UFC trying so hard to shove Weidman down viewers eyeballs

well on the bright side youve given up deriding his skills and moved on to his personality, congrats on the progress but the remainder is irrelevant

I like Weidman despite him beating all the best and some of my favorite MW fighters. Some folks won't ever get past that and will always hate the guy no matter what he does. Same reason lots of people hate Jon Bones, besides skin color.

I'd personally rather watch him fight than McGregor or Ronda.

I think some people should be watching Big Brother instead of MMA

Eye gouging people every fight probably isn't going to win you over many fans regardless of skin color fyi

It's been pointed out a few times that Gus is guilty of eye pokes too. Not as often or with such blatant purpose as Jon Bones, but often enough that he shouldn't get a complete pass for it. But somehow he does.

What bothers me most of Weidman?

His fans, no doubt.

Actualized174 is salty as f#ck for some reason.

People watch MMA for all the wrong reasons. It`s not a popularity constest. It`s fighting. What matters are the fights.

Exactly. Watch the fighters you enjoy. Weidman is a fucking machine. I want to see the best guys go at it, regardless of their personality.

I like Weidman despite him beating all the best and some of my favorite MW fighters. Some folks won't ever get past that and will always hate the guy no matter what he does. Same reason lots of people hate Jon Bones, besides skin color.

Most of the hate directed toward Jones has to do with his being a crack-headed steroid abusing eye-poker who was, yes, overrated in many ways. :icon_chee It's obvious most of the hate directed toward Weidman is because he dethroned Anderson, and ...because of his skin color.

It's been pointed out a few times that Gus is guilty of eye pokes too. Not as often or with such blatant purpose as Jon Bones, but often enough that he shouldn't get a complete pass for it. But somehow he does.

Jones is worse though. He's a very dirty fighter and it's obvious it's not an accident. He does a lot of other stupid stuff as well and is very arrogant in general. Plus he was the champion which draws more attention to it. Plenty of reasons not to like him that have nothing to do with race.

Generic wrestler boxer continues to get paired up with Ronda or top draws. The guy has no personality and so static...don't understand why the UFC tries to continously shove this guy down our throats so much.

Guy continues to get carried by other top fighters.....now he has to be the co-main at UFC 194.

Tomorrow on Sherdog: UFC matchmaking completely ridiculous.

Wouldn't be that bad if he got rid of the whole captain America getup

Fuck you assholes. Weidman is a fucking BOSS. I KNEW he was going to KO AS and flew my family halfway around the world to watch it.

His fight with Machida was epic, as was his beatdown of Munoz. His studio work is getting better each time and he is starting to come out of his shell. He will rule the MW division for a long time so hate all you like fuckers, he aint going away.

I like his fights, and don't care about his personality or who else does or doesn't like him.

I don't find him to be boring at all. I think he will be really hard to beat.

You knew something was up when GSP said Weidman would beat Anderson. Like GSP isn't a guy to go out of his way to guarantee something like that. Well unless its Rory... but yea a lot of the pros saw something in Chris Weidman a long time ago.

That, and he went from like $40k to $400k from the first Anderson fight to the second. He also sold 1million buys as champ and main-eventer.

That must have been a lovely payday.

Conor had to talk to get his big check. The Chris did not. whatever works.

TS' grandpappy was raped by Chris Weidman.

WHy are people complaining about having the best MW in the world put on cards with other big names like Ronda and McGregor?

This fight was just about scheduling, it was always being planned for Dec even before Aldo pulled out, UFC didnt expect Aldo/McGregor to be pushed back. The plan was for Weidman/Luke in NYC in Dec.

But why is this a problem? These are arguably the two best fights to be made in mma right now period, I mean Cyborg/Ronda is probably the other but what other fight in mma is better than those two? And we are getting them on same card.

Stop complaining.

So now the UFC gets shit for trying to promote their fighters?

Fans are stupid.

meh, after The Silva fights, he won me over. Belfort fight didn't dissapoint. TS is a big dissapointment

So let's see... the UFC stacks the Aldo-McGregor card by making it a double title card, and they're looking to further promote one of their champions by exposing them to a larger fan base and more media coverage and people are STILL complaining?

No wonder the UFC doesn't give a crap what the "hardcore" fans say...

Back