UFC will have trouble in the Asian markets.

cheese32165

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Whilst I think they will have some success certainly, I can't see them dislodging one fc as the kings of Asia, mainly south east Asia.

One fc as you may already know are on a lot of mainstream media in this part of world and are continuing to grow.

Just look at these attendance figures and notice each time they return to a country they get a bigger crowd and are booking bigger venues. The latest example being in Indonesia where they are moving from a 8000 seat arena to a 20,000 seat arena.

BTW I'm not saying it's a better org with better fighters so lets just get that clear.

ONE Fighting Championship: Era of Champions 14 June 2014 Mata Elang International Stadium Jakarta, Indonesia

ONE Fighting Championship: Honor and Glory 30 May 2014 Singapore Indoor Stadium Kallang, Singapore

ONE Fighting Championship: Rise of Heroes 2 May 2014 SM Mall of Asia Arena Pasay City, Philippines 17,847

ONE Fighting Championship: War of Nations 14 March 2014[19] Stadium Negara Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 7,536

ONE Fighting Championship: Moment of Truth 6 December 2013 SM Mall of Asia Arena Pasay City, Philippines 16,398

ONE Fighting Championship: Warrior Spirit 15 November 2013 Putra Indoor Stadium Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 11,041

ONE Fighting Championship: Total Domination 18 October 2013 Singapore Indoor Stadium Kallang, Singapore 10,935

ONE Fighting Championship: Champions & Warriors 13 September 2013 Istora Senayan Jakarta, Indonesia 5,264

ONE Fighting Championship: Rise to Power 31 May 2013 SM Mall of Asia Arena Pasay City, Philippines 15,872

ONE Fighting Championship: Kings and Champions 5 April 2013 Singapore Indoor Stadium Kallang, Singapore 10,017

ONE Fighting Championship: Return of Warriors 2 February 2013 Putra Indoor Stadium Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 9,376

ONE Fighting Championship: Rise of Kings[20] 6 October 2012 Singapore Indoor Stadium Kallang, Singapore 9,232

ONE Fighting Championship: Pride of a Nation 31 August 2012 Smart Araneta Coliseum Quezon City, Philippines 12,523

ONE Fighting Championship: Destiny of Warriors 23 June 2012 Stadium Negara Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 6,153

ONE Fighting Championship: War of the Lions 31 March 2012 Singapore Indoor Stadium Kallang, Singapore 7,714

ONE Fighting Championship: Battle of Heroes 11 February 2012 The BritAma Arena North Jakarta, Indonesia 4,371

ONE Fighting Championship: Champion vs. Champion 3 September 2011 Singapore Indoor Stadium Kallang, Singapore 6,789

I think the UFC can do well, but these guys seem to pay well so it will be hard to attract some if not a fair portion of the talent.

[YT]/watch?v=3QDXRhiPuP8[/YT]​

Its great that there is another MMA org kicking ass.

UFC is already pretty big in places like South Korea and the Philippines and doing just fine.

Define trouble in their non-home market.

They're pretty much only holding shows there to rake in the cash from the Bay Sands group.

The UFC is huge in the Philippines.
[YT]XlKgWKKoAUI[/YT]

Define trouble in their non-home market.

They're pretty much only holding shows there to rake in the cash from the Bay Sands group.

I think when I said trouble I was mainly referring to them becoming the most well known and commercially successful like they are in Brazil , Canada, USA and soon to be Mexico, although not exactly much competition there.

I hope UFC fail in Asia.
Due to Asian expansion, a lot of non-deserved Asian fighters are in UFC.

ONE FC are nothing more than PR bullshit. They continue to talk real big (90% market share and like your OP) but in reality they never meat their goals...

at the end of 2012, they said they would have 12 events in 2013, and 24 events in 2014.......so far it's 7 in 2013, and 4 so far this year in 5 months......

so please don't talk like ONE FC is going to stop the UFC from being successful in the Asian markets.

PR bullshit.....nothing more.

That's great to hear. Still One fc did a 17,000 crowd which you have to admit is impressive.

post the gate $$$$$$$ then i will be impressed. easy to get 17,000 when you paper 75% of the event.

I doubt the UFC is looking at SE asia when they mean the Asian market

ONE FC are nothing more than PR bullshit. They continue to talk real big (90% market share and like your OP) but in reality they never meat their goals...

at the end of 2012, they said they would have 12 events in 2013, and 24 events in 2014.......so far it's 7 in 2013, and 4 so far this year in 5 months......

so please don't talk like ONE FC is going to stop the UFC from being successful in the Asian markets.

PR bullshit.....nothing more.

True they may have failed in the number of events ,but they are still growing and having more events.

True they may have failed in the number of events ,but they are still growing and having more events.

well actually 4 events in 6 months is not growing at all. other than gate numbers (big paper for sure) which they never release the $$$$, please provide some proof they are growing....not using Victor Cui as a source.

Why shouldn't they it has big potential ?

It does, but NE Asia has bigger potential. Any global business would be stupid to not try China. SKorea is way far ahead of any SE country in terms of MMA culture and infrastructure. The fact that the UFC is holding events in Singapore, Macao x2 and Japan all in the same year shows they are targetting the NE area first.

This isn't about who has the best fighters its about who is dominating the market.

show some proof they are dominating the market....

TV numbers
gate revenue
company revenue

anything please.

well actually 4 events in 6 months is not growing at all. other than gate numbers (big paper for sure) which they never release the $$$$, please provide some proof they are growing....not using Victor Cui as a source.

Well they are track to have more events this year and as I previously stated they aregetting bigger venues and are on mainstream networks like ESPN Star Sports, Mediacorp and Fox Sports. With regards to them not releasing the gate numbers I have to admitted is a but fishy but I still think its hard to say they are not growing.

show some proof they are dominating the market....

TV numbers
gate revenue
company revenue

anything please.

What other Asian promotion do you seriously think comes close to competing with them.

Back