UFCs 20th Anniversary show available on the big screen

• Thread starter Deleted member 245586
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 245586

Georges St-Pierre Headling UFC 167 Bout Brings Promotion Back to the Big Screen

The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) returns to movie theaters nationwide on Saturday, Nov. 16 at 7:00 p.m. PT as NCM Fathom Events and UFC bring UFC 167: ST-PIERRE vs. HENDRICKS to the big screen. Fight fans will get a front-row view of all the pulse-pounding action when longest-reigning champion in the UFC, welterweight king Georges St-Pierre (also known as “GSP”), returns to the Octagon to face No. 1 contender Johny “Bigg Rigg” Hendricks. GSP will take on his most dangerous challenger to date in the sledge-hammer handed Hendricks. Broadcast live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, audiences will witness all the excitement as the undisputed champion in the UFC welterweight division is determined during the UFC’s 20th anniversary event.

Tickets for UFC 167: ST-PIERRE vs. HENDRICKS are available at participating theater box offices and online at www.FathomEvents.com. The event will be presented in more than 350 select movie theaters around the country through NCM’s exclusive Digital Broadcast Network. For a complete list of theater locations and prices, visit the NCM Fathom Events website (theaters and participants are subject to change).

Last edited by a moderator:
Chael "the American Gangster" Sonnen vs. "Suga" Rashad Evans confirmed for UFC's 20th Anniversary show
Chael Sonnen is staying at light heavyweight for the time being, and his next fight will be against another former champion. Sonnen confirmed on yesterday's UFC Fight Night studio broadcast that he'll take on Rashad Evans in the UFC 167 co-main event.
Source:
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/5...-sonnen-vs-rashad-evans-ufc-167-co-main-event

Rory "the Canadian Pshyco" Macdonald vs. "Ruthless" Robbie Lawler confirmed for UFC's 20th Anniversary show
Several days after UFC President Dana White confirmed that the promotion would book a fight between Rory MacDonald (15-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) and Robbie Lawler (21-9 MMA, 6-3 UFC), MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned the fight is targeted for UFC 167, which takes place Nov. 16 at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena. Following the initial report, UFC officials confirmed the booking.
Source:
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/08/robbie-lawler-vs-rory-macdonald-targeted-for-ufc-167

Josh Koscheck vs. Tyron Woodley Added to UFC 167 20th Anniversary Fight Card

Source:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/josh-koscheck-vs-tyron-woodley-230737584--mma.html

Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone vs. Evan Dunham confirmed for UFC's 20th Anniversary show
The Las Vegas Sun first reported the news on Friday and UFC officials confirmed the match-up.
Source/s:
http://www.mmaweekly.com/donald-cowboy-cerrone-vs-evan-dunham-added-to-ufc-167-fight-card

I like the big screen concept

but for an event with GSP and Rashad heading up the card, they'd better be charging 15 cents and providing pillows.

Thats a lotta videos
This^
I didn't even read half of it.

Still interesting to see them try it again, I wonder how it will sell.
Also Rory "The Canadian Psycho" McDonald should be official.

Thanks for the info, TS. I'll probably go to it.

I would love to watch this on a huge theatre screen and not on my 27" monitor.

I like the big screen concept

but for an event with GSP and Rashad heading up the card, they'd better be charging 15 cents and providing pillows.

Thanks for the laugh.

Thanks for the info, TS. I'll probably go to it.

$16 is a lot cheaper than buying a PPV for those who don't watch with a group of friends or go to a bar.

Must be nice to see on the big screen. I've never tried it.

At least it's another option for those who stream because PPV is too much money. Especially for kids that can't get into bars yet.

I'd go to one at 3am or so if it was done in the UK, even though I got the channel that shows all of the PPVs, it'd be pretty cool watching it on a big screen like that.

Las Vegas means big bucks for the UFC.

Also considering it being the week before Thanksgiving it may draw in a lot of people from all over the country.

I think he was talking about showing the fights in movie theaters. The link shows the fight will be available in over 350 theaters across the U.S. and he was hoping they could offer the same in Canada.

Ahh...gotcha.

Didn't bother to read that entire long post and just read his comment only.:icon_neut

Back