UFC Texas fans...who's going to UFC 185: Pettis vs Dos Anjos?

boozeco2005

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I live in dallas and i've been to 4 UFC events in texas in the last year and a half so of course i'm going lol...anybody else in texas or anywhere close gonna make the trip?

I live in dallas and i've been to 4 UFC events in texas in the last year and a half so of course i'm going lol...anybody else in texas or anywhere close gonna make the trip?

Born and raised in Dallas. Have been to a couple non UFC events and boxing, but not UFC.

Excited, want to get tickets!!

Made it to 171 met to many fucker not to go back.... bring it on zuffa!

I'll be there, 166 was the first event I attended and I've been to 171 and Swanson vs Edgar since then. Can't beat the atmosphere.

Im in lake dallas. Been to a couple ufcs in dallas and Houston. I need to see the whole fight roster before I make my mind. Who else is fighting?

I leave for boot camp a week before LOL what luck.

Arlington Texas, by way of Grand Prairie Texas. 171 was my first ever UFC event, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I'm definitely going to try and go again, though I'm not a fan of Pettis or Dos Anjos...it would be fun anyway.

Waiting to check on the prices, but planning on going.

How is it like to go to an event? Is there dudes trying to pick fights with you? Somebody answer and give me basic answers lol

Live and train in Dallas and I'll be there. Was at UFC 171 and it was great.

I always go to the Legacy FC when it comes to Dallas (its usually at the allen event center) and I always make the short trip to Winstar for Bellator (bellator comes to Winstar usually 3 times a year and its only a 70 minute drive from Dallas).

Whenever you make a thread that is related to Texas you should always try to incorporate the phrase "Texas Style!" into the title.

Dallas, well actually Irving, Tx bro checking in. Whats the ticket prices gonna be like. Broke :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: checking in as well you feel me. If its over $100 bucks might just have to hit up BWW. If it was a Jones or another Hendricks event I'd throw down the money but I'm not that huge a fan of anyone on the 185 card.

How is it like to go to an event? Is there dudes trying to pick fights with you? Somebody answer and give me basic answers lol

People were cool around me. But a fight broke out in the bottom level, probably about 15 yards from the octagon, when Condit was walking out at UFC 171.

Arlington,Tx here too. Anyways went to 171 and probably 185. Wish Pettis was fighting Diaz. Oh and WTF kinda call was that today? Clearly a catch!

Arlington,Tx here too. Anyways went to 171 and probably 185. Wish Pettis was fighting Diaz. Oh and WTF kinda call was that today? Clearly a catch!

i know man.

I'm in arlington myself, thinking about going. but i'm not sure.

Under the dumb rule it wasn't a catch. The ball was being jostled with at first and then Bryant didn't maintain possession thru the ground. From a common sense standpoint, that's a catch. He held onto it long enough. But not in a world where Calvin Johnson's a few years ago wasn't a catch, this isn't either. That was more control. He went to the ground with his feet under control and slammed the ball to the ground to relinquish it seemingly intentionally. They should change the rule, but it is the rule.

Anyways, what's being conveniently ignored to focus on the controversy because it means more catharsis and better ratings, is regardless the Packers would have only needed a couple points and moved the ball into fg range on the subsequent drive with a fresh set of downs and a ton of time to spare. So the Cowboys likely wouldn't have won anyway.

I thought it last week when the Cowboys benefited from a controversial call, and one which I actually agreed under the rules was wrong. It's loser's lament to blame officiating when the totality of calls didn't heavily go against you or a late call didn't pretty much definitively make the difference between winning a losing. The Lions still had over 8 minutes and allowed a long drive for a td, and then fumbled away the game. In this case the Cowboys still had over 4 minutes to play but allowed multiple first downs for the Packers to ice the game. In both cases, the right teams probably won still.

All this said, if I fly to Dallas to see my boy Tony fight, will you put me up at your home for free? :icon_chee

I think it would be great if the Packers won the Super Bowl, and then Tony, a Packers' fan, wore a green and gold colored shirt in front of the Dallas fans with the slogan, "it's all part of the process". He wears a Brewers' colored Showtime Pettis shirt as of now.

I went to 136 I'm thinking about going but Pettis and DosAnos don't do enough for me I'll see how the card builds.

Back