UFC unveils partial list of Strikeforce fighters moving over

Raziel82

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/new...ull-list-of-Strikeforce-fighters-moving-over/

HEAVYWEIGHT
-Daniel Cormier (11-0 MMA, 8-0 SF)

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT
-Gegard Mousasi (33-3-2 MMA, 4-1-1 SF)
-Gian Villante (10-3 MMA, 3-2 SF)

MIDDLEWEIGHT
-Roger Gracie (6-1 MMA, 4-1 SF)
-Tim Kennedy (15-4 MMA, 6-2 SF)
-Lorenz Larkin (13-0 MMA, 4-0 SF)
-Champ Luke Rockhold (10-1 MMA, 9-0 SF)
-Ronaldo Souza (17-3 MMA, 7-1 SF)

WELTERWEIGHT
-Roger Bowling (11-3 MMA, 4-3 SF)
-Jason High (16-3 MMA, 3-0 SF, 0-1 UFC)
-Nate Marquardt (32-11-2 MMA, 1-1 SF, 10-4 UFC)
-Champ Tarec Saffiedine (14-3 MMA, 6-1 SF)
-Bobby Voelker (24-8 MMA, 4-1 SF)

LIGHTWEIGHT
-Ryan Couture (6-1 MMA, 6-1 SF)
-Pat Healy (29-16 MMA, 7-1 SF, 0-1 UFC)
-Kurt Holobaugh (8-1 MMA, 0-1 SF)
-Adriano Martins (24-6 MMA, 1-0 SF)
-Champ Gilbert Melendez (21-2 MMA, 11-1 SF)
-K.J. Noons (11-6 MMA, 3-4 SF)
-Josh Thomson (19-5 MMA, 10-3 SF, 2-1 UFC)

As you can see. No Barnett (yet).

No Feijao either

Hope he comes over after his suspension good 205er and could be top 10 (at least top 20)

I understand why Dana still has his panties twisted up over Josh Barnett, but he needs to get over it. After that war with Cormier, the man deserves a spot on the UFC roster. One of the most dangerous men at HW.

Well, I hope they will add Feijao and Barnett to the list. Barnett is a clever guy, he just wants more $$$.

To many LW's in the UFC imo, to few HW fights..

Sign Barnett

Luke Rockhold vs. Anderson Silva superfight to unify the titles.

I was hoping kyle would get in

Behind the scenes Kyle said Mousasi was his retirement fight. Unsure if that's just his emotions talking. Before the fight he said he never felt this good and he was at his peak. Maybe Mousasi crushed all his hope?

Btw, Josh Thomson will be a top 10 LW soon.

Btw, Josh Thomson will be a top 10 LW soon.

if he can stay healthy, it's a possibility. but that's a pretty big if. dude is no spring chicken anymore either.

Interesting ^^ thanks for posting. I'm curious to what is going to happen with Barnett. Would be fun to see him compete in the ufc again!

I understand why Dana still has his panties twisted up over Josh Barnett, but he needs to get over it. After that war with Cormier, the man deserves a spot on the UFC roster. One of the most dangerous men at HW.

I disagree. I personally wish that the UFC would release a policy which has hard and fast standards which they followed when signing and extending fighters. For instance any fighter who has tested positive is not eligable for signing or gets cut. Also, I wish something similar was instituted for for those fighters who constantly have run ins with the law. And, yes i know, this means cutting guys like Leben and Thiago Silva as wel... i know.

I know people will argue that someone like barnett is a world class fighter, a big name, a great promoter, etc... but signing a fighter like that comes with risks like a bad reputation, may not be able to get licensed, have to sit on the shelf because of a future suspension, and allow opponents of mma to attack ufc's stance on peds aand continue to attack the fighters goons, criminals and misfits.

Middleweight is stacked.

Nope this is not full list of all the guys coming over.

Or will the world end after more guys not on this "full list" also sign with the UFC?

Back