UFC to become more popular or die out in a few years?

ClueChap

don't let the belt fool ya boi
@Orange
Reaction score
i mean the past few years have certainly been good for the ufc with Ronda and Conor & some other big names, can you see it expanding into the full on mainstream and being as popular as perhaps football? I mean I don’t know the numbers perhaps it already is, but in all honestly I see it progressing exponentially for years and years to come purely because of the fact that there is a primal instinct and desire for combat in the human mind. It’s literally human nature, like everyone from all backgrounds love it, what do you reckon? Grow or die? I also think maybe if it came under different management it would help, Dana runs the ufc well but he does it his way & I think there are ways to make it much more accessible and appealing to the masses, just my thought anyways, though?

All I can say is I would love to see that happen. But to become as popular as football? I doubt it

UFC won't die out anytime soon.. same as how boxing will just continue to go on.

AND if they could put in MMA as an Olympic event, that would be Huge for the sport!

By Dana's growth-rate estimates it should be worth a couple trillion by Thanksgiving.

Steadily at an unchanging pace.
Im assuming you thought that I thought it meant increasingly, huh?

I mean it’s a universally understood sport loved by all countries, I don’t see why not

Universally loved...

marks-marks-everywhere.jpg

Universally loved...

Well I mean first off I said “understood” & I had a solid point there I was basically saying that everyone from across the globe understands fighting and knows what it is, which is why it’s appealing to everyone

Why are those the only two options? It wont die out and it might not become more popular.

Its already its own niche sport that has crossover appeal with the right fighters/fights. It will be like boxing. Its not going anywhere, it will have peaks and valleys. Big stars will come, fight, leave, new ones will come, there will be huge years with blockbuster fights and then down years without them.

We had two huge years in 2015 and 2016, then a down 2017 and 2018 up till this point and then we will start to see big fights and 2019 could be biggest year ever with Conor, Brock, GSp, Nate and maybe Jones all fighting.

Its never gonna be on the level of the MLB, NBA Football, College Football but its in that next class with boxing, golf, NHL, Nascar, college basketball and thats fine for this sport.

Universally loved...

Universally understood, loved by all countries I mean f*ck you got me there, I will sit on the naughty step until you’re ready to come get me. Sorry

Why are those the only two options? It wont die out and it might not become more popular.

Its already its own niche sport that has crossover appeal with the right fighters/fights. It will be like boxing. Its not going anywhere, it will have peaks and valleys. Big stars will come, fight, leave, new ones will come, there will be huge years with blockbuster fights and then down years without them.

We had two huge years in 2015 and 2016, then a down 2017 and 2018 up till this point and then we will start to see big fights and 2019 could be biggest year ever with Conor, Brock, GSp, Nate and maybe Jones all fighting.

Its never gonna be on the level of the MLB, NBA Football, College Football but its in that next class with boxing, golf, NHL, Nascar, college basketball and thats fine for this sport.
Seems like the most plausible option in all fairness, fair enough

Well I mean first off I said “understood” & I had a solid point there I was basically saying that everyone from across the globe understands fighting and knows what it is, which is why it’s appealing to everyone

What you're saying is like 2 UFC taglines ago, maybe 3. FIghting is in our DNA! The hype was for the 4 billion. You weren't paying the 4 billion, ipso facto, the the hype wasn't for you. It's just cage fighting bro. Be happy that you like it.

What you're saying is like 2 UFC taglines ago, maybe 3. FIghting is in our DNA! The hype was for the 4 billion. You weren't paying the 4 billion, ipso facto, the the hype wasn't for you. It's just cage fighting bro. Be happy that you like it.
Regardless it’s a good point. Simply expressing the fact that it’s a sport that everyone just understands and enjoys

Steadily at an unchanging pace.
Im assuming you thought that I thought it meant increasingly, huh?
Damn you're fast! I couldn't format properly so I just deleted the comment.
I know you didn't mean it literally but I still thought it a big exaggeration.

Damn you're fast! I couldn't format properly so I just deleted the comment.
I know you didn't mean it literally but I still thought it a big exaggeration.
Reflexes of a tiger baby. Although reflex’s have nothing to do with particular scenario, but I digress, how is it an exaggeration?

Can we all just be happy and enjoy this innocently shite thread & love each other pls

Back