UFC using CM Punk to promote Mickey Gall???

brawlnsprawl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
CM Punk is a huge draw and Dana knows this. Millions will be watching for the first time and there will be millions of casuals tuning in along with the hardcore fans. This is the perfect chance to debut a new star. Sure we got a chance to see Mickey Gall in action but how many actually watched? The kid got a chance to shake his Octagon jitters and prove he is worthy of what is about to happen. Why else host a show to find the perfect opponent? Basicly they went looking for the right guy with a limited record and the "it" factor. They know the world will be watching and that whoever takes out CM Punk will be an instant star.

What are your thoughts on this situation now that we know who CM Punk is fighting?

It's a win win for the UFC. If Punk wins, his star power will get bigger. If Punk loses and Gall wins, they can promote this exciting prospect. The only way it sucks if it turns into a 3 round decision stinker. I don't see that happening.

Yeah, I remember when they used Ronda Rousey to promote Holly Holm.

It's a win win for the UFC. If Punk wins, his star power will get bigger. If Punk loses and Gall wins, they can promote this exciting prospect. The only way it sucks if it turns into a 3 round decision stinker. I don't see that happening.
Gall looks like a good prospect, obviously a strong wrestling backround, them ears tell it all!

They didn't bring in punk to lose.

He will anyways, but somehow I doubt they have huge plans with Gall.

'Huge draw' what has he done outside of WWE? I'd never heard of him until he signed to the UFC, if this was The Rock you may have a point, I've heard of him.

Also highly doubt UFC would put so much into a 2-0 fighter, CM Punk was signed before Gall probably even turned pro.

They didn't bring in punk to lose.

He will anyways, but somehow I doubt they have huge plans with Gall.

Yeah the UFC obviously shopped around at gyms, found a guy with a limited record, then set up the looking for a fight episode to feature him. UFC just wants to cash in off cm punk once or twice, depending on how he looks.

'Huge draw' what has he done outside of WWE? I'd never heard of him until he signed to the UFC, if this was The Rock you may have a point, I've heard of him.

Also highly doubt UFC would put so much into a 2-0 fighter, CM Punk was signed before Gall probably even turned pro.

CM Punk has a huge WWE fan base. Maybe at first they expected good things but lets be honest if Dana sees the same things the public sees then it becomes pretty obvious he's gonna be the next James Toney.

No way! Just using him to promote the UFC, there's no way they can bank on a 3-0 fighter being a prospect in the UFC without bringing in multiple mike jackson types.

CM Punk has a huge WWE fan base. Maybe at first they expected good things but lets be honest if Dana sees the same things the public sees then it becomes pretty obvious he's gonna be the next James Toney.

Why is he so popular though?

Brock Lesnar looked like he could kill an average human being, this dude? I know looks can be deceiving but this guy looks like an ordinary dude and from what I've heard he has no real fighting skill he just did BJJ as a hobby.

Why is he so popular though?

Brock Lesnar looked like he could kill an average human being, this dude? I know looks can be deceiving but this guy looks like an ordinary dude and from what I've heard he has no real fighting skill he just did BJJ as a hobby.

wrestling fans love the guy... here is his wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CM_Punk

Also Brock had a legit ncaa wrestling career before wwe.

Back