UFC Superbowl ads?/Event weekend after the Suberbowl?

boozeco2005

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The superbowl is being carried by fox this year. I'm really hoping the UFC will have a PPV the weekend after the Superbowl rather than the saturday before like they usually do. If fox is serious about promoting the ufc like they say they are, what better time than the biggest television event of the year? They could run a couple of ads during the superbowl and i'm sure ppv buyrates would go up the next weekend. I just think it would be a monumental step for the ufc to be advertised during the superbowl, and since it's on fox it would be free of charge or at least at a discounted rate. What do you think?

Well theyre already having an event the night before the SB but I dont know if thats a PPV or a Fox card

its possible, FOX wants a UFC event that weekend too.

so free one on fox that weekend and big PPV the next weekend with a superbowl spot.

What a great idea TS!
congratulations! It would work really well!

Why would Fox advertise a PPV card for free? They don't own a piece of the PPV.

This would be a smart idea. I'm sure Dana has already thought of this and discussed it with the guys a Fox.

Why would Fox advertise a PPV card for free? They don't own a piece of the PPV.

Because the UFC is one of their centerpieces for Fox Sports 1 so why not improve the marketing for the product.

Back