Ufc will go down this year

Four years ago I made a thread about why I believe Ufc will go down year 2020 and it seems it is a deja vu now

Every day, every week, every month from now on Ufc will bleed money. They do not have that financial structure compare to NBA, NHL, NFL that had been in the business for over 50 years.

No matter what now, I do hope I can see some disruption in the combat sports business once and for all.

If Pfl are smart now they could start to sign top ufc fighters. I do want to see Khabib fighting in that grand prix but that will cost Alis relation with Ufc forever

I remember 13 years ago I was sad to see Dana White bought up Pride and shutted it down forever. Now this is a payback

I do want to see Rizin making a huge lightweight tournament with Tony Ferguson on it

I am not happy, but this might be the best moment in my life to see Ufc slowly go down and we will see new mma promotions year 2021

Thoughts?
time is come to stop this corona shit
giphy.gif

So if COVID 19 will be in USA for three more months you are saying Ufc age fine?

I am not saying anything, you are the one making bold claims.

Where are the figures I asked for?

I read somewhere about how WME was having to spend a lot towards the money they borrowed for the purchase. I don’t think this is going to kill the UFC, but who knows. Pride’s demise came out of nowhere.

It's called an LBO and many businesses deal with that - it is a speculative setup but it is not an exotic one. As I told that other kid, we need figures, otherwise this conversation is worthless.

UFC doesn't have huge outgoings, they have the permanent staff an office, a few PIs and the apex.

They'll still be making a little bit of money through Fight Pass too.

Plus they can stand down staff which they haven't chosen to do yet.

They might have to sell the UFC if they can't afford the interest payments, but someone would pick something as profitable as the UFC up.

Typically in an LBO the debts are "pushed" down to the target company which is this case would be the UFC, so selling the UFC would not make the debts go away in itself, unless the new buyer retires the debt using more equity but this is not the standard case.

No typically, if these loans cannot be repaid, the banks extend the terms/sell their debts to "special situations funds" like hedge funds / private equity funds but this is usually accompanied by a restructuring, including stafff lay off.

Relatively rarely is such an event resulting in a company liquidation.

As I said above it is usually a restructuring that may or may not be accompanied by a sale to another owner.

Four years ago I made a thread about why I believe Ufc will go down year 2020 and it seems it is a deja vu now

Every day, every week, every month from now on Ufc will bleed money. They do not have that financial structure compare to NBA, NHL, NFL that had been in the business for over 50 years.

No matter what now, I do hope I can see some disruption in the combat sports business once and for all.

If Pfl are smart now they could start to sign top ufc fighters. I do want to see Khabib fighting in that grand prix but that will cost Alis relation with Ufc forever

I remember 13 years ago I was sad to see Dana White bought up Pride and shutted it down forever. Now this is a payback

I do want to see Rizin making a huge lightweight tournament with Tony Ferguson on it

I am not happy, but this might be the best moment in my life to see Ufc slowly go down and we will see new mma promotions year 2021

Thoughts?
No they won't. They are run by WME. If they get in trouble now you will bail them out. Dana is in the big leagues now. We saw him talk tough and then when Disney "asked" him to stand down he listened like a good little boy. Disney is to Dana like Dana is to Ariel. The difference is Dana didn't cry like a little baby and realizes his few hundred million is play money when dealing with the mouse. The Fertittas and Dana took the money and Disney neutered Dana in the process.

as other have said UFC will not die
but all the UFC owners can lose big money in a possible sell ore restructuring

Get out of here with your guilt inducing rant. "You're not an MMA fan". "If the UFC dies MMA dies". Maybe you're not an MMA fan and just a UFC one.

It's Schumpeter's créative destruction, if UFC goes down something better or equivalent will come, like when Pride went out.

All these fighters are going to find their way to Bellator or a new org.

That being say I absolutely don't think it will happen, the UFC is there to stay, not dying at all.

So you'd rather all the fighters fighting for different orgs instead of them all being under the same one??
You make zero sense.
Sorry to break it to you, but looking back now, Pride sucked. Compared to how professionally run the UFC is now compared to Pride, it's a joke. Top heavy talent and then 90% garbage circus fights, some were even WORKED.
If you miss those then I feel bad for you, but you need to grow up

Thoughts?
It seems like Covid is affecting your brain. Best to leave financial analysis to people who know what they’re talking about. If any fight leagues go down it won’t be the UFC. It would be any or all other fight leagues.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that this is a shit thread. Just being real.

Combining the "4 years ago" thing with the current situation as if you somehow predicted shit is just garbage.

Also a billion dollar company going down because of 2-3 canceled events is also garbage prediction.

Also, the UFC's "financial construction" is something you know nothing about.

So yeah, shit thread.

maybe Microsoft will have financial issues also

Yes. A software company supplying every company and home office worker all over the world with OS, office, Skype, MS teams, is totally about to have serious issues. You got it bud.

I don't mean to come across too hard but I want to express how wrong you are. That was a ridiculous thing to say then & is still just as ridiculous even as they're going through this very challenging time. The UFC is a financial gorilla & isn't going anywhere. They're a worldwide brand & household name worldwide. Hell I've talked to casuals who don't have any idea what MMA is... but they know what the UFC is. It's practically becoming synonymous as being the sport itself. (maybe not in China with their "ONE" organization, but elsewhere in the world)

This might put tremendous pressure on the absolute Giant that now owns them... & even create margin calls on their big loans... but even under a worse case scenario of WME-IMG declaring bankrupsy because they're so highly dependent on the entertainment business as a whole... the UFC would survive that.

They'd sell it for whatever they could, & the brand would carry on. This is all behind the scenes stuff though... to the casual viewer the UFC would take a break & then when it came back online it would still be putting on MMA fights like it always has & most people wouldn't even know the difference.

What was the premise of your post 4 years ago as to why the UFC was dying?

Worst case scenario, which means nothing to us, Is wme has to sell. Ufc isn’t going anywhere

Back