UFC wants exposure? pay nick 500k to fight brown on FOX

Why do people think Nick Diaz is a PPV draw?

Because the Interim title fight against Condit did a little over 400 K and UFC 158 was St. Pierre's highest PPV since UFC 94. Get the right opponent for Diaz in the perfect MMA climate settings and you have the jackpot at the end of the rainbow.

Why do people think Nick Diaz is a PPV draw?

I have no fucking idea.

His fans think he's like goddamn Floyd Mayweather when he's more like Mike Alvarado.

A solid entertaining fighter, not quite elite and not quite a draw, but a great #2 for the real stars.

Oh no. He was a big part of that puzzle piece as well as St. Pierre was. What I'm saying is if you get the right kind of opponent against Diaz, it garners much interest.

true. I am not sure if brown is that opponent though. Rory vs Diaz would have sold well. Rory being gsp's protege and having beaten nick's brother already.

lol joke fight. No.

2 fight skid, winless since 2011, suspension/retirment

vs

7 fight win streak, unbeaten since 2011, one of the hottest fighters atm.

lol.

That is one side of it, but a two fight loss streak against Condit and GSP is nothing to be ashamed of. Also, these fighters seem to match up together well. I do not have a lot of patience for Nick Diaz, but I would love to see this fight.

So.. by "the right opponent", you mean someone who actually is a ppv draw?

K.

No. If you put Brown vs. Diaz on FOX and promote it properly, holy shit, it would be the Top 3 FOX cards in terms of ratings since they've started doing the FOX shows. I know perfectly well that Diaz, as a headliner, will not be the biggest on many fights. He's a very unique individual that brings out interest when he feels he's the most conflicted, hence the St. Pierre fight. Go ask around media and journalists on how high the web traffic was prior to and during UFC 158.

When it makes sense in all the ways, people care about Diaz, especially when it's negative behavior from him.

5 rounds main event.. this fight has potential to be one off the best fights of all time

Nick and Nate Diaz are sitting on the sidelines watching their prime years pass them by. Let them be. Their entire life has been full of regret...why stop now?

I like it. I think Nick is worth the 500k, but its not going to happen. Nick is more stubborn than the UFC. He could easily cave and ask for more like 300k(dont know how much he actually has been making) beat the absolute dogpiss out of Brown, get his name back out there with a huge entertaining fight, and then ask for the 500k in an even bigger main event.

He wont though. and UFC is not going to beg him to do it for less than 500k, because the UFC needs him less than he needs them.

Brown need not waste his time humiliating that jabroni. Diaz will get tooled by anyone in the ww top 10. Better he stay gone.

Remember what happened last time a Diaz brother was in a fox main event?

networkbird.0_standard_709.0.png

I don't know what's the hype with Nick Diaz. Yea he is a tough fighter who keeps going but if he did what the fans want, he would be in the hospital. Fight A. Silva!? Some of you guys are worse than those in the Roman Colosseum chanting for blood. Diaz knows that he needs to get paid, his fighting style will lead to a short career.

ever think that some people don't care about a fighter with two loses back to back loses and a horrible attitude.

Back