UFC sneakily feeding us more WMMA

Because they're all professional sports, moron.

What about mixed pro sports, or unisex sports?

Mixed curling has become pretty big and was added to the Olympics ASAP, before the last Winter Games.. And there is real money in pro curling.

Mixed tennis, and golf have all kinds of tourneys.

What about equestrian sports? Badass female jockeys. Female horses and riders compete with their male counterparts. Aren’t shooting sports also unisex?

Surely, pro fishing has women competing with the men?

Auto racing... Shirley CHA Fucking CHA Muldowney, mothafuckas??? There’s a fucking pioneer female for you right there, kids.

Shirley-Muldowney1.jpg

83d4d5146177b888489e3ddfd254652f

7rczvVH.gif

Last edited:
You act too God damned easily triggered to be a full grown adult son, and your Conor affection makes you seem like a skinny jean wearing tween? I just get a kick outta poking/kicking you and reading your over responses..
It’s even creepier when you say poking missing link. Remember stick to your own simian species and stop projecting your creepy sexual desires onto others. you’re starting to emit creepy pedo vibes now considering the broadly accepted definition of tween

What about mixed pro sports, or unisex sports?

Mixed curling has become pretty big and was added to the Olympics ASAP, before the last Winter Games.. And there is real money in pro curling.

Mixed tennis, and golf have all kinds of tourneys.

What about equestrian sports? Badass female jockeys. Female horses and riders compete with their male counterparts. Aren’t shooting sports also unisex?

Surely, pro fishing has women competing with the men?

Auto racing... Shirley CHA Fucking CHA Muldowney, mothafuckas??? There’s a fucking pioneer female for you right there, kids.

Shirley-Muldowney1.jpg

83d4d5146177b888489e3ddfd254652f

7rczvVH.gif

It’s all trash.

If you think no one gives a fuck about WMMA then tell me what is their incentive for adding more? This should be an interesting answer
Well one possibility is considering the behemoth company that now owns the ufc may well be happy to eat short term minor losses in the hope of eventually reaching a wider audience. So far in this thread the only evidence I’ve seen if wmmas popularity is on the free portion Of cards. I don’t see any correlation between Wmma and higher ppv numbers

It’s even creepier when you say poking missing link. Remember stick to your own simian species and stop projecting your creepy sexual desires onto others. you’re starting to emit creepy pedo vibes now considering the broadly accepted definition of tween

You do realize that embrace all things simian hence my AV..? You need a new angle friend... <Gordonhat>

Guessing you didn’t see my reply to the other guy who provided the same link? Tbh I’m too lazy to repeat it here verbatim. Have a look yourself.
Interesting but from reading that doesn't it largely point to WMMA fights being popular when free, is there any correlation with regards to those viewers specifically paying for PPVs for WMMA fights, with the obvious exception of Ronda?

First of all, it seems that you've had to retreat from your initial claim that it is "lacking any definitive proof" that "many people find WMMA compelling". This is important to acknowlege. Many WMMA-bashers on this forum don't acknowlege it. They try to make us believe that nobody likes WMMA. It is being shoved down our throats, they tell us, for reasons of political correctness (or some such). But the fact is, it has popularity. And that is important.

Now you admit that "WMMA fights [are] popular when free".

And you've narrowed down the question of the popularity of WMMA to the much more limited issue of whether WMMA is good as a PPV draw.

Do we really have much data that relates to that question? It seems to me that many of the biggest WMMA fights in the UFC were scheduled as co-main events. How does one figure the power of co-main fights as a ppv draw? Most of the credit, or blame, for the PPV numbers will go to main event, right? Not the co-main. And how does one weigh the contributions of the other fights, neither main nor co-main, on the card? Having an accepted procedure for evaluation of % draw would be helpful,
but does any sound procedure for this actually exist? If not, no debate on the topic will be very meaningful.

And does ppv drawing power mean much nowadays anyway? After all, the new ESPN contract gives the UFC a guaranteed amount of money for cards independent of ppv numbers, if I understand the deal correctly.

You do realize that embrace all things simian hence my AV..? You need a new angle friend... <Gordonhat>
Sounds like too tight an embrace. Doctor's still don't know how a originally simian disease like aids crossed over to humans. Guess we should thank you for revealing you're patient zero. You said you've been in Africa before, in the Democratic Republic of Congo perhaps?

why the fuck are you comparing MMA to the NBA NFL etc thats just stupid.

An MMA fight lasts 15 minutes, and an entire card is made up of a number of bouts, so having a variety of weight classes and sexes is perfectly normal.

How on earth would that relate or be comparable to the NFL...? Would the NFL show one quarter of Miami v New York, and then one quarter of Cleveland Ladies v Seattle ladies? no, that would be stupid. Just as stupid as showing one quarter of Miami v New York and then one quarter of Chicago v Kansas

Comparing MMA, an individual sport of short 15m bouts, to team sports with matches lasting an hour or more is dumb

Should the UFC add an under 15s division? Maybe a seniors divison of over 40+? What about a superheavyweight class?

UFC should be about seeing the best fighters in the world fight each other. Not a bunch of physically inferior women that I could beat up after pounding a couple beers.

UFC should be about seeing the best fighters in the world fight each other. Not a bunch of physically inferior women that I could beat up after pounding a couple beers.

so get rid of male flyweight, male bantamweight and male heavyweight as well then... fuck it, light heavyweight is pretty shit outside the top 3-4 fighters as well.

So lets just reduce the UFC to male featherweight, lightweight and middleweight and can the rest..

oh and cut everyone outside the top 15 as well.. nobody wants to see the 35th in teh world fight the 47th in the world.

