UFCs SW ranking is still a mess, post your own estimation

LMFAO@ Paige Vanzant ? What has she done now, since she lost 1 fight are people dragging her through the mud to ? I don't see anybody ranked below Paige that could beat her so why are you laughing your ass off at Paige ?

Every other fighter in this picture could beat the crap out of Paige, and when one got the chance, she did.

rKH60N1.jpg

And yes, Waterson would run through Paige like a freight train.

Edit: the only difference is that Waterson would submit Paige quickly, rather than purposely make her suffer for 5 rounds like the rage-filled Rose did.

Last edited:
But those 3 wins came against fighters who arent even near top10, yet she is ranked 8th. .
This can be said about every fighter in the division except JJ and a couple of others. Every other fighter has no top 10 wins.

Calderwood; 2-1 no top 10 wins
Moroz; 1-1 best win is Calderwood
Waterson; 1-0; should she be ranked? Coming from 105 division with only one fight at 115.
Markos; 1-2; no top 10 wins
Kowalkiewicz; 1-0 no top 10 wins but she is undefeated against fighters you can't pick out of a lineup
Aguilar 0-1; maybe she could be higher with a win over Esparza albeit 4 and half years ago
Lima 2-1 no top 10 wins

LMFAO@ Paige Vanzant ? What has she done now, since she lost 1 fight are people dragging her through the mud to ? I don't see anybody ranked below Paige that could beat her so why are you laughing your ass off at Paige ?
Because he doesn't like her. I'm not doing backflips for her either but I can't say she is unfairly ranked when fighters #6 thru #14 can be arranged in no particular order.

In the year and a half since the first UFC SW fight how many, besidess JJ, PVZ, Andrade; how many have more than 3 fights?

The only fighter on the list that she has fought is #15 Herrig. So please explain how that warrants a #7 ranking (previously #6!). Hard to justify anything above #10 when you haven't beaten a top 10 fighter.
Calderwood, Waterson, etc have beaten no top 15 fighters. This can be said about them as well as VanZant.

Calderwood, Waterson, etc have beaten no top 15 fighters. This can be said about them as well as VanZant.

It's such a new division that you cannot just dismiss their fights outside the UFC. Aguilar, Penne and Waterson each have 10 or more years of experience outside the Octagon, for instance.

Are we going to forget about Aguilar beating Carla, or Waterson subbing Penne, just because it was outside the octagon? No way! JoJo had quite a good career before the UFC also.

Putting any of these fighters in the same class as PVZ based solely on UFC fights is not right.

lets just be honest this division is all about jj anyway

PVZ 's two losses came against the number 3 and 4 ranked opponents. Other then that she's looked.

She probably is ranked too high, but I do see her being top 15.

It's such a new division that you cannot just dismiss their fights outside the UFC. Aguilar, Penne and Waterson each have 10 or more years of experience outside the Octagon, for instance.

Are we going to forget about Aguilar beating Carla, or Waterson subbing Penne, just because it was outside the octagon? No way! JoJo had quite a good career before the UFC also.

Putting any of these fighters in the same class as PVZ based solely on UFC fights is not right.
You mean dismiss their fights, i.e., what you are doing to VanZant... double standards gotta love 'em.

You mean dismiss their fights, i.e., what you are doing to VanZant... double standards gotta love 'em.
Please list the good fighters Paige beat outside the octagon? She's not that good and in my opinion, never will be. Her good wins involved bullying two women with limited cardio, and in Chambers case, limited size. She should take Herrigs place at 15.... and even Herrig would have beat her if she still had any gas left.

Last edited:
Kalindra Faria & Katja Kankaanpaa are better wins than Alex Chambers, or Kailiin Curran by a pretty large margin.

are you seriously suggesting that Paige would beat KK and JAG?

#3 Rose is ok,but the girl who beat her and also actively beat other ranked SW's is 'too high' at #4 ?

I agree about Carla though,she is simply too inactive to be ranked top5

Out of interest do Journalists who are accredited to vote HAVE to vote for ALL divisions if they are submitting rankings? as I'm sure there's a few of them who may never have paid any attention to the division before it came to the UFC and have limited knowledge of it compared to other divisions. This might explain more visible stars getting higher rankings as they're the ones they know of and have seen.

#3 Rose is ok,but the girl who beat her and also actively beat other ranked SW's is 'too high' at #4 ?

Yeah, I think Torres is not top5. There are a few girls ranked behind her I think would likely beat her. Imo, Rose would also be a clear favourite against her in a rematch.

Yeah, I think Torres is not top5. There are a few girls ranked behind her I think would likely beat her. Imo, Rose would also be a clear favourite against her in a rematch.

Whoever you believe could beat her,is an OPINION. I'd say you should build the rankings based on facts,as in fights and their results.

But then again,its your rankings so who am I to judge

#1 Gadelha
#2 Joanna
#3-#4 Val / Aguilar (not sure about the order)
#5-#7 Probably KK, Tecia, Rose (not sure about the order)
#8 Randa (who might be ahead of Tecia and Rose, but I don't really know)
Rest: who knows, but Felice is not #15 and PVZ is not #7 (lol)

Edit: I completely forgot about Carla, who would fit in my KK, Tecia, Rose mix. But I think she's kind of overrated. I also think Randa could beat her.

Whoever you believe could beat her,is an OPINION. I'd say you should build the rankings based on facts,as in fights and their results.

But then again,its your rankings so who am I to judge

Its not just my speculation, Torres is currently ranked 7th out of UFC fighters at fightmatrix. Aguilar and Karolina are ahead of her and rightfully so, imo. Especially with Aguilar it shouldnt even be debatable, because she was widely considered top3-4 in the world when she came in to the UFC, lost against Gadelha and now she is ranked 13th. It seems pretty clear that as long as you have multiple fights in the UFC you will get pushed regardless of the skill level of the opponents vs better fighters who just havent yet made their name in the UFC. Nothing new, ofc, but thats not how rankings should be made.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/womens-strawweight/

Strawweight(115lbs):
- A rematch between Rose & Tecia has been scheduled. UFC on Fox 19 is the stage.

Changes: None.

10(11). Randa Markos [5-3]

9(5). Jessica Penne [12-3]

8(6). Valerie Letourneau [8-4]

7(3). Rose Namajunas [4-2] - Tecia Torres @ UFC on Fox 19

6(4). Tecia Torres [7-0] - Rose Namajunas @ UFC on Fox 19

047_Rose_Namajunas_vs_Tecia_Torres.0.0.jpg

5(13). Jessica Aguilar [19-5] - (14)Juliana Lima @ UFC 198

4(12). Karolina Kowalkiewicz [8-0]

3(2). Carla Esparza [10-3]

2(1). Claudia Gadelha [13-1] - (C)Joanna Jedrzejczyk @ The Ultimate Finale 23

1(C). Joanna Jedrzejczyk [11-0] - Claudia Gadelha @ The Ultimate Finale 23

Latest rankings: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/h-i-s-top-10-ufc-rankings-2-8-2016.3170225/

Back