UFC trying so hard to shove Weidman down viewers eyeballs

He is a great fighter and with more exposure will draw better.

He should not be compared to Ronda (who is marketed to an unbelievable degree by the UFC and also has film cameos and WWE appearances to gain further exposure, something available to her since she is the freak athlete in WMMA) or Conor (who is marketed a ridiculous amount too), he draws better than any of the lighter weight champs until now, except maybe Robbie. Conor would obviously eclipse him should he topple Aldo.

The more good fights people see Chris in, the better for him and the UFC and MMA in general. He's in quality matches that will draw in more viewers.

Conor and Ronda are the ones who are being force fed to everyone. Weidman is a great and undefeated champion who puts on a show almost every time. If you care so much about personality you are watching the wrong sport.

Get over it ts. You are not only wrong and a complainer...you are a can.

So what you want them to fire him?

He's one of the best fighters we have in UFC, imo one of the best of all time. Just needs to fight more often.

He's also an exciting fighter, never know what he's gona do. That elbow on munoz and the two silva knock downs are still some of the most impressive moments you'l see in MMA

How can people say he is boring? His last fight was a first round finish and the Machida fight was a war. This is insane.

Generic wrestler boxer continues to get paired up with Ronda or top draws. The guy has no personality and so static...don't understand why the UFC tries to continously shove this guy down our throats so much.

Guy continues to get carried by other top fighters.....now he has to be the co-main at UFC 194.

Are you a fan of MMA or soap operas? Stfu who cares about the guys personality he's an amazing fighter.

Go watch survivor and jerk off you know you're thirsty.

Great fighter but not the biggest draw. The UFC a trying to promote their champions... what do you suggest? Weidman NOT defending his title? Lmao

Wrestle boxer my ass. Dude has some of the best submission grappling in the division, if not all of mma. A wrestle boxer is someone like chad mendes, where you don't really have to worry about getting hurt if he takes you down, you might just drop a decision. Or a guy like ryan bader. Takedown->GnP. They won't pass your guard.

Weidman is more like takedown->GnP->guard pass->mount->GnP/Sub

Conor and Ronda are the ones who are being force fed to everyone. Weidman is a great and undefeated champion who puts on a show almost every time. If you care so much about personality you are watching the wrong sport.

Thank you! Yes, McMouth and Ron are the ones being forced on everyone. Hype machine going into overdrive for those two.

I don't understand. You're complaining about MW title fights being "shoved down our throats" by being put on stacked on cards?

WTF are you complaining about, he is an exciting fighter.

I don't understand. You're complaining about MW title fights being "shoved down our throats" by being put on stacked on cards?
And this. Did you think this shit through at all TS? I feel like you have some personal vendetta against him for beating a fighter you liked. He is not a generic fighter. If you haven't noticed he has been messing guys up everywhere and knocked out the best middleweight of all time

He's rated higher than Jones because he'd beat the fuk out of Jones! We solved that the other day with a couple people in here!

seems_legit_2osh0x_by_aske_a_s_b_m_b-d86augq.jpg

Was about to post how at least TS is complaining about someone other than the biggest stars and then this turd shows up. Should have known.

Generic wrestler boxer continues to get paired up with Ronda or top draws. The guy has no personality and so static...don't understand why the UFC tries to continously shove this guy down our throats so much.

Guy continues to get carried by other top fighters.....now he has to be the co-main at UFC 194.

He's the champ. He has to fight

1 post, all better

Since when has MMA been about personality? 'Just say, some of us come for the fights. Besides, when did humbleness become a bad thing?

Even for sherdog this is a dumb thread.

So I should be impressed because he beat 3 old men, one who had an extensive lay off (including off his TRT) and journeyman in Munoz? Maia is his only decent win. Uriah Hall is okay but not elite.

You guys on this forum treat him like some MMA savant.

You're saying some of the most profoundly ignorant things I've seen in quite some time on a forum well known for being dense. I don't know if a congratulations is in order or not.

Yet the guy isn't drawing zilch. Everything he does or is shown is backed by somebody else. Why don't they let the guy float by himself if he's so amazing?
Because dummy casuals like yourself would rather see a Conor McGregor reality show than watch an undefeated and dominant champion. Maybe they feel theyve gone too far with the WWE bullshit and want to promote an actual champ?

Probably not, they love the WWE shit, but they still gotta promote their champs.

Funny how people used to say Ronda only got PPV buys because she was on cards with Weidman and now they are saying vice versa.

My how things have changed

Yet the guy isn't drawing zilch. Everything he does or is shown is backed by somebody else. Why don't they let the guy float by himself if he's so amazing?

We don't know how good he is by himself. You don't know either. You are just mad, I get it.

Back