UFC Vegas 71: Yan vs. Dvalishvili, March 11

I’ve managed to find and watch almost all of Petrino’s and Turkalj’s fights, and I’ve still got no clue who wins. Petrino can’t grapple too well, but he’s freakishly strong. That said, he’s gassy. Turkalj can’t strike at all, but can wrestle pretty okay. Turkalj doesn’t seem to have great BJJ, judging from the Acácio fight, but Petrino could implode. All I know is this is going to be a mess.

I actually think Bellato is a better fighter than Petrino and he’d probably beat up Turkalj. I’m going to have to pass.

Has the Petrino vs Turkalj fight been discussed at all? Petrino has power and Turkalj is there to be hit. Thinking about taking Petrino at thr pickem price.

Thoughts?

Any thoughts on Volkov vs Romanov ?
Volkov lost against grapplers like Aspinall or Blaydes.
On the other hand those two are more athletic than Romanov. He did an amazing first round vs Tybura but then completely gassed out and lost the fight by doing close to nothing during the 2 others rounds. And that was against Tybura...
I'm leaning Volkov but not sure to bet.
The event is in Vegas but not the Apex, will it be the small cage ?
What do you guys think ?

On the other hand those two are more athletic than Romanov. He did an amazing first round vs Tybura but then completely gassed out and lost the fight by doing close to nothing during the 2 others rounds. And that was against Tybura...
What do you guys think ?

Volkov gonna have to survive an onslaught for a round at least. I think Romanov stops him early. But if he doesn't, Volkov probably will have big value live just like Tybura was.

Volkov gonna have to survive an onslaught for a round at least. I think Romanov stops him early. But if he doesn't, Volkov probably will have big value live just like Tybura was.

It's the smartest move but unfortunately I can't livebet...which fuckin' sucks.

What do you guys think ?
Romanov dont finish Volkov early imo and gasses, Volkov also slow but can hit. I like O1.5. If goes, Romanov win round 1, Volkov round 3, round 2 i dont know. The Best bet is O1.5

What do you guys think ?
I feel the same way, Romanov gassed horrible against Tybura and Volkov is usually hard to put away. Might be best to live bet after round 1 as well if Volkov can survive the early onslaught, Romanov hasn't beaten a top HW in the UFC yet and showed his lack of cardio pretty recently. Maybe Volkov by decision as well but small.

Volkov looked sharp stopping Jair quick last time. I thought Romanov would be a bigger dog.

Edit. actually Volkov has become dog despite Romaov not having any top wins. I think Volkov would be significantly best fighter on Romanov's resume. Maybe I'm missing something...

I feel the same way, Romanov gassed horrible against Tybura and Volkov is usually hard to put away. Might be best to live bet after round 1 as well if Volkov can survive the early onslaught, Romanov hasn't beaten a top HW in the UFC yet and showed his lack of cardio pretty recently. Maybe Volkov by decision as well but small.

This will be my gameplan. I have Romanov at -115. If he gets the takedown early which I think he will, I'm just gonna bet on Volkov right away if it's +200 or higher.

Does Jonathan Martinez have the "it" factor?
I mean he's supposed to lose to Said Nurmogomedov, right?

Every time I've bet against Martinez, I've lost.
I feel like I'm supposed to bet on him again. (gut instinct)
Yea but who have you been betting on against him? Besides Swanson I don't even remember the names of the other 2 guys he beat after getting stopped by Davey, and Swanson is a bit past his prime. The UFC was trying to build him up. Said is a significant step up in competition.

Last edited:
Has the Petrino vs Turkalj fight been discussed at all? Petrino has power and Turkalj is there to be hit. Thinking about taking Petrino at thr pickem price.

Thoughts?

I think Turkalj kind of sucks in general, but I think it could go like the Acacio fight. There's not enough for me to tell if Petrino will crumble to the wrestling. Petrino is tempting but I'm leaning toward passing or no distance.

Every time I've bet against Martinez, I've lost.
I feel like I'm supposed to bet on him again. (gut instinct)

I've definitely lost money multiple times betting against Martinez, and the one time I bet on him (vs Davey Grant) I also lost lol.

That being said, Said is the better fighter and should win. But I wouldn't count out Martinez's power. I'd take Said with a hedge on Martinez KO.

I like Yan over Merab (although I think the odds make Merab bets worthwhile still). I don't think Merab's wrestling game will have the same nullifying effect that it did on Aldo, and without the backpack powers of Aljo I think Yan punishes him badly on the feet. Merab is open to being hit, and like Steve said, he does not react well to leg kicks.

I think Romanov runs over Volkov, but if Volkov can weather the first 1.5 rounds things get very interesting. Might just put a sprinkle on Romanov and livebet that one if things get close/dicey.

I favored Krylov over Spann, but I don't have a lot of faith in either tbh. They've both let me down in fights before. I think I'll likely just bet on it not going the distance.

I favor Said over Martinez.

I favor Grant over Assuncao.

I like Volkov Rom over 1.5
JJ fight to Dec
Mereb ML
Dumas, Bautista, Ramos Parlay
Nam ML
Brezski ML
Spann v Kyrlov Under 2.5
Maybe Nurmog, Harris Parlay

Am I the only one to find Spann by finish @ +175 to be really tempting?

I had Ramos 1.76 and it gets cancelled fuck me

Only thing I have left Is Bruno Silva 2.02

Ive been wrong so many times but I just see Yan running through Merab without much difficulty

I had Ramos 1.76 and it gets cancelled fuck me

Only thing I have left Is Bruno Silva 2.02

Damn just saw that!
Tbf Gooden did take the fight extremely short notice.

*Ramos missed the featherweight limit by eight pounds. His bout with Austin Lingo has been cancelled

**Gooden missed the welterweight limit by six pounds. His bout with Carlston Harris will proceed at a catchweight with Gooden forfeiting 30 percent of his purse as penalty

Back