UFC submissions usage

1. Is why I find it shocking. Women’s arms can be so bendy. When my daughter competed it was much easier getting arm bars on boys for her.
Fair enough but by flexibility I was more referring to the legs and hips when doing armbars from guard.
I think when a high-level jiujiteiro has an armbar locked in, a little more elbow flexibility probably isn't going to save you.

Somehow Tony survived Oliveira's armbar at the end of a round, a few more seconds and he was toast, but even so I think in R2 and R3 his arm was badly compromised.
When Mackenzie Dern locked in the armbar on Nina Nunes there were 5 seconds left in the round but Nina had no choice but to tap immediately.

Reactions: Yep
Hell hook sounds like a mortal kombat finishing move.

If that was a dig at Olienek in the end, I really dont think its just raw power, especially when he does it from bottom.
The man has a black belt in bjj, a 4th dan in jjj, and an ims in sambo.

unrelated thou, seeng gordon ryan use him in competition like a dummy was crazy.
Not a dig at all, I really like Oleynik and always root for him. He's *quite* the exception, but I just mean that at lower weights there are more high level grapplers by far, and they can escape a lot easier/more frequently, especially the tiny guys.

Not a dig at all, I really like Oleynik and always root for him. He's *quite* the exception, but I just mean that at lower weights there are more high level grapplers by far, and they can escape a lot easier/more frequently, especially the tiny guys.
I think that’s the same in all combat sports usually. The more you go up the less technique you see.
For example everytime i heard the name wilder on this forum i hear somebody shitting on his skills regardless of context.

FixpQDk.gif

On this note is it just me or are triangle chokes becoming less and less successful?

On this note is it just me or are triangle chokes becoming less and less successful?
Yep, same goes with Kimura and other submissions. RNC is only trustworthy finish submission this days.

Back