UFC to expand beyond MMA and promote Kickboxing, Grappling?

WerdumFTW

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Now that UFC is adding the K1 Library, Live Glory events and live Grappling events, what is the possibility that UFC actually starts promoting fights (separate sport/events)? Boxing?

It might be a game changer for grappling and kickboxing to have a juggernaut promoter like the UFC.

The UFC will never print "UFC" on anything non-MMA imo. But if there is money to be made, they sure could leverage their assets to promote these events in the right way.

FightPass is like a different org to UFC.

Fightpass have various promotions on its books and seems to have a rise in viewers for all, it will be the same with Glory and EBI.

I doubt the UFC will ever promote anything other than their MMA brand.

I don't think the UFC is ready to give up the octagon. It's one of their earlier recognizable marks and is trademarked.

Maybe something like Caged Muay Thai thing, that John Wayne Parr participates in...

I don't see grappling in a octagon taking off.

Anything is possible, but I doubt it. I think it'll stay the way it is with UFC offering other combat sports on Fight Pass but not promoting it itself. They'd be diluting their own product if they started running different types of events, as MMA fighters could leave to do grappling or kickboxing, for example. It makes more sense to just have the UFC be MMA and not any of the more limited combat sports. I think MMA has the most potential for growrth out of all the combat sports do it's best to stick to that.

Joe Rogan has so much pull in the MMA world especially in the UFC that the EBI did not surprise me since Eddie and Joe are best friends but them picking up glory surprised me a little bit because their is not that much money in kick boxing alone. Usually when they do that its to dominate the market but here I am left scratching my head

FightPass is like a different org to UFC.

Fightpass have various promotions on its books and seems to have a rise in viewers for all, it will be the same with Glory and EBI.

I doubt the UFC will ever promote anything other than their MMA brand.
This. Why compete against yourself?

Well what I meant was UFC buys out glory and Eddie, and they promote Glory Kickboxing in a ring as a separate sport, not in a UFC cage.

The UFC needs to get TFC on Fight Pass

The future of MMA

UFC BJJ 1: BJ Penn vs Nick Diaz?

UFC Kickboxing 1: Pat Barry vs Junior dos Santos?

Zuffa may do that but it will not be under the UFC banner.

This is nothing more than a fantasy, grappling & boxing/kickboxing will NEVER have a place in the octagon or in the UFC.

Back