So basically make the UFC only 45 fighters.. 3 divisions.. scrap the rest

Well one possibility is considering the behemoth company that now owns the ufc may well be happy to eat short term minor losses in the hope of eventually reaching a wider audience. So far in this thread the only evidence I’ve seen if wmmas popularity is on the free portion Of cards. I don’t see any correlation between Wmma and higher ppv numbers
The huge numbers involved a girl that was just on dancing with the stars and the other was the woman who dethroned Ronda. I was at the holm- fight and the arena was clearing out in the 3rd rd

First of all, it seems that you've had to retreat from your initial claim that it is "lacking any definitive proof" that "many people find WMMA compelling". This is important to acknowlege. Many WMMA-bashers on this forum don't acknowlege it. They try to make us believe that nobody likes WMMA. It is being shoved down our throats, they tell us, for reasons of political correctness (or some such). But the fact is, it has popularity. And that is important.

Now you admit that "WMMA fights [are] popular when free".

And you've narrowed down the question of the popularity of WMMA to the much more limited issue of whether WMMA is good as a PPV draw.

Do we really have much data that relates to that question? It seems to me that many of the biggest WMMA fights in the UFC were scheduled as co-main events. How does one figure the power of co-main fights as a ppv draw? Most of the credit, or blame, for the PPV numbers will go to main event, right? Not the co-main. And how does one weigh the contributions of the other fights, neither main nor co-main, on the card? Having an accepted procedure for evaluation of % draw would be helpful,
but does any sound procedure for this actually exist? If not, no debate on the topic will be very meaningful.

And does ppv drawing power mean much nowadays anyway? After all, the new ESPN contract gives the UFC a guaranteed amount of money for cards independent of ppv numbers, if I understand the deal correctly.
As far as I understand the ESPN deal you are essentially correct hence likely why more WMMA fights will be pushed to prominence, deserving or otherwise. With regards to PPV data, the data we have suggests with the exception of Ronda, and perhaps Holly instead of Cyborg, at least according to Dim, that women aren't a ppv draw. My point in response to the other poster was that I don't see any correlation with that popularity on free portions of cards, numbers which I'll admit I found surprising and I'll acknowledge my error here, and paying customers.

so get rid of male flyweight, male bantamweight and male heavyweight as well then... fuck it, light heavyweight is pretty shit outside the top 3-4 fighters as well.

So lets just reduce the UFC to male featherweight, lightweight and middleweight and can the rest..

oh and cut everyone outside the top 15 as well.. nobody wants to see the 35th in teh world fight the 47th in the world.

So basically make the UFC only 45 fighters.. 3 divisions.. scrap the rest

fuck yeah. now you are talking

I'd be bumped as hell to see open weight UFC. My av is saku for a reason.

The huge numbers involved a girl that was just on dancing with the stars and the other was the woman who dethroned Ronda. I was at the holm- fight and the arena was clearing out in the 3rd rd
Sorry mate I literally have no idea who was on dancing with the stars, I presume an American, isn't there sadly basically an iteration of this show in almost every country? Is she a PPV draw?

well played UFC,

You knew we would tune in to see:

Lamas vs Kattar
Rivera vs Yan
Tuivasa vs Ivanov
and of course
Cejudo (c) vs Moraes (possible champ-champ situation)

So after that bait has been set, and a large amount of the fan base hooked, they book:

Xionan vs Herrig
Grasso vs Kowalkiewicz
Chookagian vs Calderwood
Suarez vs Anseroff
and finally
Shevchenko (c) vs Eye.

So that tuning in to this PPV (if you watch the prelims too)

Means you’ll be watching WMMA

Five times!

Great way for the UFC to give a bunch of WMMA fighters (ten on one night so far) fights, and try to push WMMA on casuals and hardcore fans alike.

All I have to say is, UFC

I see you

Hope this isn’t the start of a new trend.
NHL/NBA/NFL/MLB fans never have to deal with this.

Discuss

Gawd. At least half of the fights on most cards are bullshit. Why am I supposed to care if it's male or female bullshit.

On this card, in particular, pretty much all of the fights are bullshit.

And in case you haven't noticed, the FlyWeight Divison hasn't been able to draw... ummm... flies.

I remember when they used to try to "sneak" MM fights on cards headlined by non championship bouts like Lee v Ferguson, because he couldn't crack 125,000 PPV buys as the headliner, even with guys like Rampage and Rumble and Mir on the card.

Sorry mate I literally have no idea who was on dancing with the stars, I presume an American, isn't there sadly basically an iteration of this show in almost every country? Is she a PPV draw?
It was Pvz

Sounds like too tight an embrace. Doctor's still don't know how a originally simian disease like aids crossed over to humans. Guess we should thank you for revealing you're patient zero. You said you've been in Africa before, in the Democratic Republic of Congo perhaps?

I note you're the only one that's bringing up gay, incestuous, pedo, now animal sex? Things that make you go mmmm.? Feelz like someones projecting to me son... <Baelish01>

With regards to PPV data, the data we have suggests with the exception of Ronda, and perhaps Holly instead of Cyborg, at least according to Dim, that women aren't a ppv draw.
Says you, of some data.

But is your data truly meaningful? Is it sufficient in amount and quality to answer the question that you want it to?

And are you interpreting the data in a meaningful way?

You haven't explained the method for "determining " how a particular fight contributes to ppv buys. As I pointed out, we really don't have an agreed on method for determining how much a WMMA co-main, for example, should get credit for high PPV numbers. You speak of "the data we have" but don't deal with the quality of that data to determine what you are trying to determine.

I note you're the only one that's bringing up gay, incestuous, pedo, now animal sex? Things that make you go mmmm.? Feelz like someones projecting to me son... <Baelish01>
From the guy who admittedly loves all things simian? "You do realize that embrace all things simian hence my AV..?" Your words verbatim. Do better patient zero stop embracing simians and come up with something entertaining.

Last edited:
Back