UFC trying so hard to shove Weidman down viewers eyeballs

Watch any interview with Weidman and he clearly has a good personality and charisma. He's just not a showboater - and maybe he needs to be if he wants to draw more.

No one can trash his skills. He's demolished guys that were meant to embarrass him and show him up.

I'll always be a fan after his consecutive destructions of Anderson Silva.

Completely agree with TS, guy has cardboard personality and can't sell fights

I just don't understand this complaining about personality? Why do you guys watch MMA?
I thought people watched MMA to see the best fighters fighting each other

this guy has beaten:
Anderson Silva 2x
Machida
Belfort
Maia
fucked up Mu

God TS is such a pussy. Go watch pro wrestling if you want "personality." Who gives a fuck, he FIGHTS for a living, he's not an actor. God people like you are bad for the sport. If mma goes down the drain it'll be because of fuck's like you more concerned with "personality" than the actual fights themselves.

I think a healthy dose of both is possible. I enjoy guys like Chael and McGregor because they add an extra dimension to the sport. I do, after all, watch MMA to be entertained. Conversely, I can also appreciate a guy like Aldo or Cain, who aren't known for talking, but are masters of their craft.

Yet the guy isn't drawing zilch. Everything he does or is shown is backed by somebody else. Why don't they let the guy float by himself if he's so amazing?

Go watch WWE. He's an amazing fighter and that's enough for me to be entertained.

I just don't understand this complaining about personality? Why do you guys watch MMA?
I thought people watched MMA to see the best fighters fighting each other

this guy has beaten:
Anderson Silva 2x
Machida
Belfort
Maia
fucked up Mu

Shiiiet i sure as hell didnt order the weidman/silva and weidman/machida PPVs to see honda fight.

:icon_lol:

If you honestly think the chris is a generic "wrestle boxer", you've seriously compromised whatever credibility you may have had prior to making this thread, t.s., which I'm honestly guessing was probably pretty damn close to zero to begin with.

TS if you really don't see his achievements, you should find another sport to watch..

inb4 another butthurt comment about mma not being a sport..

whatever.. just keep in mind you need that nerdrage flowing out, don't hold it inside, brochacho !

I enjoy Weidman fights but he's really not a huge talker/promoter of his fights which is why he might lack that star power in terms of viewership.

Not everyone will be that type of champ. That is why he really should have no issue with being a co-main event.

Me too. Fuck TS.

Me three. Weidmans fights are great, he always goes forward and always for the finish (except Machida fight where he coasted after 3rd but came back to fight in 5th).

He finishes almost every fight and can finish in every way. Hopefully one day he will finish with a kick, that's the only way he hasn't already.

TS has been crying about Weidman since he destroyed his fantasy, Anderson's invincibility. It's amazing how someone can get so emotionally hurt over a fighter getting beat up by a better fighter. It's sad to watch especially so long after the fights....how the fuck are you not over it yet?

I enjoy Weidman fights but he's really not a huge talker/promoter of his fights which is why he might lack that star power in terms of viewership.

Not everyone will be that type of champ. That is why he really should have no issue with being a co-main event.

He's done an alright job vs. rockhard. Prior to that, who did he really fight that would go back and forth with him?

You think they are cramming him in our eyeballs?? We hear next nothing about him and the guy tooled AS twice? If Honda beat somebody of that caliber Dana would decree her face be tattooed on the first born child of every household.

He's probably never going to be a real polarizing character which is what stars often need to get big. But he can be one of those stars who will interest people just because he is so normal and genuine.

There is appeal in that too, especially in the contrast of a soccer dad making a milk and cereal run for his kids breakfast and then getting locked in the cage with the worlds greatest fighters in his weight, and he walks through them. That'll be his claim to fame I guess. Cinderella man kinda thing.

He has very few haters, which almost slows his rise to stardom. And the haters he has are disgruntled boys who fantasized about Silva, and can't understand that Weidman was just doing his job...and that there's nothing wrong with losing to a better fighter. Weidman will be beaten one day too, the sport evolves and grows. Embrace the change and enjoy the fights

You think they are cramming him in our eyeballs?? We hear next nothing about him and the guy tooled AS twice? If Honda beat somebody of that caliber Dana would decree her face be tattooed on the first born child of every household.

Actualized is just extremely hurt about Silva losing, and any sight of Weidman seems to trigger his nightmares.

Back