UFC uses deliberate mistranslation to hype up fight

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. I often wonder if translators in post fight interviews are being completely honest.

Most won't care, cause most won't go through the length you are to find this out. Most people have jobs.

Siver is horrible at promoting fights, they feel the need to help add to that. It's promotion, so many people don't understand how business works. Do you think your burgers from McDonalds look and taste they way you would expect them to based on the photo adds you see?

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY LOW LIFES ON SHERDOG???? :( Their should be a section that requires you fill out a bit of personal information to at least indicate you have a job and other hobbies.

Since they are going to blatantly misquote, they should spice it up a bit more. Like "I want to eat his children"

HBO does this all the time on 247 and every Russian that fights in Bellator.

In my head he was really saying "Piss off you stupid fuck!" but noooooo he has to be polite! :(

Wow, thats really pathetic.

In before the WWE contingent and Zuffa Zombies belittle everyone who doesn't jizz in his pants at the excitement of fabricated drama.

I really don't think the crossover WWE fans give a shit about this, they're drawn to watch the UFC because it is real. They get enough of the drama and theatrics in pro wrestling, UFC is their chance to see an actual fight. That's what makes it exotic and has them giving it the time of day.

I don't think the mistranslations were deliberate. The UFC probably just found some people with high school German to do the translations instead of getting competent translators.

Siver is horrible at promoting fights, they feel the need to help add to that. It's promotion, so many people don't understand how business works. Do you think your burgers from McDonalds look and taste they way you would expect them to based on the photo adds you see?

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY LOW LIFES ON SHERDOG???? :( Their should be a section that requires you fill out a bit of personal information to at least indicate you have a job and other hobbies.

You are justifying blatant wrong doing, morally corrupt behavior, because profits.

Please stop existing.

If only all that talk of a cultured, educated individual wouldn't come off as utter irony. Who taught you spelling? Fuck off with your nonsense burger comparison to make you sound relevant.

As if Conor wasn't sufficiently pushed/hyped, they had to misquote his opponent as well. You're pathetic if you think that's justifiable.

It is known.

When Baby Jay said "To the death, Georges," it was taken out of context.

Full quote:

"So I was training with Matt Hughes. While we were working the clinch, a totally gross spider scuttled out onto the mat. Instead of the foot-stomps I'd been working on...I stomped that thing to the death. To the death, Georges."

Underrated post.

Awful job by the UFC media. I've always thought Siver is a humble guy

Mis-translations are so common in MMA I rarely take what ever the translator says is what is actually being said. Silva's guy is pretty bad, I know they need to simplify some things but half the time you don't even get a relevant answer to the question first posed.

Boo. Crappy move by the UFC.

ee8.jpg

This doesn't surprise me but it actually bothers me quite a bit. There's zero shame, and they'll do absolutely anything to drum up controversy and try to make more money.

oh yeah, they are shady as fuck.

Theyre always always always getting caught doing bush league shit like this, like Siver saying those things is really going to hype up the fight more, not one fucking person is going to give a shit, give it a break

No surprise. Their translations have always seemed stupid. The way they present even the english speaking fighters cuts paint them in what ever light they want. Plenty of guys talked about how they will just do take after take, asking loaded questions until they get you to say enough for them to get what they want. I never watch that garbage or that shit they show at the beginning of the ppv.

Have you guys ever watched a Bellator pre-fight promo before? Compared to them UFC looks like legit saints.

Every company does it. You have to sell fights. If a dude is as boring as Siver on the Mic, have to promote the fight some how.

Sucks for the fighter maybe but if the result is more people caring about Siver and knowing who he is? Is it really that bad.

Shady sure. But for a guy that has no buzz around them isn't the worst thing.

Back