UFC VP of AH&P said this

Good retest gsp's samples

so we dont have to hear all the bullshit about it anymore

by bullshit I mean people claiming gsp is shady for leaving when he did
and saying he was shady for being so vocal about being against steroids

Interesting... For some odd reason reading this made me think of the epic long pee that Austin Powers took after coming out of his cryogenic chamber

Hard to test when the samples don't exist.

If only they did out of competition testing back then. The samples you speak of don't exist.

Wait so...what? I'll admit, I'm drunk.

Don't the current (or then) tests, test for everything that is currently (or then) illegal? Are they now going back and testing things that now, but weren't then, illegal? Who gives a shit at that point?

Wait so...what? I'll admit, I'm drunk.

Don't the current (or then) tests, test for everything that is currently (or then) illegal? Are they now going back and testing things that now, but weren't then, illegal? Who gives a shit at that point?

The point is to save the samples incase a new PED comes along that they haven't developed a test for yet. Kinda like when HGH was illegal but there was not the for it

The point is to save the samples incase a new PED comes along that they haven't developed a test for yet. Kinda like when HGH was illegal but there was not the for it

Ok, so...who cares? What isn't prohibited...isn't prohibited.

I guess I just don't understand how they can make something illegal that there isn't even a test for. Without scientific evidence (and therefor a test), how can something be made illegal?

I guess I just don't understand how they can make something illegal that there isn't even a test for. Without scientific evidence (and therefor a test), how can something be made illegal?

Lance Armstrong was using EPO---a banned substance---in 1999, but there was no approved test for it. In 2005, six of his the 1999 samples were retested using the then-approved EPO test. All six came back positive.

There are new designer steroids that elite (rich) athletes are using right now and which are undetectable. These steroids are banned but untestable using current protocols. How do you propose we deter athletes from using them without the threat of future retroactive tests?

Are you trolling or what? They make things illegal based on whether or not its a performance enhancing drug. Just because they can't test blood or urine for drug doesn't mean it should be legal. Come on bro. It's not rocket surgery

Lance Armstrong was using EPO---a banned substance---in 1999, but there was no approved test for it. In 2005, six of his the 1999 samples were retested using the then-approved EPO test. All six came back positive.

There are new designer steroids that elite (rich) athletes are using right now and which are undetectable. These steroids are banned but untestable using current protocols. How do you propose we deter athletes from using them without the threat of future retroactive tests?

I wasn't aware that they banned things they can't even test for, it doesn't make sense to me logically. Without being able to scientifically equate is performance enhancing effects, how can they ban it? Anecdotal evidence? I'm only slightly playing devil's advocate. I guess I don't understand how they can ban something that scientifically they can't even test for. But apparently they do.

Are you trolling or what? They make things illegal based on whether or not its a performance enhancing drug. Just because they can't test blood or urine for drug doesn't mean it should be legal. Come on bro. It's not rocket surgery

No bro, I'm not trolling. It just doesn't make sense to me, but whatever. Why bother making something illegal they can't even enforce? But AC's don't always make sense, so..

Without being able to scientifically equate is performance enhancing effects, how can they ban it?

Who said they can't demonstrate performance enhancement? That's a completely different issue from being able to detect it in blood or urine.

Last edited:
Who said they can't demonstrate performing enhancement? That's a completely different issue from being able to detect it in blood or urine.

I'll admit, I just assume if they can scientifically test it's PE properties, then they can test for it somehow. Maybe my logic is flawed, but that's how my brain works. I can't think of another example of something where they can prove it's effects but not its existence.

I'll admit, I just assume if they can scientifically test it's PE properties, then they can test for it somehow. Maybe my logic is flawed, but that's how my brain works. I can't think of another example of something where they can prove it's effects but not its existence.

Dude. Seriously. Are you high? Probably on weed? Stays in the body for a while huh? Coke doesn't. After about a week you can test clean for coke. Some steroids are like weed. Some are like coke. Some show up on tests only within 24 hours of taking drugs. Some linger. Some that only show up for 24 hours may later be able to be tested for long after the fact, for example if they discover a metabolite of cocaine that lingers that they aren't aware of yet. It has always existed, they just didn't know what to look for. Then there's shit like bath salts or smoking wet, relatively new drugs on the scene. PEDs are the same way.

Back