News UFC Told Formiga That He’s 1 of 75 Fighters to Be Cut

Why is he a jerkoff? Surely not for using an effective legal technique...

Leg kicking is the most boring and pussiest way of point fighting if a fighter is using it as their main weapon. Using these techniques to set up takedowns or following them up with combinations and such, that's another story. But gaming the system by using this chickenshit "technique" is one of the worst things to happen in combat sports next to wall 'n stall.

I have no problem cutting the 125 division to the bare minimum. If they want to cut costly veterans with no title aspirations (think Elias Theodoru) in exchange for cheap and possibly exciting talent, I am ok with it. Sad from a human perspective, though.

I have no problem cutting the 125 division to the bare minimum. If they want to cut costly veterans with no title aspirations (think Elias Theodoru) in exchange for cheap and possibly exciting talent, I am ok with it. Sad from a human perspective, though.
lol Formiga and Elias are two entirely different cases.
Formiga beat the current champ literally last year.

If Romero got cut what other noteworthy fighter is on the chopping block?

This is like every dumbass corporation move when they don't know how to actually produce value anymore.

"Hey, instead of paying all this money for experienced and talented guys, let's just fire them all to make way for guys we don't have to pay as much!"

Quality then goes down the toilet and then the CEO acts surprised at the loss of revenue.

they want more sean omalley's and conor mcgregors. so it makes sense to bring in more people to give them a shot.

Back