UFC sneakily feeding us more WMMA

That is just fucked up and uncalled for...

giphy.gif

The only time the UFC ‘pushes’ something, is when, one way or another, that thing is a big pot of cash for them - like Conor, or CM Punk, or a marketable prospect.

The idea that the UFC would be ‘pushing’ WMMA because political correctness or whatever other nonsensical reason you have dreamt up, is retarded.
I’d be interested to see that evidence. Based on available PPV numbers Ronda and to a lesser degree Cybirg have been WMMAs only draws. No one else has looked capable of headlining a card on their own to this point

The only time the UFC ‘pushes’ something, is when, one way or another, that thing is a big pot of cash for them - like Conor, or CM Punk, or a marketable prospect.

The idea that the UFC would be ‘pushing’ WMMA because political correctness or whatever other nonsensical reason you have dreamt up, is retarded.

Men have been in the sport long enough they know the Reebok deal is bad, they know title shots aren't earned, they know Dana doesn't care, constant union whispers, and they know they can crush Bellator cans if they want to.

Women are happy just to be at the table; they don't pay so much attention to all the shit UFC throws at them. So it's probably easier to make those fights. So we'll see more wmma until the women notice how bad they're getting fucked, too.

well atleast i wont have to pay one single cent to watch that garbage and thank god for a fast forward option.

I’d be interested to see that evidence. Based on available PPV numbers Ronda and to a lesser degree Cybirg have been WMMAs only draws. No one else has looked capable of headlining a card on their own to this point

It isn’t just about having headliners. Fans need other reasons to watch the cards, and clearly, many find WMMA compelling. The ‘WMMA sucks camp’ simply refusing to believe that they and their buddies don’t represent fans as a whole.

You know who has seen the numbers? The guys who run this business.

It isn’t just about having headliners. Fans need other reasons to watch the cards, and clearly, many find WMMA compelling. The ‘WMMA sucks camp’ simply refusing to believe that they and their buddies don’t represent fans as a whole.

You know who has seen the numbers? The guys who run this business.
Sure but your opinion is an equally subjective one. Perhaps the guys running the business are happy to eat short term losses in terms of viewership in hopes of cracking the mainstream with younger demographics aged 18-30. The sheer scope of this company plus their deal with ESPN means they could well be willing to gamble in the short to mid term in the hopes of long term success. So your assertion that clearly many people find WMMA compelling is lacking any definitive proof, whereas the numbers we do have offer proof that women with the exception of Ronda haven't been a ppv draw. Perhaps it's even simpler that the UFC and it's owners are trying to attract a more wider and diverse range of sponsorship, sponsorship money which could offset any potential reduction in viewers who are irked by an agenda to push the shallow talent pool in WMMA more to the forefront of the UFC.

Sure but your opinion is an equally subjective one. Perhaps the guys running the business are happy to eat short term losses in terms of viewership in hopes of cracking the mainstream with younger demographics aged 18-30. The sheer scope of this company plus their deal with ESPN means they could well be willing to gamble in the short to mid term in the hopes of long term success. So your assertion that clearly many people find WMMA compelling is lacking any definitive proof, whereas the numbers we do have offer proof that women with the exception of Ronda haven't been a ppv draw. Perhaps it's even simpler that the UFC and it's owners are trying to attract a more wider and diverse range of sponsorship, sponsorship money which could offset any potential reduction in viewers who are irked by an agenda to push the shallow talent pool in WMMA more to the forefront of the UFC.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/fox-f...tionally-popular-with-ufc-fans-183134436.html

well played UFC,

You knew we would tune in to see:

Lamas vs Kattar
Rivera vs Yan
Tuivasa vs Ivanov
and of course
Cejudo (c) vs Moraes (possible champ-champ situation)

So after that bait has been set, and a large amount of the fan base hooked, they book:

Xionan vs Herrig
Grasso vs Kowalkiewicz
Chookagian vs Calderwood
Suarez vs Anseroff
and finally
Shevchenko (c) vs Eye.

So that tuning in to this PPV (if you watch the prelims too)

Means you’ll be watching WMMA

Five times!

Great way for the UFC to give a bunch of WMMA fighters (ten on one night so far) fights, and try to push WMMA on casuals and hardcore fans alike.

All I have to say is, UFC

I see you

Hope this isn’t the start of a new trend.
NHL/NBA/NFL/MLB fans never have to deal with this.

Discuss

There not sneaking anything lol

Theyve been doing that since the begining of WMMA..

As always when i see these threads

Who cares..a fights a fight..if you dont like it dont watch

Interesting but from reading that doesn't it largely point to WMMA fights being popular when free, is there any correlation with regards to those viewers specifically paying for PPVs for WMMA fights, with the obvious exception of Ronda?
This is an important distinction, but one would at least imagine a weak correlation resulting in a net profit for the ufc.

In my opinion the simplest explanation for those numbers, in absence of UFCs own in-house metrics, is that wmma causes more females to the watch the ufc, whereas it causes very few men to tune out because of wmma.

You stIll triggered son..? Carry on <BC1> <GrassoBless>
Lol son and now I'm in your sig as being owned by you? Obsessed much? I'd be flattered except you're a creepy fuck who is blowing kisses at me and wants to own me. You realize I like everyone else on planet earth don't want to fuck you right? Stick to your own species you genetic missing link. I finally get your AV pic; intellectually you still belong with the apes.

I find the top of the women's divisions interesting. Someone posted clips of Suarez, Shevchanko, and a few others, and that's the kind of fighter I'm talking about. There's about ten fighters give or take across all women's divisions who are highly skilled. The rest are prelim level fighters and I wish there were fewer of those fights on main cards.

I like WMMA, and I don't think the UFC should get rid of it, but I think they should put it out there in small doses and on big cards they should choose the fights more carefully to ensure quality.

I find the top of the women's divisions interesting. Someone posted clips of Suarez, Shevchanko, and a few others, and that's the kind of fighter I'm talking about. There's about ten fighters give or take across all women's divisions who are highly skilled. The rest are prelim level fighters and I wish there were fewer of those fights on main cards.

I like WMMA, and I don't think the UFC should get rid of it, but I think they should put it out there in small doses and on big cards they should choose the fights more carefully to ensure quality.
You're too fucking sensible mate. This is the perfect balance considering the current lack of depth in WMMA. The top talent is decent but ffs the level of female fighter currently getting a shot in the UFC and on mains PPVS etc is just ridiculous. Why not build the talent in say Invicta then after they've shown a level of capability bring them over onto what's supposed to be the premier organization in MMA.

You're too fucking sensible mate. This is the perfect balance considering the current lack of depth in WMMA. The top talent is decent but ffs the level of female fighter currently getting a shot in the UFC and on PPVS etc is just ridiculous. Why not build the talent in say Invicta then after they've shown a level of capability bring them over onto what's supposed to be the premier organization in MMA.

Yes, I wish they made better use of Invicta and showed only the top women's fights in the UFC.

WME found they could save money since they only pay female fighters $0.77 on the dollar

Lol son and now I'm in your sig as being owned by you? Obsessed much? I'd be flattered except you're a creepy fuck who is blowing kisses at me and wants to own me. You realize I like everyone else on planet earth don't want to fuck you right? Stick to your own species you genetic missing link. I finally get your AV pic; intellectually you still belong with the apes.

tenor.gif
Yes, come to me my triggered pet...

Back