UFC Stars of Past and Present Talk of a Fighter Union

Dana-White.jpg

One of the funniest videos in MMA history

Who'da thunk Randy would end up one of the biggest enemies to the sport? MMA is crazy

I have 0 expectations for this fighters union.

you never know.

and lol at saskatoon. thats a funny word. i googled it. lol at saskatchewan

sounds like fighters should have started union under teh calvert regime.

<14>
{<tongue}

i feel the same. i think most fighters are realizing that the ufc is really ran through popularity and the amount of money you can make the ufc. maybe in the beginning, the ufc thought it could become a major sports league where merit is most important and the fighters on average are paid relatively-well. that is definitely not the direction it went. stars get paid. the rest get peanuts.

So when the UFC was throwing millions down a hole with no end in sight, what did the fighters deserve?

I used to be against an union but after looking at the numbers, fighters are getting shafted.

Take Major league soccer, 7th most popular soccer league in the world. Their current tv deal is less money than the Ufc. They have 500 players as well.
23 players making at least a million dollars.
Average salary is $316k and average median salary is $117k with the absolute bottom making $36k. Players don't have to worry about paying coaches, head injuries and can still earn extra money in sponsorship.

Ufc not only have a bigger tv deal but has the benefit of ppv revenue($6-45 million per month depending on buyrate). Something is not adding up. Maybe Ufc is waiting for that huge tv deal to adjust salaries. The average salary for someone that fights 3 times per year is $73k. Geez

An union can't hurt the pockets.

I used to be against an union but after looking at the numbers, fighters are getting shafted.

Take Major league soccer, 7th most popular soccer league in the world. Their current tv deal is less money than the Ufc. They have 500 players as well.
23 players making at least a million dollars.
Average salary is $316k and average median salary is $117k with the absolute bottom making $36k. Players don't have to worry about paying coaches, head injuries and can still earn extra money in sponsorship.

Ufc not only have a bigger tv deal but has the benefit of ppv revenue($6-45 million per month depending on buyrate). Something is not adding up. Maybe Ufc is waiting for that huge tv deal to adjust salaries. The average salary for someone that fights 3 times per year is $73k. Geez.
These are some of the same points I have been making. Unions aren't perfect, but these athletes have been getting hosed. UFC pulled down over 600 million in revenue last year and fighters received about 15%. Ridiculous, wouldn't happen in any other sport.

A fighters association would have had say in things like the Reebok deal and USADA. Fighters need a voice, it's just that simple.

These are some of the same points I have been making. Unions aren't perfect, but these athletes have been getting hosed. UFC pulled down over 600 million in revenue last year and fighters received about 15%. Ridiculous, wouldn't happen in any other sport.

A fighters association would have had say in things like the Reebok deal and USADA. Fighters need a voice, it's just that simple.

I am actually in favor of the Reebok deal but fighters should be able to add one sponsor to the shorts. I noticed monster patches are allowed.

Ufc got shafted by Reebok. $10 million per year is laughable.

I am actually in favor of the Reebok deal but fighters should be able to add one sponsor to the shorts. I noticed monster patches are allowed.

Ufc got shafted by Reebok. $10 million per year is laughable.
That's because Monster is an official sponsor of the UFC lol. Fighters cannot display any outside sponsors or even rep them during fight week. Now that is laughable for guys making 8k to show.

i feel the same. i think most fighters are realizing that the ufc is really ran through popularity and the amount of money you can make the ufc. maybe in the beginning, the ufc thought it could become a major sports league where merit is most important and the fighters on average are paid relatively-well. that is definitely not the direction it went. stars get paid. the rest get peanuts.

f7FdEdG.jpg

UFC will become unionized..... I will guarantee it!... It is just the time it will occur that I don't know. My guess is 2 years.

Back