UFC vet, former Strikeforce champ Cung Le retires from MMA

i mean with all the increased testing lately, it's probably for the best

he was more or less a hobbyist flirting with retirement for the past few years anyway so it doesn't feel like a particularly big deal... however... i wish him in the best in retirement, he was a nice fighter to watch in the cage

always liked Le a lot, probably for the best that he retires, he was in his 40s

he was too old when he got to the ufc

wouldve love him here age 26 or so

I hate to see him go, but when it's time, it's time... I hope he does well in films, he's a decent actor.

"After several months of thought and discussion with my wife and family we realize our future includes many things, but active competition in mixed martial arts is no longer one of them therefore I am officially announcing my retirement from active competition. Fighting will never be far from my heart and martial arts will always continue to be a part of my daily life. I have thoroughly enjoyed the career that I have been blessed with due in large part to all my fans and the many people who have helped me on my journey.
I want to personally thank my wife, Suzanne, my three Little Ninjas, my Mother, Sister and the rest of my incredible family for their support, prayers and inspiration. I

Average fighter at best who both ducked top competition and chose movies over MMA.

cung-le-jacked-photo.jpg

"After several months of thought and discussion with my wife and family we realize our future includes many things, but active competition in mixed martial arts is no longer one of them therefore I am officially announcing my retirement from active competition. Fighting will never be far from my heart and martial arts will always continue to be a part of my daily life. I have thoroughly enjoyed the career that I have been blessed with due in large part to all my fans and the many people who have helped me on my journey.
I want to personally thank my wife, Suzanne, my three Little Ninjas, my Mother, Sister and the rest of my incredible family for their support, prayers and inspiration. I

I hate to see him go, but when it's time, it's time... I hope he does well in films, he's a decent actor.

I saw him in a film with Dan Henderson and some South African former ufc fighter - can't remember his name - but it wasn't a bad film though

you're a fail, bro

that post was hilarious

Yeah, agreed. I liked that post.

I wonder though, has "cry me a river" always had a condescending designation? Or was it later when someone exclaimed to promptly build a bridge and get over it? Or was the phrase always uttered in such a way?

hope he made the ufc earlier. or had more fights.had a really long lay off after fighting rich franklin

Back