UFC vs SOCCER(Football) - comparing salaries of the top athletes from every country

Zlatan Ibrahimovic - $20.6m
Alexander Gustafsson - $450k

Not true. European soccer players salaries are net, not gross. Example: Ibrahimovic salary is 13.8 M euros (20.5M), in France he pays taxes for 75%, that means his gross salary is 55.2 M Euros/ 80M (Does not include sponsorship money).

Only slow people interpret what Dana said to mean the UFC made more or paid more money than nfl or soccer.

If it was as popular as the NFL or soccer then the UFC would make similar money and the fighters may make a little more. All the big TV networks would be fighting for the UFC, all the big companies in the world would pay top dollar to put their brands on fighters and the octagon.

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world. Can't compare anything to it, especially the UFC.

I hate soccer btw, boriiiiiiiing.

haha bigger then the nfl keep dreaming.

I actually see it as being possible since the nfl is extremely big but limited to this country (fan base is nowhere near as big around the world) while UFC is global since they have fighters from everywhere and they hold events all over the world.

They have a shit ton of fans in Brazil and in Canada alone. Still got all of Europe, Asia, they're about to blow up in Mexico after the event with Cain and Werdum, as well as with the TUF season. And they're getting bigger in other countries and continents as well.

To me it's just not that crazy of a thought.

I actually see it as being possible since the nfl is extremely big but limited to this country (fan base is nowhere near as big around the world) while UFC is global since they have fighters from everywhere and they hold events all over the world.

They have a shit ton of fans in Brazil and in Canada alone. Still got all of Europe, Asia, they're about to blow up in Mexico after the event with Cain and Werdum, as well as with the TUF season. And they're getting bigger in other countries and continents as well.

To me it's just not that crazy of a thought.

MMA is pretty big in Canada relative to the rest of the world. The NFL alone is miles ahead of MMA as a whole in Canada (the CFL on its own is well ahead of MMA as a whole in Canada, as well). If MMA is ever going to bigger than American football worldwide, it won't be anytime soon.

Zlatan vs Jones in how much arrogant and cocky they can get.
Make it happen.

Funny thing here is that people are discussing Neymars salary as he was the top paid soccer player!

Ronaldo and Messi makes over 40m$

Would like to see this thread but compared to boxers instead, think that would be more relevant.

Hasn't Lionel messi just signed a new contract for around 30 million euros a year?

Do Americans realise that they're in the world cup? Support your country.

I thought you guys were the most patriotic out there.

Well you sure showed Dana White, TS. He wont try to promote in this town ever again. You're just too savy.

...he also said the UFC was worth around $2-3 billion. Which is roughly what the Dallas Cowboys are worth.

Back