UFC/WEC Featherweight Champions with least-to-most Top 10 ranked wins at Featherweight.

acannxr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
The Flyweight version is here.
The Bantamweight version is here.
The Lightweight version is here.
The Welterweight version is here.
The Middleweight version is here.
The Light Heavyweight version is here.
The Heavyweight version is here.
Champions with most wins in each division here.
The Multi-Division version is here.

Rankings are based on FightMatrix.

Cole Escovedo
20140928113029_1MG_5232.JPG

Escovedo has 0 top ten wins.

Ilia Topuria
Ilia-Topuria2.jpg

Topuria's resume:

#6 Josh Emmett
#1 Alexander Volkanovski

Topuria has 2 top ten wins.

Urijah Faber
0Sev3umPxJN1JSO8TzBKR8P-tNnIGz0vR7Ac1UPq-0Q.jpg

Faber's resume:

#4 Ivan Menjivar
#5 Jeff Curran
#5 Jens Pulver

Faber has 3 top ten wins.

Mike Brown
2b3b0ffd-e5ee-5fe8-8ef7-57c16c3d428b.image.jpg

Brown's resume:

#1 Urijah Faber
#5 Leonard Garcia
#2 Urijah Faber

Brown has 3 top ten wins.

Conor McGregor
635856114722983224-AP-UFC-194-MIXED-MARTIAL-ARTS-78254896.jpg

McGregor's resume:

#10 Dustin Poirier
#4 Chad Mendes
#1 Jose Aldo

McGregor has 3 top ten wins.

Alexander Volkanovski
582dcd9e-c42b-11ea-8c85-9f30eae6654e_image_hires_183754.JPG

Volkanovski's resume:

#6 Darren Elkins
#6 Chad Mendes
#2 Jose Aldo
#1 Max Holloway
#2 Max Holloway
#3 Brian Ortega
#9 Chan Sung Jung
#2 Max Holloway
#3 Yair Rodriguez

Volkanovski has 9 top ten wins.

Max Holloway
TELEMMGLPICT000130846716_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfyf2A9a6I9YchsjMeADBa08.jpeg

Holloway's resume:

#7 Cub Swanson
#7 Charles Oliveira
#9 Jeremy Stephens
#9 Ricardo Lamas
#2 Anthony Pettis
#2 Jose Aldo
#2 Jose Aldo
#2 Brian Ortega
#5 Frankie Edgar
#5 Calvin Kattar
#5 Arnold Allen
#9 Chan Sung Jung

Holloway has 12 top ten wins.

Jose Aldo
Jose-Aldo-UFC-761000.jpg

Aldo's resume:

#1 Mike Brown
#4 Urijah Faber
#3 Manvel Gamburyan
#9 Mark Hominick
#2 Kenny Florian
#4 Chad Mendes
#2 Frankie Edgar
#5 Ricardo Lamas
#3 Chad Mendes
#1 Frankie Edgar
#5 Jeremy Stephens
#9 Renato Moicano

Aldo has 12 top ten wins.

Last edited:
Except Holloway is 6 years younger than Aldo. You really think he won't surpass Aldo in top 10 wins?

Look at the amount of top 5's on Aldo's list. He has ten top 5 guys on his list, where as Max has 5. Max can catch up, but It won't be easy. I think Max's career at FW is winding down, to be honest.

Look at the amount of top 5's on Aldo's list. He has ten top 5 guys on his list, where as Max has 5. Max can catch up, but It won't be easy. I think Max's career at FW is winding down, to be honest.
Max should have a win over Volkanovski. Or at least an asterisk that he was right there.

Except Holloway is 6 years younger than Aldo. You really think he won't surpass Aldo in top 10 wins?
He could, but Im not sure. If he get's beat again, I won't be surprised if he moves up (again)

Yeah. Some people say that. I'm not one of them. He coasted the last half of that fight. I won't argue with you, though. That was a close fight.
I agree, I feel people don't agree because the way the fight went. Rounds 1 and 2 where very good rounds by Max, and Max looked outstanding. 3, 4 & 5 where all pretty even, so people felt Max won the fight. He would if you score the fight as a whole, but if you watch rounds 3, 4 and 5 now, you can't blame judges for giving all the rounds to Volk. You really can't, so it's a fair win by Alexander

Ranking fighters based on who has more "top-ranked wins" are stupid. because each division has a different level of depth and most guys in the ranking are over ranked.

Also, fight matrix is dogshit, they put Michael Bisping above Robert Whittaker in their all-time middleweight ranking

Yeah. Some people say that. I'm not one of them. He coasted the last half of that fight. I won't argue with you, though. That was a close fight.
Yeah I mean obviously he didn’t win, but very close fight. I just mean to put it into consideration. Not all losses are created equal.

Ranking fighters based on who has more "top-ranked wins" are stupid.
What a constructive post.

because each division has a different level of depth and most guys in the ranking are over ranked.
You better not rank fighters based on title defenses either then.

Also, fight matrix is dogshit, they put Michael Bisping above Robert Whittaker in their all-time middleweight ranking
FightMatrix' historical rankings aren't influenced by the all-time rankings, so citing the all-time rankings as evidence for my thread being flawed is silly.

Aldo’s clearly the FW GOAT and I don’t see anybody surpassing him for a long time.

Max already took way too much damage. Maybe he can catch Aldo in top 10 wins, but I doubt it.

Max already took way too much damage. Maybe he can catch Aldo in top 10 wins, but I doubt it.

Max has taken too much damage but Aldo hadn't?

You know Max has never been ko'd right? The only recent fight where he took a lot of damage was against Poirier. Volk did a bit of damage in their first fight, otherwise he's been blowing out fighters since his loss to McGregor 7 years ago.

Max has taken too much damage but Aldo hadn't?

You know Max has never been ko'd right? The only recent fight where he took a lot of damage was against Poirier. Volk did a bit of damage in their first fight, otherwise he's been blowing out fighters since his loss to McGregor 7 years ago.

Aldo already took a lot of damage, but his record is already there; the question was if Max would be able to continue beating Top10 opponents to equal Aldo's record.
Also, Max's main strength is the relentless pressure, but the can only do that taking massive amount of damage. It was fun to watch, but i just can´t see Max doing it for much longer.
Maybe Max will be able to do it, but to be honest to my eyes Max has peaked already, at least as a FW. I don´t see him equaling Aldo's record.

Aldo already took a lot of damage, but his record is already there; the question was if Max would be able to continue beating Top10 opponents to equal Aldo's record.
Also, Max's main strength is the relentless pressure, but the can only do that taking massive amount of damage. It was fun to watch, but i just can´t see Max doing it for much longer.
Maybe Max will be able to do it, but to be honest to my eyes Max has peaked already, at least as a FW. I don´t see him equaling Aldo's record.

this isn't about peaking though, its about the ability to continue to beat top 10 fighters. Max won his second fight against Volk in a lot of people's eyes mine included. He could literally re fight the rest of the 145 top 10 and beat them again without much effort other than Volk.

Aldo is on the back end of his career while Max is still the number 2 guy in his division.

Back