UFC Targets Aug 30th In Vegas For Jones/Gus 2, UFC 177

Diamond Jim

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Saw this on sportscenter twitter feed. Can't link it from my phone.

Brett Okamoto ‏@bokamotoESPN 9m

Breaking: UFC targets Aug. 30, Las Vegas for Jon Jones, Alexander Gustafsson rematch. Gustafsson already accepted. http://goo.gl/RL1KLn
View summary

Brett Okamoto ‏@bokamotoESPN 3m

Jones has not accepted Gus rematch yet, but offer is out there, per Lorenzo Fertitta. Gus verbally agreed today.
Details

So when the hell is Hendricks supposed to fight? I wonder if they'll make this card a double championship fight card.

If not the only place he could defend would be Canada. Which would kind of be bs to have him fight there, especially if it's against Rory.

The Embedded series talking about having to convince his manager why this fight makes sense and saying his manager hopes he can get a deal done sounds like Jones could be a problem.

HOpefully its not a problem and Jones takes the fight.

So if the Dan v. Dan winner is after that this means the they'll be on the shelf for quite a while if there's any significant injury to the winner.

That's relatively quick. I was thinking they might hold it back to October/November.

I could Jones/Gus winner vs. DC/Hendo winner happening Superbowl weekend 2015.

Was hoping they brought it back to Toronto. Oh well, Jones sign it .

1507794_1446002138975847_8508772083443465703_n.jpg

Jones waiting for a possible Hendo win here :icon_lol:

Jones has yet to fight in Vegas as champ. We know what happened last time he was scheduled for a fight in Vegas....

Back