UFC Urges the US Congress to Incentivize Proactive Piracy Blocking

Lol at expecting congress to do anything ever. Did nobody tell Dana congress members are there for personal enrichment, not to actually do anything? It's a part-time job ffs that starts at 175k and they don't even do anything in the part-time hours they do "work". They're basically handsomely paid welfare recipients.

They have to make it a price that people would rather pay then stream.

See netflix for example.... It works because its cheap enough anyone can buy and offers a service that makes things easier and smoother to a point you would rather pay than go through the hassles of pirating
I pirate netflix, and hulu, and UFC and ABC and CBS.

But not PBS. I pay for sesame street.

Congress should force the ufc too charge a monthly fee of 5$ for ALL EVENTS & media coverage.

HAHAHAHHAHAHA good luck with stopping it.

Ask the music industry how that worked out for them.

You got to change with the times or all your going to do is cry like a baby on the sidelines like the music industry did.

You have the ESPN+ and Fightpass platform built and running for years. Time to change how you utilize those platforms. Look at the WWE moving away from PPV and they are stronger than ever as a company.

It'll never happen.
They can't shut down overseas servers
They can't say that my friend streaming the fight over to my TV from his house, is any different from me going over there and watching it with him. Same thing happened with the music industry. I just rip music from youtube rather than paying apple or spotify. The internet can never be defeated. sorry uncle dana.
Why not just do a commercial between rounds or fights? I could care less about hearing Joe and Dominick talk nonsense trying to hype up the next fight.

Ppv points are done, every ppv is now a flat 500k

You can shove that argument up your arse

Lol @ the children acting like we’re taking food out of fighters mouth for streaming

You would make great slaves, certainly put enough practice in

The argument you make is a know, really good argument. However, the conclusion you arrive is generalizing the issue and i cant agree with.

Intelectual property is a real thing.

Its what prevents justin bieber to listen to me playing and singing a song on a youtube video in my bedroom and re-recording that and claiming it was his own original composition.

Thats one reason why patents exist as well.

Copyright laws, etc...
No it isn't. Otherwise it wouldn't be called "intellectual property."
Unlike real property, when one stream's a fight, that stream isn't depriving anyone else of the stream.
You can't assume profits into existence as your justification.
Any song that Bieber performs will be better than yours, and it has nothing to do with your song writing skills - fucking lesbians were in love with this BOY.

Give out stuff for free if you don't want people stealing.

It's not my fault I couldn't afford to pay for my car. I had to steal it.
Because those things are remotely the same. You notice if somebody has stolen your car, because it's a loss of property.

Unlike real property, when one stream's a fight, that stream isn't depriving anyone else of the stream.
Just because they arent the same doesnt mean there isnt an issue to deal. As a matter of fact because they arent the same, you cant make that comparisson to justify why it should be disregarded.

"You can't assume profits into existence as your justification." - no one is doing that. The hability to make these profits is whats in question. Doesnt matter if you will or not.

Any other brain busters chin?

"Any song that Bieber performs will be better than yours"
<{walkerwhut}>

Im not even sure how to begin address this one. lol

HAHAHAHHAHAHA good luck with stopping it.

Ask the music industry how that worked out for them.

You got to change with the times or all your going to do is cry like a baby on the sidelines like the music industry did.

You have the ESPN+ and Fightpass platform built and running for years. Time to change how you utilize those platforms. Look at the WWE moving away from PPV and they are stronger than ever as a company.

Agree with everything except the WWE part.

I've been reading lately that the opposite is occuring.

All time lows in viewership and wrestlers unhappy and wanting to leave the org for greener pastures.

I could be wrong though, I don't really follow WWE in any capacity since I grew up lol.

Look, I love streaming as much as the next guy, but can we really blame the UFC for going after piracy? It costs them untold millions of dollars.

dana-snow.jpg

Dana doesn't seem to be hurting too badly...

th

I don't condone illegal streaming and I always purchase what I want to see. However, it's illogical to think that the number of illegal streamers/watchers is equal to the number of people who would purchase if the illegal stream was not available. The PPV price needs to decrease.

And you still can't tell me how much of my $60 would go to any fighter without PPV points (which is 90%+)

Not that I expect facts, logic, or otherwise intelligent discourse from a shill

I literally said $1. Learn to read moron. This has nothing to do with being a shill (which is lolworthy considering my sig which has been the same for 13 years) and all to do with the fact that you dolts have no idea how it works.

If you are stealing the product and paying $0 then you have no room to complain about fighter pay. You're stealing money from their pockets when you stream a ppv.

To be fair, the guys getting PPV points (if they still even are now with this espn+ ppv) are the guys making a lot of money to begin with (conor..ect). The actual fighters struggling are never getting ppv points, and by the time they do get ppv points, they are not struggling. I am not trying to white knight because i don't give a shit, i am just stateing facts.

Its just hypocritical to say fuck Dana he robs the fighters when you yourself are literally robbing the fighters by streaming a ppv (not you but the posters itt i had quoted)

Congress should force the ufc too charge a monthly fee of 5$ for ALL EVENTS & media coverage.
Jokes aside. Its more criminal how bad the UFC is robbing fighters and paying customers, then the fans finding free streams. It would be hilarious if the UFC pursued this and it back fired on them.

Going after the streamers

• UFC lobbies for new laws that would incentivize proactive pirating stream link blocking.
  • Their representative claims that Facebook and other social media platforms are currently not doing enough.
  • The industry is allegedly under threat, as pirate IPTV services are nibbling on its market share.
https://www.technadu.com/ufc-us-congress-incentivize-proactive-piracy-blocking/71330/
They could just make their product less expensive. They are partially to blame by trying to overcharge by like 40 dollars on their product. No PPV in 2019 is worth more than 30, maybe 40 bucks tops.

Its just hypocritical to say fuck Dana he robs the fighters when you yourself are literally robbing the fighters by streaming a ppv (not you but the posters itt i had quoted)
Thats just it, I don't feel bad at all that guys like Conor are getting one less PPV point from me. I am smart enough to know the only fighters that are not getting rich are the ones that don't benefit from ppv points, and the ones that do are already making $$$ so .......

36ib5lw_gif_1__by_haulport-d82awuw.gif

Back