UFC Women's 135-pound Division is a bloody mess

How do you like the new churn rate?

• Total voters
Amanda fought at 145 as well
She and Rousey both finished Julia Budd in under a minute back in Strikeforce and she's the current #2 145lb woman

These girls are all making 135 just to avoid Cyborg
Or because there's no division, are you really that dumb? Cyborg has already said she'd duck Nunes.

[QUOTE="UkraineFreightTrain, post: 119399739, member: 496767]

These girls are all making 135 just to avoid Cyborg[/QUOTE]

Cool story bro.

I think it's great, it's a fun, dynamic situation where any of the top girls has a chance to get at the belt and everyone has to be on her toes.

Or because there's no division, are you really that dumb? Cyborg has already said she'd duck Nunes.
There's a difference between ducking someone and not facing them out of respect

And there IS a 145lb division, just not in the UFC. The girls in the UFC (Leslie Smith excluded) are making their fight weeks that much harder by cutting to make 135 when they could be slightly more comfortable fighting one another at a higher weight class. However, if they do that, they will have no excuse to avoid Cyborg.

...which is still missing its most marketable draw as it flails around in search of stability and identity.

So, a division doesn't have an "identity" if it doesn't have a dominant champ that crushes everyone? By that rationale, flyweight is the most stable and well-defined division in the UFC. To me, a good fight doesn't have to involve a belt. Even if there were no belts at all, I'd still watch just as much.

I like the way the belt is getting passed around the WBW division. I don't think it indicates a weak division. It's just a result of good competition that isn't predictable.

There's a difference between ducking someone and not facing them out of respect

And there IS a 145lb division, just not in the UFC. The girls in the UFC (Leslie Smith excluded) are making their fight weeks that much harder by cutting to make 135 when they could be slightly more comfortable fighting one another at a higher weight class. However, if they do that, they will have no excuse to avoid Cyborg.
Exactly, there's no division in the UFC so there's no reward. All Cyborg has to do is cut another 4lbs and then NOBODY will have en excuse including her, it's not the other womens fault that Cyborg ruined her body with dirty steroids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back