UFC veteran Chris Leben pleads guilty in felony assault weapon case

lol...a 4lb .22 pistol with a barrel shroud is an "assault weapon"...

My buddy has this little suppressed .22. We use Super Calibri powderless rounds, that shit is so damn quiet we just shoot in the backyard. You just hear the bolt basically. Makes me want to pay for the tax stamp so I can get a suppressor.

Last edited:
Is an assault weapon a gun that has the primary function for to kill peoples?

Is an assault weapon a gun that has the primary function for to kill peoples?

There is no generally accepted definition of an assault weapon. It is a scare term meant to make the weapon called that sound like a military item, but full automatic weapons have been illegal in the US for nearly a century. Generally when you hear people using that term, you know they are pretty ignorant about guns.

From the article it is difficult to determine if the weapon they are calling an assault weapon is a .45 pistol or if there were two guns involved. But lol at calling a pistol an assault weapon.

Hope things start going better for Leben...

I have always felt bad for Chris Leben he has a lot of demons I wonder if he has a underlying mental illness he isn't taking medication for.

Always kind of seemed like he was self-medicating something with the devil's blood.

where is your utopia, the middle east?

Well if you mean places where people don't have easy access to assault rifles there are several choices: Canada, UK, most of Europe, Australia and so on. The US is a major exception in the world when it comes to guns basically just laying around for anyone who wants them.

"Assault" weapon is the stupidest term anti-gun lobbyists have coined. Anything can be an "assault" weapon if I choose it to be. All they need is to get every firearm under this imaginary umbrella of vocabulary miss-use in order for them to fulfill their agenda of making cases of this nature be crime-worthy. Ridiculous.

Well if you mean places where people don't have easy access to assault rifles there are several choices: Canada, UK, most of Europe, Australia and so on. The US is a major exception in the world when it comes to guns basically just laying around for anyone who wants them.

A .22 short will kill you just as dead as a 7.62x39.

Poor guy. If he didn't live in a gun grabbing nanny state at least he wouldn't have had that assault weapon charge.

I kind of agree with you that the law the classifies an assault weapon is bullshit to a point but if you actually read the article you would see the following and if you still think "poor guy" you are as big a sociopath as Leben is.

• He threatened to kill her family in a text message.
  • How the fuck does Chris Leben legally get a firearm?! This is the type of shit that gives personal firearm ownership a bad name and what causes shit like that church shooting about a month back.
  • He broke into his ex wife's apartment with ANY weapon on him.

In conclusion Chris Leben is a jackass and I hope he gets a few years for this.

A .22 short will kill you just as dead as a 7.62x39.

So will a spoon if you use it right. The argument that "a gun is a gun" is retarded since clearly certain guns are much more dangerous than others.

Again I am not anti-gun I just find the idiotic arguments on both extreme sides of the issue kind of annoying.

So will a spoon if you use it right. The argument that "a gun is a gun" is retarded since clearly certain guns are much more dangerous than others.

Again I am not anti-gun I just find the idiotic arguments on both extreme sides of the issue kind of annoying.

I'm not extreme. I don't think that people should be able to roll around with M2 .50 machine guns popping out of their sunroofs.

But cmon, a spoon vs a .22 is just as bad of an argument.

So any handgun is an "assault weapon" now? Even the old-as-fuck 1911 .45acp? There is so much wrong with California that it almost balances out the cool shit they have.

I'm not extreme. I don't think that people should be able to roll around with M2 .50 machine guns popping out of their sunroofs.

But cmon, a spoon vs a .22 is just as bad of an argument.

You ever own a Phoenix Arms HP22? I have one next to my bed at all times, and sometimes I think I'd rather use a spoon, the fucker jams so much. .22LR is a shit cartridge to begin with, then this fucking thing.

Back