UFC versus the rest

wolfss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
UFC versus the rest. I was watching Bellator FC last night, and the quality of the fights was utter garbage. There is better fights at the liquor store where The bums gather in the parking lot, in Fresno California. I’ve cut down the amount of MMA that I watch. I don’t know if the Asian MMA associations Put on better shows. I think Douglas lima is going to come to the UFC very soon.

UFC versus the rest. I was watching Bellator FC last night, and the quality of the fights was utter garbage. There is better fights at the liquor store where The bums gather in the parking lot, in Fresno California. I’ve cut down the amount of MMA that I watch. I don’t know if the Asian MMA associations Put on better shows. I think Douglas lima is going to come to the UFC very soon.
The few ONE events I've watched are phenomenally entertaining. Actually more entertaining than the UFC, the guys go fighting both striking and grappling. Like no LNP; it's dynamic grappling and the striking is fireworks.

UFC is levels ahead of the competition obviously.

Bellator does like the UFC's left overs, but they have some home grown talent as well with McKee, Lima, MVP, Minakov.

Rizin, ONE, ACA all have pretty epic events with solid fighters.

I would say PFL too but most their fighters are very wrestling heavy, not going for the finish and leading to boring decisions.

Last edited:
Yeah, but you missed Bellator's last show which had Frank Mir and Roy Nelson as the main event and that garbage can Rowdy Bec on the main card.

Bellator has a lot of talent but Scott Coker is a joke. Mir and Nelson are completely over the hill and shot at this point. And when they fought in the UFC 8 years ago the fight wasn't competitive and it wasn't the main event.

Last edited:
Fresno liquor store fights are no joke though.

When I went to watch bellator in london about 4 fights had fighters with losing records... just kind of embarrassing

Top level Bellator lightweights and welter weights are top 15 to 10 in the UFC.

Fighters and fans will make all kinds of arguments and excuses but the truth is, if you're really a top five lightweight or welter weight, you would be in the UFC. More money, more prestige more fame (If that's something you want) and bigger opportunities.

Douglas Lima would lose to everyone in the welter weight top 5 in the UFC

Yeah, but you missed Bellator's last show which had Frank Mir and Roy Nelson as the main event and that garbage can Rowdy Bec on the main card.

Bellator has a lot of talent but Scott Coker is a joke. Mir and Nelson are completely over the hill and shot at this point. And when they fought in the UFC 8 years ago the fight wasn't competitive and it wasn't the main event.
My favorite fan theory: Scott Coker didn't resign from Zuffa; he was sent to Bellator to sew the seeds of destruction lol

Definitely at least one bum on display last night in Bellator

The Bellator card was trash. Not a good example.

They do put on some good events.

Same with PFL, ONE FC, and others

I find it hilarious when some muppet tries to argue that Bellator is on the same level as the UFC when some of their biggest fights have been between geriatric UFC leftovers.

They've had 2 events since Mir/Roy.

Literally one was last night, and the other was Lima/MacDonald.

I've watched almost every event from every major company in last 3-4 years and my rankings would look something like this:
  1. UFC
  2. ONE FC
  3. KSW
  4. LFA
  5. Rizin
  6. PFL
  7. ACA
  8. Cage Warriors
  9. Road FC
  10. Titan FC
  11. M-1
  12. FNG
  13. Deep
  14. Pancrase
  15. Shooto
  16. Alaska FC
  17. EFC Worldwide
  18. KOTC
  19. Brave CF
  20. Combate Americas
  21. GMC
  22. Shooto Brazil
  23. CES MMA
  24. Kunlun Fight
  25. Island Fights
  26. BAMMA
  27. TKO
  28. Heat
  29. FFC
  30. SBC

Company's power is defined by 3 things:
1 number of fighters (talent pool)
2 number of events (core fan base strength)
3 income (TV budget/monetization)

Based on that, Bellator is top 3 company in the world. However, their shows are weak and their fights are boring...and I fucking hate them. I hope they all lose their jobs and starve to death. That's the only company I hate.

Last edited:
I've watched almost every event from every major company in last 3-4 years and my rankings would look something like this:
  1. UFC
  2. ONE FC
  3. KSW
  4. LFA
  5. Rizin
  6. PFL
  7. ACA
  8. Cage Warriors
  9. Road FC
  10. Titan FC
  11. M-1
  12. FNG
  13. Deep
  14. Pancrase
  15. Shooto
  16. Alaska FC
  17. EFC Worldwide
  18. KOTC
  19. Brave CF
  20. Combate Americas
  21. GMC
  22. Shooto Brazil
  23. CES MMA
  24. Kunlun Fight
  25. Island Fights
  26. BAMMA
  27. TKO
  28. Heat
  29. FFC
  30. SBC

Based on that, Bellator is top 3 company in the world. However, their shows are weak and their fights are boring...and I fucking hate them. I hope they all lose their jobs and starve to death. That's the only company I hate.

LOL, no Bellator in your top 30 list?

There was a thread on here where a guy was bragging that Bellator was snatching up all these American wrestlers and the UFC wasn’t.

If people think Bellator is competing with UFC they are sadly mistaken. If you are signing guys with 0-0 MMA records you are not a top company.

1. UFC
  2. ONE FC
  3. KSW
  4. LFA
  5. Rizin
  6. PFL
  7. ACA
  8. Cage Warriors
  9. Road FC
  10. Titan FC
  11. M-1
  12. FNG
  13. Deep
  14. Pancrase
  15. Shooto
  16. Alaska FC
  17. EFC Worldwide
  18. KOTC
  19. Brave CF
  20. Combate Americas
  21. GMC
  22. Shooto Brazil
  23. CES MMA
  24. Kunlun Fight
  25. Island Fights
  26. BAMMA
  27. TKO
  28. Heat
  29. FFC
  30. SBC

1. UFC
2. Bellator
3. The rest

Douglas Lima would beat Usman. Patricio Pitbull would beat Holloway

Top level Bellator lightweights and welter weights are top 15 to 10 in the UFC.

Fighters and fans will make all kinds of arguments and excuses but the truth is, if you're really a top five lightweight or welter weight, you would be in the UFC. More money, more prestige more fame (If that's something you want) and bigger opportunities.

Douglas Lima would lose to everyone in the welter weight top 5 in the UFC
Lima just made a million dollars plus sponsors in his last fight and would beat Masvidal, Edwards, and RDA.

Back