UFC Urges the US Congress to Incentivize Proactive Piracy Blocking

Less cards filled with soccer moms getting beat up by the handful of talented female fighters.

And absolutely no wmma fights that are not title fights on the main cards.

Yeah with the cards the ufc has been putting on lately, I just wouldn’t watch most of them if piracy wasn’t an option.

Errr, yes, when you stream you are taking money from their pockets so you have no right to bitch about the ufc being scum to them when you don’t even support a product with your money. Leech.
Really? How much of my $60 would go to the fighters on the prelims? $0.00?

Yeah. Thanks for the moral advice, shill, but I think I'll just keep streaming.

Maybe yes to first part but lol no to 2nd part.

You guys with your righteousness are hilarious.

You stream, so you're stealing from those fighters you so badly want to help.
I'm not pro illegal streaming, but lets be honest, any more money the UFC would make is going straight to their pockets and not the fighters pockets.

Maybe yes to first part but lol no to 2nd part.

You guys with your righteousness are hilarious.

You stream, so you're stealing from those fighters you so badly want to help.
Don’t kid yourself. None of that money is going to the fighters. Streaming doesn’t hurt them at all because the UFC doesnt give them shit anyway. If fighters were compensated fairly maybe I’d buy the PPV. But I’m not buying it just to line scumbag DW’s pockets.

I'm not pro illegal streaming, but lets be honest, any more money the UFC would make is going straight to their pockets and not the fighters pockets.
Perfect timing hahaha

Really? How much of my $60 would go to the fighters on the prelims? $0.00?

Yeah. Thanks for the moral advice, shill, but I think I'll just keep streaming.

Don’t kid yourself. None of that money is going to the fighters. Streaming doesn’t hurt them at all because the UFC doesnt give them shit anyway. If fighters were compensated fairly maybe I’d buy the PPV. But I’m not buying it just to line scumbag DW’s pockets.

3 people who are trying to justify why they don't pay for PPVs. lol

I don't need to kid myself, its literally written into contracts of fighters who are champions. They make more money based on the # of PPV buys, even if your PPV purchase would only net them $1, if a million people decided to purchase it as opposed to stream it, then they would get $1mm more.

Intelligent crowd here today as usual.

3 people who are trying to justify why they don't pay for PPVs. lol

I don't need to kid myself, its literally written into contracts of fighters who are champions. They make more money based on the # of PPV buys, even if your PPV purchase would only net them $1, if a million people decided to purchase it as opposed to stream it, then they would get $1mm more.

Intelligent crowd here today as usual.
And you still can't tell me how much of my $60 would go to any fighter without PPV points (which is 90%+)

Not that I expect facts, logic, or otherwise intelligent discourse from a shill

Uh, that’s literally how it works. Fighters get paid more with more PPV buys, since you admit to stealing the events, you are not supporting the fighters. So please get off the high horse as if you actually give a shit about them.
To be fair, the guys getting PPV points (if they still even are now with this espn+ ppv) are the guys making a lot of money to begin with (conor..ect). The actual fighters struggling are never getting ppv points, and by the time they do get ppv points, they are not struggling. I am not trying to white knight because i don't give a shit, i am just stateing facts.

Easiest thing for them is reduce the number of paywalls and lower the price for all the content. Make it all available in one place for a reasonable price. Instead of lobbying Congress for protections from a free market.

I agree with that, but still can't blame them for trying to fight people jacking their shit son!

If they somehow manage to stop streaming lol, it wont make me suddenly pay $60 plus for a PPV that will probably be boring fuck you Dana get butt blasted bitch.

Well I am glad about this. At least he aint going after guys who borrow the events and gives it back. Just goes to show you he doesnt consider us thieves since we only borrow it and give right back. Thank you Dana.

https://www.technadu.com/ufc-us-congress-incentivize-proactive-piracy-blocking/71330/

According to UFC’s Riche McKnight, although they have agreed on specific takedown arrangements with several social media companies that host the links that pop up during a fighting match, the online platforms seem to be neglectful to the requests and so the links aren’t removed immediately. This causes considerable damage to the rightsholders, as even minutes of online existence for these links translate to many thousands of illegal viewers. McKnight proposes a change in the law that would push social media giants like Facebook to remove these links proactively, without even requiring notice from the UFC. As McKnight told the senators: “Private, voluntary partnerships [with online platforms] are not sufficient to combat online piracy. Addressing this problem requires a new approach that includes a strong legal framework, a combination of private and public enforcement, and enhanced cooperation with our international partners.”

The criminalization of streaming remains the primary goal of UFC’s lobbying, as this will change the field decisively. Until then though, a transition from reactive to proactive takedowns would allow for much-needed breathing space for the legitimate broadcasters, who are now with their backs on the wall. The US Congress will now have to consider what new legal framework would facilitate UFC’s requirements, and one that would include upload filters is, unfortunately, a real possibility at this point.

1494013338564.png
man you’re really plugged into mma

thanks for the link mang

Give out stuff for free if you don't want people stealing.

It's not my fault I couldn't afford to pay for my car. I had to steal it.
Not that I disagree with your point but do you even pay for PPVs in Denmark?

What kind of an incentive are we talking about here? I looked over the article but they never actually stated what it would be. What could congress/UFC possibly give Facebook and other social media giants that would entice them to proactively block pirates.

Do you really think the UFC would incentivize anyone for doing their job? These clowns want Social Media platforms like Facebook, Reddit and others to their job just cause it's the "right thing to do", GTFOH. Dana and the UFC are such pieces of shit to fighter pay they really have no right to cry and complain about people stealing (borrowing) their shit.

Isn't dana buddies with the orange goof in the white house?

All the other sports I watch are free, I have a functioning brain and the ability to use the Internet, why throw $80 into the air ?

Reebok coupons
<{Joewithit}>
Well then my streaming days are over. Just months after I found out how to do it. Shit, even I'd sell my own cousin up the river for just a few Reebok coupons. The value they add to the overall quality of life is immeasurable.
I wonder if this is how they got Schaub to snitch...

Could consider paying if the ppvs weren't so goddamn awful and if the fighters actually got paid properly.

UFC: Stop streaming and pay us more money so we can pocket it and not give it to the fighters

Back