UFC veteran Chris Leben pleads guilty in felony assault weapon case

Augustus Caesar

ブッブーですわ
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/4...-leben-pleads-guilty-in-felony-assault-weapon

108chrisleben.0.jpg

The UFC veteran pleaded guilty Monday to three criminal charges, including a felony charge of possession of an assault weapon in San Diego district court, NBC San Diego reported. The two misdemeanor charges were vandalism and violation of a temporary restraining order.

Prosecutors told NBC San Diego that Leben is expected to get probation at his Aug. 31 sentencing.

Leben did not respond to a request for comment Tuesday afternoon.

Read entire article..

Sad to hear

You just want this guy to get help and get himself sorted but I guess that will just never completely happen.

Poor guy. If he didn't live in a gun grabbing nanny state at least he wouldn't have had that assault weapon charge.

Sad to hear

You just want this guy to get help and get himself sorted but I guess that will just never completely happen.

They don't know how to fix brain damage at this point, which is the likely issue.

I'm not sure anything would help (aside from locking him up and protecting everyone else from him).

Guy was always messed up. Seemed like he had a few good patches over the years, but I guess those were the exception.

A shame. I always liked watching him fight.

Poor guy. If he didn't live in a gun grabbing nanny state at least he wouldn't have had that assault weapon charge.

Ya, because guys like Leben should be running around with guns.

They don't know how to fix brain damage at this point, which is the likely issue.

I'm not sure anything would help (aside from locking him up and protecting everyone else from him).

They are getting very close but may be another 100 years for all I know. I think there would be a lot more potential talent competing in combat sports if they knew it could be repaired.

"assault weapon" for the lulz...

what did he have? a semi auto pistol with a "scary looking" grip attached?

EDIT: read the article...was a .45 handgun. so crazy...

I have always felt bad for Chris Leben he has a lot of demons I wonder if he has a underlying mental illness he isn't taking medication for.

What is an assault weapon under California law? We don't have bitch ass lady laws like that here.

"assault weapon" for the lulz...

what did he have? a semi auto pistol with a "scary looking" grip attached?

EDIT: read the article...was a .45 handgun. so crazy...

Whaaaaa

That's fucking ridiculous.

What is an assault weapon under California law? We don't have bitch ass lady laws like that here.

Anything that has increased functionality, standard magazine sizes, or scares a soccer mom with no knowledge of firearms.

scary looking attachments and higher capacity magazines.

from Wiki (Federal law):

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
Grenade launcher mount
Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
Barrel shroud safety feature that prevents burns to the operator
Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.
Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:
Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Detachable magazine.

Back