i think he might look much better here compared to his previous fights

kinda off-topic but just posting this here again if someone missed it the first time i posted in his debut fight

Burnell is nr2 on the list of fighters reciving fastest BJJ black belts ever

https://www.bjjee.com/articles/top-10-fastest-black-belt-promotions-in-brazilian-jiu-jitsu-history/

Impressive, but have to take lists like that with a grain of salt. Different teachers have such different ideas on belt promotion, there's literally nothing universal about it. Still pretty cool though.

any idea why claudio silva was off for so long?

Jason Knight looked so bad in his last fight it might already be time to fade him. that and him fighting an underrated hungry Makwan, I love Amirkhani at plus odds. saw a tweet than said he opened at +160 I imagined he would be the favorite but still got him at +130 for a half unit.

edit: just remembered Knight's last fight he bit Beneitz's finger to defend a guillotine... I seriously question the mind frame of any fighter who does that. He also came out rocking double ankle and knee guards, ended up taking the knee guards off after round 1 IIRC. Pretty sure that Lamas beat down really impacted "Hick Diaz"

Last edited:
Jason Knight looked so bad in his last fight it might already be time to fade him. that and him fighting an underrated hungry Makwan, I love Amirkhani at plus odds. saw a tweet than said he opened at +160 I imagined he would be the favorite but still got him at +130 for a half unit.

edit: just remembered Knight's last fight he bit Beneitz's finger to defend a guillotine... I seriously question the mind frame of any fighter who does that. He also came out rocking double ankle and knee guards, ended up taking the knee guards off after round 1 IIRC. Pretty sure that Lamas beat down really impacted "Hick Diaz"

I'm kind of with you here, Knight was so fucking retarded last time out that I'd be hesitant betting him at any - odds.

was jason knight injured against benitez or did i imagine that? can't find any info online.

was jason knight injured against benitez or did i imagine that? can't find any info online.
He definitely fought like he had brain damage

Back