UFC will have trouble in the Asian markets.

the ufc can't go in "Mall of Asia Arena" in manilla because of the contract between one fc and the promoter of this stadium, but i don't think the ufc really care about the asian market. Dubai isn't really in asia, Macau isn't really in china, the ufc go on this places not for the local talent pool but for the hight price of the tickets.

Mark fisher has promising many things for the asian mma market few month ago but except two mediocre cards in Macau and in Singapore nothing. And this mark fisher doesn't now well the asian mma scene (and most generally the mma scene) he is a former recruiter for the nba and he said the ufc will be planning an event in thailand a country where the mma isn't regulate lol.

Of course the ufc put very good events in Japan, but exept Japan and South korea the best asian fighters are in other orgs like one fc, pxc, legend fc(R.I.P), Ruff

the ufc can't go in "Mall of Asia Arena" in manilla because of the contract between one fc and the promoter of this stadium, but i don't think the ufc really care about the asian market. Dubai isn't really in asia, Macau isn't really in china, the ufc go on this places not for the local talent pool but for the hight price of the tickets.

Mark fisher has promising many things for the asian mma market few month ago but except two mediocre cards in Macau and in Singapore nothing. And this mark fisher doesn't now well the asian mma scene (and most generally the mma scene) he is a former recruiter for the nba and he said the ufc will be planning an event in thailand a country where the mma isn't regulate lol.

Of course the ufc put very good events in Japan, but exept Japan and South korea the best asian fighters are in other orgs like one fc, pxc, legend fc(R.I.P), Ruff

If that thing about Mark Fisher not knowing MMA is not regulated in Thailand is true, then just wow. Even I new that and I'm not in charge of the UFC operation in Asia. However I they are doing well in Japan and South Korea as you said, although I'am surprised they haven't announced an event for South Korea yet. I guess they are waiting on Zombie.

If that thing about Mark Fisher not knowing MMA is not regulated in Thailand is true, then just wow

the full declaration is here http://mmajunkie.com/2014/01/ufc-planning-aggressive-2014-expansion-in-asia

I'am surprised they haven't announced an event for South Korea yet. I guess they are waiting on Zombie.

i am surprised too, he has a rumor about a tuf between Japan and south korea but i think it was cancelled.

Morever the two events in Macau was a fiasco the first was boring the crowd has booed during the most part of the event, the second was mediocre too for the ufc the winner of the tuf was booed also, and the attendance had been very low 6000 for the second events 8000 for the first in a city of more of 500 000 inhabitants with an extremely high income per head of population. If the ufc go on Macau it's probably because it was the sole gateway on the chinese market and because Macau has the highest standard of living in asia with Hong kong Singapore and Tokyo

the full declaration is here http://mmajunkie.com/2014/01/ufc-planning-aggressive-2014-expansion-in-asia

i am surprised too, he has a rumor about a tuf between Japan and south korea but i think it was cancelled.

Morever the two events in Macau was a fiasco the first was boring the crowd has booed during the most part of the event, the second was mediocre too for the ufc the winner of the tuf was booed also, and the attendance had been very low 6000 for the second events 8000 for the first in a city of more of 500 000 inhabitants with an extremely high income per head of population. If the ufc go on Macau it's probably because it was the sole gateway on the chinese market and because Macau has the highest standard of living in asia with Hong kong Singapore and Tokyo

Tuf between Japan and south korea would be a huge hit.

That's what I was thinking.

If they could buy SF then 1FC shouldn't be a problem.

It isn't in their best interest to stop a show like One's in a still developing MMA territory they want to later promote in like SE Asia.

I just wonder why they haven't signed guys like Dongi Yang or Riki Fukuda yet.

I think UFC isn't much interested in asian market after seeing the freefall of the japanese market.
They tried with a TUF China and I think they'll never try again, and they go to UAE one time every x years.

ONE FC can become very strong in SEA and now go to Taiwan.
Middle East is all Cage Warriors recently.
M-1 Global has scheduled an event in Beijing, China (Mainland), something that probably UFC will not have in years due to gambling rules and I think China wanna deal more with Finkelstein.

I think UFC will try to expand more in Europe

I think UFC isn't much interested in asian market after seeing the frefall of the japanese market.
They tried with a TUF China and I think they'll never try again, and they go to UAE one time every x years.

ONE FC can become very strong in SEA and now go to Taiwan.
Middle East is all Cage Warriors recently.
M-1 Global has scheduled an event in Beijing, China (Mainland), something that probably UFC will not have in years due to gambling rules and I think China wanna deal more with Finkelstein.

I think UFC will try to expand more in Europe

Its a shocker to see how far MMA as mainstream entertainment has just collapsed in Japan after the fall of 'Pride'.

Its kind of turned back into becoming an underground sport, like it was in the States 15 years ago.

Sad days, no K-1 and no Pride, crying shame.

Its a shocker to see how far MMA as mainstream entertainment has just collapsed in Japan after the fall of 'Pride'.

Its kind of turned back into becoming an underground sport, like it was in the States 15 years ago.

So true, so sad :(

I think even UFC soon will not be more interested into japanese market.
Even Dream failed, and lengendary promotions like Shooto, Pancrase, DEEP and RINGS are now no more than regional orgs.

Was Shoot Boxing (Standing Valetudo) ever been mainstream in Japan? That's a very nice discipline and they had the Girl S-Cup the past year.

Has it really got that bad, I know it isn't as popular since pride ,but aren't promotion like Deep doing a decent job?

So true, so sad :(

I think even UFC soon will not be more interested into japanese market.
Even Dream failed, and lengendary promotions like Shooto, Pancrase, DEEP and RINGS are now no more than regional orgs.

Was Shoot Boxing (Standing Valetudo) ever been mainstream in Japan? That's a very nice discipline and they had the Girl S-Cup the past year.

You answered my question.

You answered my question.

well let say that at least DEEP and Pancrase are promoting a lot of new talents.

Also DEEP takes care of Jewels (despite as I read somewhere the only girls promotion is in deep waters financially) and Pancrase has deals with ROAD and WSOF.

Can't understand the sense of RINGS Outsider frankly, RINGS was a great org for MMA Shootfighting and Puroresu, they produced Fedor Minotauro Hendo Arona Babalu ... and Volk Han of course :D
I think is time for the graveyard, has no sense out of the 90s/early 2ks

well let say that at least DEEP and Pancrase are promoting a lot of new talents.

Also DEEP takes care of Jewels (despite as I read somewhere the only girls promotion is in deep waters financially) and Pancrase has deals with ROAD and WSOF.

Can't understand the sense of RINGS Outsider frankly, RINGS was a great org for MMA Shootfighting and Puroresu, they produced Fedor Minotauro Hendo Arona Babalu ... and Volk Han of course :D
I think is time for the graveyard, has no sense out of the 90s/early 2ks

Well that's something. Does Deep have online ppv or free streams as I want to start watching.

Well that's something. Does Deep have online ppv or free streams as I want to start watching.

Deep Jewels has online PPV, they started with the last event that saw Takayo Hashi being crowned as the first BW champ.

Cool, is that the same for regular deep. Orange Belt.

DEEP has started doing iPPV's, but they only use a single camera and aren't the same quality as the broadcasts so they're not great. it's a step in the right direction though.

Back