UFC Superfights or Legend fights....anyone interested???

Johnny Drama

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Was just thinking how the UFC could change things up once in a while to make things interesting.
Was thinking something like the IFL did example Maurice Smith vs Marco Ruas older pretty much retired guys getting in the cage for some of the older hardcore fans and getting newer fans to know who these guys are/were.

Maybe 2-3 of these fights per year. Just something different to add. Im sure most of these guys being late 30's to 40's are still in decent shape and might still train. I think it would be cool to do something like that.

Maybe there's somebody that still has bad blood and it was never settled, this would be good for that. Probably would never happen but who knows, Dana said the UFC would never have women fighting.

Would anyone be interested in this?

Wasn't Coleman talking about an older division, right before he needed a new hip?

I would be very interested.

Fedor vs Couture
Arlovski vs Mir
Arlovski vs Cro Cop
Shamrock vs Gracie III
Ruas vs Rickson

I'd be happy to see it, especially if it stretched to grappling events. Not overly keen on seeing the likes of Chuck getting ko'd by anyone, even if it is by someone his own age.

Don't see why it needs to have anything to do with the UFC though

Crap! I don't know how to embed videos. Sorry, need more coffee!

i def do not want to see these old grandpas fighting. I respect them immensley for what they did and they should be honored as much they can be honored, but the time for fighting is past. Let them corner guys or give them some time to speak,but thats it.

I would be very interested.

Fedor vs Couture
Arlovski vs Mir
Arlovski vs Cro Cop
Shamrock vs Gracie III
Ruas vs Rickson

couture is in his 50s,stay outta the cage you old legend you. Fedor would kill him even in his prime, his ancestors would feel the pain that russian cyborg would put on him now. Shamrock vs gracie III? why would anyone wanna watch Ken after that garbage we saw in bellator?? Ruas and Rickson...fuck might as well dig up helio while were at it.

For a while now I've been thinking that they should do "special attraction" fights, which could be what you are talking about TS.

I'd also like to see:
-matches with special rules
-fighters be able fight people in weight a class above and below without having to meet at the exact same weight
-fights where winning and losing isn't the most important thing, rather putting on a good show is valued most. (no Lay and pray, Wall and stall, etc) You could give the fighters a cash incentive for things like significant strikes landed, near submission attempts, looking to finish the fight etc.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it would be cool to have fights where the winner gets his or her next training camp paid for by the UFC and give them the choice of where and when they want to fight next.. possibly even let them pick opponents.

I dont know, personally I would like to see some more variety in the UFC. sometimes it seems like they are scared to try things like this or maybe they're just against it, but even freakshow fights and squash matches have their place in my opinion. I get the impression they try too hard to make it a "legit sport" but MMA is fun and I think you can have a balanace between the "legit" side of things and the fun stuff.

Last edited:
Back